It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Men Be Able to Give Birth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The reason I ask this is because of the recent events with male fish in various places developing eggs in their sex organs, apparently due to pollution in the water supply.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.cnn.com...

SHARPSBURG, Maryland (AP) -- Male fish that are growing eggs have been found in the Potomac River near Sharpsburg, a sign that a little-understood type of pollution is spreading downstream from West Virginia, a federal scientist says.

The so-called intersex abnormality may be caused by pollutants from sewage plants, feedlots and factories that can interfere with animals' hormone systems, The Washington Post reported Sunday.........

......Many scientists are concerned that people, as well as other animals, might be affected. "It's not good news that there's something that feminizes male fish in your water," said Gina Solomon, a senior scientist at the Natural Resources Defense Council.

But the Environmental Protection Agency has not set standards for many of these pollutants. Because

Also a little note on endocrine receptors from the EPA.
www.epa.gov...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is not the only place that this has occured. Is it possible that the same effect could happen to humans in the long run if exposed to the correct types of pollutants or chemicals? Would men ever be able to develop the organs necessary for birth, or is it more likely that women would genetically modify to produce their own and the need for men would no longer be a necessity? Or is that just what some women would love to hear?

[edit on 12/22/2004 by infinite8]

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
IF this thread comes to pass:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The answer is most likely YES!!

Sometime, in the not TOO distant future, it may be possible..
Probably determined by what we learn about fetal development, and the order that things need to occur..

It'd probably also have to wait for the development of an artifical womb. I doubt that underdeveloped sex organs, due to pollutants, could fulfill that task.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Yes, I saw that thread, actually posted in there earlier.

I posted a recent thread on ATS after some research I did on the effects of growth hormones and oestrogens on the increased rates of puberty in todays youth. It is amazing the effects on young children of both sexes.

I would not be suprised to hear in a few years of women that were unknowingly subjected to chemicals and pollutants effecting their children while still in the womb, only to find abnormalities such as this occuring. As teh child develops into its later years these things may become more apparent as the human lifecycle is much longer than that of a fish. In addition our bodies can handle more than that of a fish.

As far as creating artificial wombs to grow children in, we already have a couple of things like this. All you need is the right temperature, solution, feeding source, etc to grow a child. They have not perfected it yet, but are making advances.

What you mention is often referred to as Ectogenesis and is actually widely talked about. Combine that with cloning, and who needs men. Here is an article posting back to 2003 on recent advancements at the time. I'm sure they are much further along at this point.

www.kuro5hin.org...

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Sorry, dont mean to troll or anything, but can you imagine a man cant as much as take a little acid indigestion without whinning and driving others crazy...i could just imagine the typical male impregnated

I would rather give birth 50 times than have my husband do it once.

Such things are best left for the strong female species

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I will have to admit to you that I wold never want to go through with that. In addition the act of making the child in the first place is far to enjoyable to miss out on.

On the other note, think of the men that might consider it, but even more so, think of the people, whether men or women that started having these "Virgin Births". Where no other human was needed for the impregnation because of these strange things occuring in our bodies.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Men having babies, I say it's about time !

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
So Dollmonster, I guess you are volunteering your man first (you are a female right?)

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Common people...fish are WAYYYY diffrent than humans..

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
As I read a qeustion came to mind: Why reproduce in the way we do now, I dont mean reproduction through test tubes, but mix the genetic material of two people together in a cloner to create a new person, I mean we do have the tech. to do so.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Iori, I would believe that someone on this planet has the ability to genetically mix humans, but I don't think they have a good enough understanding of our DNA to pick and choose at this time, who gets blue eyes, brown hair, and a healthy body. I know they are doing research into these things, but it hasn't been perfected to my knowledge. Human cloning has only been claimed by a couple of groups out there, and they won't even share with us who those people are. I think they want to wait to see how successful these clones are over time (Clonaid for example).

As far as the comment that fish are so different than humans, I won't deny that, but that does not mean that effects caused on fish could not happen to humans. I did a research paper here on ATS regarding the effects of oestrogens and growth hormones on our bodies. These are chemicals we are exposed to everyday and they are modifying our bodies and how they mature. Don't believe that it is impossible for something else in our water or food to do something very bizarre. Especially in developing fetuses.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Will Men Be Able to Give Birth?

Wow, I really hope so, because I am never getting pregnant. I have a phobia against it or something.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I have said many times that if were to depend on men to get pregnant and populate the earth then mankind as we now it would be gone.

Besides the fact that men couldn't stand that kind of pain, I just don't see any maternal "instincts" in the male of the species. They just might be able to get through the delivery, but then who would raise the kids.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Hey now, as a male I can tell each of you i've been thru labor and delivery with all three of my children. Not to mention the pregnancies themselves.

I've experianced the hollering, screaming, pain and begging for drugs, and that was just me. You wouldn't believe what my poor wife went thru even if I told you.

I sweated over a hot body for hours to get those kids into this world and I won't be denied the moment of their birth. I am a man and I have given birth to children. I knocked her up, I went to the store in the middle of the night to buy avacados (which I can't even spell) and I rubbed her back during labor and went thru every agonizing moment.

Real men do give birth, for the arrival of their own child is as sacred to them as it is to the woman bringing that child into the world.

Even as I write this my son is snoring on the couch not a few feet from me. In a few short months he will be sent to Iraq. His mother is as terrified as I am. Together we brought him into this world and now he must face war. We did not want this for our child but it was his choice.

Don't tell me men don't give birth. I have been there for my children. I have kissed their boo boo's away and held them in my arms when their hearts were broken. I've prayed for them when they dreamed of winning the local soccer match and when they went off to war.

Men do give birth, they do.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Wupy, you sound like a very careing father and husband.
I wish you and your family happiness and that your son
whose going to Iraq is sent back home to you safe and sound.

Best regards,
Elaine

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Mr.Wupy, you do sound like a good hearted man and father. I'm sure all of your support and restless nights don't go unacknowledged, but.....you still didn't have that baby inside of you for all of those months nor did you try to push a football out of your body at the end of it.
Nonetheless, we do need more fathers like you in the world.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
A kidney stone the size of a grain of sand passing through a mans urethra is enough to cause excruciating pain, and you want a baby to shoot out of there???

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Wupy, you might be the exception to the rule

You sound Man enough to handle the birth of my children

God bless you.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
1. Take one ovum and one spermatozoon, make them friendly enough to merge and form a zygote.

2. Spice it up a little with the bag of eleven secret DNA ingredients.

3. Nourish the developing foetus with nutriments, Mozart and knowledge.

4. Incubate for the prescribed gestation period till the buzzer goes off.

5. Slap the occupant of the incubation chamber around like a newborn, just like the good old days, till respiration begins.

No man, woman or uterus required.

Oh brave new world, that has such people in it, etc etc .

[edit on 26-12-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Umm... I don't think so... and OUCH.... yikes.

top topics

join