It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Near Death Experiences testify to God as taught by Christ...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Near Death Experiences say God is loving and forgiving, but so did Christ (Luke 6:36-36).

Jesus talked about Light many times and Near Death Experiences say they saw Light, not any Light, but the Light of Love, and God is Love and Merciful.

Negative Near Death Experiences talk about being in darkness or a void which is devoid of Love,... Jesus talked about the outer darkness from the Glory of God in Matthew 8:12, 22:13, and 25:30.

People say they see different places in Heaven (and even different beings), Christ said, in God's house (Heaven), they are many rooms (John 14:2).

People who sickness were healed and brought back to life by their Near Death Experience (like Anita Moorjani).

They testify about the eternal truth of God's Law:

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." - Matthew 7:12.

It is the simple/narrow path to Life/Heaven (Matthew 7:12-14).

Loving-Kindness/Compassion is God's real law and what his real prophets teach. Near Death Experiences testify to the Truth.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I've nearly died a few times.
Never saw any light.
It was all darkness and peace.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I've long suspected those who experience nothing after Death have a unique situation where they have no ancestors beyond the grand child to reincarnate into. This would then be the end of your experiences in this Universe, go forth and multiply ? If this is the case then perhaps procreation really is the main reason to exist on this planet and gain immortality from it ? I wonder if the powers in charge know this and encourage us to have less children via abortion programs, contraception and high cost of living.

I imagine that when you die your reward is how you brought up your kids and taught them to be good honest humans, then when you incarnate into a relative born after you die you get the payday for your efforts. It would be the ultimate Karma trick but it could also work in reverse and if you were cruel and dishonest you would be shuffled into your very own product that would resonate down the lineage. I often wondered about the 5 generation curse put on murderers and if this was the way it paid you back ?

Your DNA is like an antenna to collect your soul at birth and the reason you can only jump into a relative is due to the fact your soul has accumulated the "Tune" of your parents DNA and is fully compatible with your own...your soul is the song and the Double Helix is the physical cage...interesting stuff I think.
edit on 20-5-2015 by mazzroth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Ive heard your body releases '___' twice in your life. Birth and Death. Always wondered of NDEs were a result of preexisting beliefs and the chemical '___'.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I've nearly died a few times.
Never saw any light.
It was all darkness and peace.

"reply to Mazzroth"
That is an interesting hypothesis.
I have no children that I am aware of.
I have never really pondered the possibility that I'm my own grandpa.
edit on 20-5-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

It is the simple/narrow path to Life/Heaven

Simple?

Not hardly... simplistic maybe but its anything but easy if that is what you're saying

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Maybe, It probably wasn't the right time for God to reveal himself, but God still loves you which is why he held you in Peace while in darkness.

Some people who lived hateful lives causing pain and suffer for others were tormented in the darkness/void by likeminded spirits (demons) until they called for God to save them, and bring them back to life from for another chance.

a reply to: Akragon

Yea, simple. Not easy. Being loving is sometimes difficult, especially around quickly-angered or manipulative people.
edit on 20-5-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

Maybe, It probably wasn't the right time for God to reveal himself, but God still loves you which is why he held you in Peace while in darkness.

Some people who lived hateful lives causing pain and suffer for others were tormented in the darkness/void by likeminded spirits (demons) until they called for God to save them, and bring them back to life from for another chance.

I am pretty comfortable with the idea of sleeping forever.
I will honestly probably trip out if it turns out that I still have a conscious experience after I am dead.
There is only one way to know. We will all find out.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I've flat-lined several times before. As some other members already posted, nothing but a loss of time. Just black.

I wonder why everyone in the world claims different experiences? You know, how when a Muslim individual nearly dies they see Muhammad. And when a Hindi individual dies they see Krishna. And when the Westboro Baptist Church followers nearly die they see a gay pride parade.

Why isn't there any consistency to this? You would expect it if "God" really had a plan or hand in it all. Yet all the experiences match up to the individuals beliefs, experiences, or simply a matter of brain activity.

I'm sorry, but you have faith for a reason. That reason is because there is absolutely no proof what so ever. Your argument is not sound.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I believe the idea that energy can not be created or destroyed gives more then ample proof...

We just have no proof of what happens next

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

How does our current understanding of energy being incapable of being created or destroyed prove god?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

I don't think you Spirit depends on you body to exist...

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

It doesn't...

But it shows life exists after the body expires...

Something we as a species have known for... ever

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

And when the Westboro Baptist Church followers nearly die they see a gay pride parade.

That's why they probably never die! The sight of a gay parade shocks them back to life! They probably abolish their faith after that and become atheists.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

It doesn't...

But it shows life exists after the body expires...

Something we as a species have known for... ever

It shows energy exists after life expires, not life exists after the body expires. Although, that energy was there to begin with anyways.

Could you provide us with a description of what you consider "life" is?
edit on 20/5/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I kind of see the nervous system as a type of receiver.
I do have a sense that there is a greater consciousness from which all Mind springs, we can call it "God."
I do lean towards the idea that once the receiver, our brain, is dead, the power cuts off and everything goes quiet to the personal ego.
Don't worry, there will be more to take your place.
Hopes of Heaven and fears of Hell strike me as somewhat primitive.
I try to live as if this brief span of awareness I have been blessed with is all there is.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Energy

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I've read many Near Death Experiences, so I'll try to answer these questions based on research.

originally posted by: Ghost147
I've flat-lined several times before. As some other members already posted, nothing but a loss of time. Just black.

Many have the sensation of a loss of time, even the more religious NDEs, they say time stoped and it was just "Eternity". Many atheists see blackness/void when dying in order to respect their beliefs and not make them fearful about dying.

I wonder why everyone in the world claims different experiences? You know, how when a Muslim individual nearly dies they see Muhammad. And when a Hindi individual dies they see Krishna.

So they won't be scared, so those beings show up to help them to the other side. Sometimes, it's not even Jesus or a prophet/angel but just a family member. They are usually given reasons why they should return and are shown things which turns out to be true later on in life.

when the Westboro Baptist Church followers nearly die they see a gay pride parade.

lol

Why isn't there any consistency to this? You would expect it if "God" really had a plan or hand in it all. Yet all the experiences match up to the individuals beliefs, experiences, or simply a matter of brain activity.

Sometimes, it doesn't match to individual's beliefs, if they can handle it. Some fundamentalist Christians were surprised to learn from Jesus about reincarnation. Others, were just not ready to hear that, so Jesus didn't mention it. The consistency is the peace and timelessness of the experience regardless of which angel, family member, or prophet shows up.

I'm sorry, but you have faith for a reason. That reason is because there is absolutely no proof what so ever. Your argument is not sound.

Faith is for being compasssionate even when others around you give up and become indifferent, not for denying logic.

There are more similarities than differences.

If there is a party, and one person knocks on the door and their best friend opens it, and another person shows up and that person's best friend decides to open the door, that doesn't mean it's illogical. It just means the ones closest to you wanted to welcome you.

In the case of agnostics/atheists, they see void/blackness first if they can't handle it in order to help them through their death with less fear.

edit on 20-5-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I've had both a NDE and have flat-lined myself. My NDE was caused from falling off a 30ft cliff which resulted, somehow, with just a severe concussion (and cuts, bumps, and bruises of course). I flat-lined because of a combination of things, but mainly internal gangrene.

My NDE, I can no longer remember, but I wrote it down after I got discharged and got back to my dorm. I wrote that during that entire experience, I never felt any pain, even after. Every time I became conscious, I always asked the exact same questions in the exact same order. How everyone always already knew what I was going to ask. How a police officer was there asking me what month it was, which I kept getting wrong every time.

When I flat-lined, it was just pure nothingness. As if I had just went to bed, then woke up the next day. No dreams, no out of body experience, just nothing.

For record, I've never been religious, but I do respect those who have faith in whatever religion they follow.

Just my 2 cents..

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Sure..

Or they are simply hallucinating. Just consider for a moment that a NDE is a high stress situation for the brain. Thus they'll see at this moment whatever their brain will come up with.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join