It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Computer Scientists prove that Music diversity isn't dead

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
This statement, "sounds and styles of the Reagan era", seems to me to be indicating a possible agenda bias in their team.

That bias is from the ones that wrote the article, not the ones behind the study.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Robert Fripp was Deep Purple right?

No, King Crimson, yeah Fripp.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

OK, then disregard. I didn't read the article, but you are probably right.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Look, by no means am I suggesting that the 80's had completely bad music. It was just the blandest decade. There is PLENTY of great 80's bands out there. One of my favs is the Talking Heads.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I just really want music creation to cycle back to being created with actual INSTRUMENTS instead of with a computer.

But what are instruments other than a simpler machine? I get what you're saying though as we get 1000 variations of a theme using cut and paste through musical software.

With me I use electronic keyboards, but even my 1970s Farfisa organ is still a rudimentary synthesizer. Whats a real instrument? Acoustic guitar or gamelan? Even an acoustic piano evolved from the harp.

I guess this is a good point. I just really like it if you are playing notes and not just programming sounds into a computer is what I meant. Like I can take some music editing software, snip out a bunch of small bits from various songs, splice them together, and make a new track. Then add some electronic effects to it and a drum beat.

Though I DO enjoy listening to acoustic instruments play.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join