It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acupuncture 'works for arthritis'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Acupuncture has been around for centuries , there has always been questions on its ability to help with many different ailments.Many people swear by it. Now in a recent study they have found some benefits on use in treating arthritis!

A major study of the effect of acupuncture on osteoarthritis of the knee has found it can both relieve pain and improve movement.
The US National Institutes of Health study concludes acupuncture is an effective complement to standard care.

news.bbc.co.uk...

If it works for this, I am sure that it also works on many other different health problems. Doctors and researchers should let go of the mistrust of this treatment and do many more studies in this area!

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I have Rheumatoid Arthritis

Doesn't so squat for me. Wish it was that easy.

Just my 2 cents...........

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I have fibromyalgia and although I was trying acupuncture for a different condition -- I mentioned how I was feeling one time when I was in a flare - she treated a few different spots and I have to admit that although I didn't believe it would help - within a half hour I was feeling much better.

I was also able to get more relief for menopausal symptoms than I was getting from my gyn.

But I also have a voice problem that despite her best efforts she could do nothing about --

So - basically I feel it is worth trying and giving it a few week to see if it will help a condition.

jm

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
my gramps has it and he showed me a new machine it scans the body for where the needles are meant to go in in the form of beeps then put like a little electric throught the troubled areas he tried it on me all you feel is a tingling my hand felt lighter afterward
so maybe there is somthing to this acupunture

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemonhead
I have Rheumatoid Arthritis

Same here.

I have tried everything and nothing so far works. The shots I got the other day were supposed to last a couple months have done little for my left side and this morning my right side is swollen and painful. Its been four days.

Saying something helps Arthritis is in a way misleading because there are so many different types, something that works for one type might make another worse.

My advice for anyone in the first stages is not to put off treatment till its too late. There is no "cure" but as with almost everything else the earlier it is caught the easier it is to treat.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   
How about TENS devices? I'm going to post a thread on this subject. I wanna chat about it. But you can start here...

(I am not affiliated with this site... its just the only one I could find with a good mix of data and units on it)

www.masters.com.au...

new topics

top topics

join