It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Florida college sued over forced vaginal exams

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:30 AM

originally posted by: ketsuko
There is value I think in both practicing the procedures and in having them done on yourself so you know what you're about to inflict on someone else, within reason, and yes, I think men should have the prostate one done and do it to each other.

This ties in with what I said on another thread about everything coming back to sex. This is where that becomes a problem for society. This is a setting where sex should not ever be. Prostate exams, transvaginal probes, and yearly paps are NOT sexual procedures, and yet when we see them protested, that's how they are described -- unwanted sexual contact.

I do fail to see where the sexual stimulation comes in. That would be right out as far as I would be concerned. If someone is saying you need it, then I would be asking where the school's KY budget went. Every exam I've ever had has used a ton of lube for those things, not sexual stimulation.

I actually had to laugh out loud.

Can we find information on whether or not the men in those classes are given the prostate exams?

Here is a forum for medical students

One poster says this...

Hello, I attend an American allopathic (MD) program in the continental United States. We had a lecture and demonstration today on how to do a proper male rectal/prostate exam. I was surprised to learn, however, that not a single physician was involved in the lecture. Additionally, our class has been broken up in 3 seperate groups to practice performing the exam on standardized patients, but no physician is scheduled to be present to give us feedback or anything.

So that class practices on patients and not students.

Male students even get a robotic one to practice on

Essay on genital exams

Soooo, the male students not only get to practice on patients (not students) and get a robot also to practice on...that doesn't seem quite fair.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 09:02 AM
a reply to: WarminIndy

This is a exam room that they do this kind of teaching....I have no ideal what the Doctors do in their classroom...but I am sure that most people would be surprize at things they expect you to do.

new topics
<< 1  2   >>