It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telemarketer just trolled me for no reason, whats going on here?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

I've talked to them in 30-100 calls a week at my former job. Caller ID show no traceable number...I think it was something like 200000000000000. They are always Indian. They have told me my blood is cursed, my mother is a whore, you are....etc etc...nasty things.

They'd ask for an employee, Id refuse to give or admit anything and hang up. But, I turned the tables on them.

I downloaded sound fx off the net to my cell phone keeping it next to my desk phone for their next call: dogs howling, Pee Wee Herman, car crashes, sirens, TV show laughs...all kinds of crazy stuff...including some screaming fire and brimstone preachers.... and even.... "Well, I'm Chris Hansen and we're doing a show on online predators".

I'd skip around when they'd tie up 4 lines on hold...I hang up, and start over. After a month of them cursing and cussing me out, telling me my blood is black and I will die tonight...they finally quit.

It was a 911 ER line so I had to take evey call....crazy and couldn't determine whatever they wanted.

By the way? Look up the short phone bit "Your daughter kicked my dog!"....I used that one on him a lot...funny as hell!
It was irritating at 1st, but I got the last laugh on "Ba-Boo"!!!

edit on 19-5-2015 by mysterioustranger because: darn phone!

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Turning serious now this is becoming a major issue.See , when we outsource a callcenter overseas they are able to "spoof" regular US numbers. This looks as if the call is coming from this country.They get paid by the calls they make. It does not matter if they do make a sell or not.And there is nothing a person here can do about it , because it is international. So anything they say cannot go back on them , unless the company that outsourced monitors the calls.But because it is very much cheaper than a US based callcenter , the company doesnt mind it either.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
PPS. I also used a bunch of "Please hold. Your call will be answered in the order it was received. Your call is # 82" and then put them on hold. They'd immediately call the next line where Id play another recording of "Press 1 for information, press 2 to speak to an operator" etc etc etc....

I'd have all 4 lines tied up on hold, then clear them for 911, and they'd start over...and so would I.

Have NO IDEA what it was all about....!
edit on 19-5-2015 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Much of the cold calling is about just making the call period, sometime they just hang up as soon as you answer. it's the equivalent of junk mail that nobody wants, they get paid.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I have received tons of calls from people from India, even though they claim to be in America. When they start their crap about something being wrong with computer I tell them that People all over the U.S. know they are scamming people and ask why they would do that to people. They try to convince you it isn't a scam. I tell them that what they are doing is against the law and they get me so angry I swear at them and ask them never to call me again. Every week and sometimes two or three times a week. It was driving me crazy. I haven't had a call in some time now.

Oh there was one guy who called and I was swearing and that pissed him off royally, he ended up calling me back and asking why I swore at him like that. LOL! I told him I was being bombarded by these calls constantly and keep asking them not to call me and that I'm not stupid and know it's a scam. I was in a rage at this point and swore some more and shouted and said to never call again!!!!!!! He told me he would find me and kill me! I laughed and said, "Good luck with that. Do you want go to jail? Go for it!" LOL
Maybe they finally got the message that I know they are they scammers, I don't know, but it was maddening!

On you tube, they have videos of how these scammers work. There was a tech guy who led them on to see what would happen. They take control of your computer. They ask for money in the end.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

You could get sound clips from The Exorcist and play them back. Nothing like a demon voice cursing you over the phone. Or, get your hands on a copy of Island of Lost souls. Why? The sound man for the movie created a language for the creatures in the movie by using animal sounds and foreign languages played backward and at various speeds. Many theater goers vomited because the sound made them nauseous.

ETA: It's too bad that the brown noise is a myth. Or else you could play that over the phone at them.

edit on 19-5-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I to have been in a shouting, insulting, confrontation on the phone lately; I couldn't identify the accent, and when I hung up....the guy called back and continued with the insulting sexual talk....I told him I'd heard all that stuff before and if he wanted to insult me...he needs to be much more creative.
edit on 19-5-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
This is why I love caller ID. If I don't recognize the caller name and/or number, I just don't answer. The telemarketers rarely leave messages, they just hang up when it goes to voicemail. Works for me.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Is your refrigerator running?

Caller ID folks. It's a necessity in todays world. If it shows "unavailable", or an 800 number or any other unrecognizable garbage it's solicitation. When my voice message plays they hang up.

Plus, they are now legally only permitted to let the phone ring four times.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

You know what is also bad is Charter. I signed up for their internet service, but didn't want their cable and phone (land-line for $40+ dollars a month? Really?) services. However, they call me about four times a month asking me if I would like to upgrade my package. It is really inconvenient and takes about ten minutes to get through their speeches.

It doesn't sound as bad as these Indian guys, though.
edit on 20amWed, 20 May 2015 08:13:16 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I have also gotten the computer people. They directed me to some inner processes that recorded some kind of error messages and kept saying 'OMG, how are we going to fix these'. He offered a protection program. I played along until payment time came and told him I didn't have a credit card.
No sale.

More recently I've been getting calls from 'Department of Legal Affairs' threatening legal action. These ones are very rude.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
i had these (or similar) call my land line too - and i'm in the UK btw.

They last a couple of seconds before receiving the "no way, not ever thanks, bye".

Now i rarely answer my land line and often just let the machine do it... after my first refusals i got several silent calls when i bothered to pick up my LL.

I guess that they are bothering someone else now.

Trolling professional trolls is only going to waste your own time, generally - i find it best not to be rude to them but to allow them to move on to a worthwhile mark quickly.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I used to just hang up or not answer the call at all because I have caller ID. Sometimes the calls are recordings and if you listen to it until the end, there will be an option to be put on their do not call list. So now I answer all calls, take the do not call option on recordings and ask a live person when they call to place me on the list. I still get calls but not as many as before.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I'm also screening all my husbands calls because he is the type that will do surveys. I imagine these folks share numbers with other companies and then they hound you. Also when someone is looking for a donation he will say I can't right now, which leaves him open to future calls. If someone is selling something he says he isn't interested right now, again leaving him open to future calls.

When people are looking for donations I tell them right out that we are both disabled and on a limited income. If someone is selling something I ask them kindly to be put on the do not call list. If it is a survey, I ask them if they have a do not call list and to please put us on it.

I have chronic pain and don't appreciate jumping up to answer the damned phone all day. They waste my time as well as their own. And if it's a scammer...look out! LOL

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Get them every friday at 12 noon.
It has become a household game now who can troll them the longest.
Oh and they sure get angry threatening to do all sorts to my sister (which I don't have) been happening for over a year now...determined buggers though.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Get them every friday at 12 noon.
It has become a household game now who can troll them the longest.
Oh and they sure get angry threatening to do all sorts to my sister (which I don't have) been happening for over a year now...determined buggers though.

It's maddening! If they have a do not call list, get on it! Don't allow them to continually harass you. I know there are some calls we can't do anything about though and that is infuriating. We get calls all hours of the day and night. They drive me crazy and I'm amazed at how calm and kind I have been lately. I'm gonna blow up again though, I can see it coming. LOL

top topics

<< 1   >>

join