It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYSE now has a Bitcoin Index

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The NYSE Bitcoin Index (NYXBT)

New York Stock Exchange Gives Bitcoin Some Mainstream Love

This is an interesting development with Bitcoin and the blockchain. Last week there was news that NASDAQ was going to start using the Bitcoin blockchain to keep track of transactions. American Banker Story on NASDAQ and Bitcoin

This sounds like good news for the Bitcoin, especially after so many we so sure that Bitcoin would fail. Bitcoin has just become mainstream.
edit on 20-5-2015 by jrod because: editt

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: jrodyep,
good eye there....flagg....I can give us an harmonic Elliott wave analysis...he he
been seeing it on my broker for three months....

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Ooh, its looking sexy too, at $233. I gotta check out that Dapp development for the blockchain. If its an expressive enough framework to do some things I've imagined, bitcoin could be in for long term growth. At this point its all about the platform development for the things to make it really useful.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Business insider says this is just the beginning for the NYSE's bitcoin program.

www.businessinsider.com...

This is just the first of many bitcoin-based indexes that the NYSE plans to launch, according to a spokesperson. Details about further indexes have yet to be released.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

So far the Bitcoin is down a few dollars, hopefully that is a short term trend and the Bitcoin going mainstream on the NYSE will add to the value. Since it is no secret that many big banks and perhaps the FED do not like Bitcoins there is a little concern that this move was a strategic one with the goal of devaluing Bitcoin.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Dell has starting accepting them as payment.....I find it rather peculiar to be honest.

I mined about 4 of them roughly 5 years ago......wish I had kept them now.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

US stock market representation of bit coin can also be used to DESTROY bitcoin.

Shame not many understand that, far cats do.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Aboveway

That is what I fear.

Only time will tell. If they are trying to destroy the Bitcoin's value, I can only hope the fail, the more miserable the better.

top topics

join