It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Executioners. What's behind Saudi Arabia job posting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Saudi Arabia is looking for a few good executioners.

That's according to a job posting on a Saudi government site that got a flood of international attention.

On Monday, the kingdom's Ministry of Civil Service advertised eight positions for executioners, for “carrying out the death sentence according to Islamic Shariah after it is ordered by a legal ruling.”

No specific background or education is required, simply, The New York Times suggests, "a strong constitution."

Besides raising eyebrows, however, the unusual job posting signals what some are callin

Wanted: Executioners. What's behind Saudi Arabia job posting

Well, at first did not know what to think... first was under impression it might be joke, but then I checked source NY Times and it seems that posting is real.

Here is NY Times article: www.nytimes.com...

So, what do you think? Don't forget, this is country we (by we, I mean USA) support.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

If I got hired the first thing I would do is line up all the executioners and tickle them to death with a goose feather!

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
America supports countries that benefits it's own interests Saudi Arabia is just.as backwards as any other Islamic Shariah law country out there. I thought the no background or education for the job was a nice touch. The less educated the better id imagine.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Thread Closed

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree
The CIA always needs help "extracting information" bring your feather

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
spreading the peace, one piece at a time...

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin

Thread Closed

Not sure of all rules, but from what I remember, unless it changes, you can have 2 posts, one in breaking news and another in more selective forum that would create 2 separate discussions. (int his case I really don't care about religious aspect, as SA is not religion, but country)

Interesting, I did search and did not find anything on this news.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog
No specific background or education is required, simply, The New York Times suggests, "a strong constitution."

Besides raising eyebrows, however, the unusual job posting signals what some are callin

Well, at first did not know what to think... first was under impression it might be joke, but then I checked source NY Times and it seems that posting is real.

Here is NY Times article: www.nytimes.com...

So, what do you think? Don't forget, this is country we (by we, I mean USA) support.

The US pays for executioners too. What do you think the people who carry out the death penalty are?
edit on 19-5-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Thank you. I was going to point that out.

Why not take issue with why people are being executed than with the fact that they are being executed?

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Touche'

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
These guys don't even have to pay for recruitment, the MSM is doing all of the work for them. The only question I have is, how much does it pay?

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: warpig69
These guys don't even have to pay for recruitment, the MSM is doing all of the work for them. The only question I have is, how much does it pay?

Just imagine what response would be if US government post the same ad.

Following NY Times article covers some issues with current SA policies...

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Meanwhile:

Utah firing squad executes death row inmate

Only in ignorantamerica.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

believe it or not, tickling was a method of execution.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

He asked for it.

In April, Gardner chose to die by the gun, telling a judge: "I would like the firing squad, please."

*shrug*

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Do you think they post the jobs on craigslist arabia? Think of all the interesting job opportunities in Saudi Arabia lol.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

Thank you for pointing it out, we are not that different after all...

IMHO death penalties should be abolished world-wide.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Just ignore it. We have mods for a reason and he is not one.

I think this shows alot about the Saudi government. Comparing it to the US though, we have executioners as well. Most of them CO's working at the prison althought their identity is supoosed to be unknown. Still strange regardless.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
i wonder what would happen if a us or UK citizen tried to take them up on the job offer? i mean besides being put on a list somewhere. Like would you be allowed back in to usa or UK or would that kind of be the thing that would get you denied re-entry i mean it IS legal there. would be one of the more interesting things to see on a resume as a potental employer though

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

they are honored allies withe the us. you could at least go back there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join