It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Spotted At PGA Tournament

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Golf isn't just for human's anymore? UFO's now interested in PGA golf tournaments?

I did a search for this story and didn't see it posted, so Mods, please feel free to take it down if this is a duplicate.

It was during the Players Championship part of the PGA tour, held at TPC Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, on May 9. A viewer was watching the tournament on TV and "noticed a weird object in the sky," according to the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON).

"When you see the pictures, people may think 'oh, that's a blimp,' but after seeing the blimp in other clips, I can easily conclude it's not the blimp," the viewer reported.

"I also looked for other aircrafts flying by and nothing seemed plausible. The object did have a reflective surface. In the picture, you'll see a golf ball, a bird, and the flash reflection, while the other object is the unknown craft. You can also notice the object appears to be at a very high altitude for any aircrafts being used for the tournament. I rewind and slow motion, fast forward dozens of times. Very strange."
According to the MUFON database, this incident took place at 1:45 p.m., and was submitted on May 12.

My question: did they pay for the event?

SOURCE
edit on 1432069062Tuesday31Tue, 19 May 2015 15:57:42 -0500pmTuesday5730331 by Ultralight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

That was actually Tiger's 7 iron flying through the air after he shanked the ball!

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Probably a drone. theres alot of bad people on golf courses ya know.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Kinda thinking drone camera, but no clue...not clear enough to really make anything out as he is filming it from his TV and it does not appear to be a very high definition TV at that.....

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Blurd, for sure.

And Phage will bring his notorious picture of a very similar claim, that was proved to be a Blurd.

The Huff Post, you gotta love em.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
There's not enough video. I need to see all the footage before I make a judgment. Because right now I am also leaning towards drone.

But you get S&F because at least this footage is intriguing.
edit on 19-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well, yeah, it was just David and his wacky creatures.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
My first thought is a blurd gliding through the air as the camera pans.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Blurd, for sure.

And Phage will bring his notorious picture of a very similar claim, that was proved to be a Blurd.

The Huff Post, you gotta love em.

Often, they are blurds.
Maybe this time it is a golf blall.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

The first thing that flashed through my mind about the object. Was how much it resembled a soft shell snapping turtle. Then my brain clicked that native Americans often described UFOs as turtles.

Now was that Epiphany or just restless brain syndrome?

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Often, they are blurds.
Maybe this time it is a golf blall.

Nope. Just a blurd. You can even see it flapping its wings.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

This should help you identify the UFO.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: jtrenthacker

The first thing that flashed through my mind about the object. Was how much it resembled a soft shell snapping turtle. Then my brain clicked that native Americans often described UFOs as turtles.

Now was that Epiphany or just restless brain syndrome?

Or the men who crawled out of a clam.

Vancouver area Native American creation myth.
Where man appeared upon the surface of the planet from within a giant clam.
edit on pm50000003115Tue, 19 May 2015 15:44:33 -0500 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Yup. This was Phage bait!

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Anyone ask if the TV were also using drones, or even blurdys? it definitely has a blur though.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Wouldn't it have a blur to it though from inertia or something scientific?

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Wouldn't it have a blur to it though from inertia or something scientific?

Well, that's the thing. The TV camera is focused, (as in concentrating) on the ball, and the object is not following the same trajectory entirely and is panned out, so the blur need not necessarily be due to the speed of the object entirely, but also of the camera panning away. That could just mean a drone that is also viewing the ball, or the general scene, or a bird or something else. TV is making extensive use of drones though, and they are relatively quiet. Downside to that is you daren't fart on a golf course in tournament, until after the shot.

I should add, It looks like a second bird to me though.
edit on 19-5-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

More than off golf courses, do you suppose?

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Well, beings I never faht, I have no worries. I also never go to golf tournaments.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Very much could be a drone. Link below has video
Golf Channel NBC uses drone at PGA Tour Event

While this one is used for B footage before the round no reason why they wouldn't have one out during play.

edit on 19-5-2015 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-5-2015 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join