It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ramadi and future Iraqi counter attack against ISIS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
So ISIS captured ramadi and everyone knows that . "ferghat al-zahbiya" or the "golden brigade" from Iraqi Special Forces successfully holded the city all by themselves long enough for some civilians to get out .

here :

www.daesh.ir...

faradeed.ir...

faradeed.ir...

faradeed.ir...

Now they are regrouping outside the city . they are outstretched as they have been in action for so long . the normal forces of Iraqi army unfortunately are not very potent . they lack morale and training , thus these special groups have been over the past years used effectively to fill the big gap . al-farghat al-zaybia is trained by Iran in Iran and US in jordan .

Iranian training officer helping ISOF fight off ISIS forces during ISIS siege on turkmen/shia city :

hw8.asset.aparat.com...

hw8.asset.aparat.com...

US forces teaching the same group :

cmsimg.militarytimes.com... ns-train-Iraqis-Jordan

anyway , lets get back on topic .

i told some members in a previous thread about WTH is going on in Al-anbar province . as a reminder :

some sunni tribes in al-anbar requested the government of Iraq to prevent PMF (popular mobilization forces) - which is currently the most effective and powerful force fighting ISIS and is mostly consisted of shia muslims plus several thousand sunnis - from entering al-anbar .

in response , PMF said that they won't even get close to that province . the tribes thought they could fend off an ISIS invasion all by themselves . they wanted to carry out a sectarian and political agenda : to show everyone that sunnis can defend themselves from invasion and they don't need shias to protect them . now that ramadi is captured , the same sunni tribes are BEGGING PMF to get involved .

unfortunately , no response yet from PMF . i hope these political BS is ended and they act immediately .

so thats why this - not so much stun - has been carried out . sunni tribes didn't do crap regarding the invasion and the only involving party was ISOF and special the golden brigades .

if you want to know who PMF is , you gotta know that they were the ones who liberated Tikrit and are well capable of clearing out every inch of Iraqi mainland .

opposite to what most of you might think , ISIS in Iraq is not in anyway near as powerful as ISIS in syria .

golden brigades is just outside ramadi regrouping , if PMF joins them , like it did in tikrit , ramadi can be captured in a blink of an eye .

prior to this , Imam ali brigades announced the formation of their special forces :

now take a look at the live situation in Al-anbar province :

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
resistance to isis is just strong enough to make this story long and boring...i think that's the strategy.

someones government is protecting isis and the moment they can no longer protect them...that's a wrap!

its going to be an absolute, total and unambiguous massacre; and the end of Militant Islam.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: haman10

The problem isnt training the US spent 26 billion training and equipping Iraqi security forces,my country has 300 personnel special forces and others currently in Iraq training Iraqis the problem is that unlike the Iranian backed militias they have no stomach to fight for a puppet regime.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

The problem isnt training the US spent 26 billion training and equipping Iraqi security forces,my country has 300 personnel special forces and others currently in Iraq training Iraqis the problem is that unlike the Iranian backed militias they have no stomach to fight for a puppet regime.

I agree, their hearts aren't in it.

That is why they just broke and ran.

They don't have want to be there.

Does the iragi military compell service, or are they volunteers like the US military?

This is known to make a huge difference.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

puppet regimes are a real problem...i find it odd that in a country of millions that Iraq hasn't produced a single leader, or a leader that doesn't want to conquer Earth for allah, that is capable of leading all of the nations forces against all enemies.

makes you think that 'Iraq' is just an empty concept and that no such thing exists in reality.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Looks like the "Irookie" army is still living up to their name.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
its unbelievable....is their not a single Iraqi prepared to earn himself a Name that Endures Time and Seat at the Table during the Battle for Ramadi?

or are they gonna run away again?

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

i suppose the United States will have to accept that Iraq is not a real Nation and their State is doomed...hope they enjoy eating the crumbs that fall from table of their Human masters.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The US took Ramadi once and now it's Iraq's and Iran's turn. Go for it! It is your country...fight for it. We already have enough blood and money spent for your sand box. Quit killing each other and rebuild your country. There isn't enough backbone in either country to do the right thing for each other.

Iran is the biggest supporter of terrorism in that area. You support Hamas and Hezbola ... stop it! Make your country great by investing the money spent on terrorism on your people. Most of the Iranians that I have met are good people!

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Tasks like Ramadi seem thankless and guaranteed to go bad in the short, mid and long term.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

I agree, their hearts aren't in it.

That is why they just broke and ran.

They don't have want to be there.

Does the iragi military compell service, or are they volunteers like the US military?

This is known to make a huge difference.

Mate , Iraqi forces are maybe worried about their kids that are sleeping hungry at nights .

we should learn not to judge people . US pays those "volunteers" like crazy . ME countries cannot do that

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: michaelbrux
someones government is protecting isis ...

I agree. Look at the pictures of ISIS lined up in a miles long parade with their black flags, marching through the desert into Ramadi. EASY TARGET. A few of our fighters could have strafed them and killed 'em all before they paraded into town. They were lined up nice and easy. But no. They had their pretty parade just fine ...

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6
The US took Ramadi once and now it's Iraq's and Iran's turn. Go for it! It is your country...fight for it.

Agreed. The people over there have to fight for it and invest their own blood in it. Just like our people had to fight for freedom from England and invest our own blood into our own country.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

It sounds like the Sunni tribes devastatingly underestimated the ability of ISIS in their region.....similar to how all news reports were casting a similar light on ISIS. Just a couple months ago everyone was saying they were nobody's and couldn't do the things they are now proving they can.

Hindsight is always 20/20 and unfortunately these Sunni tribes are now paying for their poor decision. While I am sure forces will eventually enter and take it back, unfortunately the poor decision made by the Sunni tribes cost valuable time and positioning for the PMF at this point. Defending an area and having the upper hand of being there PRIOR to the attack is much more advantageous than what they are being asked to do now. I am sure they are planning, but the plan just got that much more difficult because of a poor decision by the people of the area.

While I feel really sad for them, the old saying "you made your bed, now lay in it" comes to mind. I don't think the PMF will leave them out to dry, but I am sure they will require a lot more planning to go in now than they would have required prior to, when they initially were in talks and told not to go in.

Sad that politics and ego's get in the way and innocent people are going to die because of it....even more sad that there are large groups of people in the world that can cause this much irreparable damage.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

The South Vietnamese wouldn't fight for their country when the US pulled out either. It's easy to let the US fight and bleed while sitting on your hands complaining about the infidels. The US handed it you and you blew it. Now, you want more US blood. It's time to work for a greater outcome. Don't say how great you are because talk is cheap. Go do something other than killing each other.
edit on 20-5-2015 by buddah6 because: lobotomized through superior pain meds.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

The South Vietnamese wouldn't fight for their country when the US pulled out either. It's easy to let the US fight and bleed while sitting on your hands complaining about the infidels. The US handed it you and you blew it. Now, you want more US blood. It's time to work for a greater outcome. Don't say how great you are because talk is cheap. Go do something other than killing each other.
glad to see that you've got some insight about the situation

Yeah that's exactly right.

Bloated ego is what caused this ness

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: michaelbrux
someones government is protecting isis ...

I agree. Look at the pictures of ISIS lined up in a miles long parade with their black flags, marching through the desert into Ramadi. EASY TARGET. A few of our fighters could have strafed them and killed 'em all before they paraded into town. They were lined up nice and easy. But no. They had their pretty parade just fine ...

I agree this is what we can do if we are serious

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: haman10

Here we go with the "Great Satan and Little Satan" stuff again. Why don't you throw a few "death to America" phrases in as well. By the way, that came from the Ayatollah himself speaking of bloated egos.

Why doesn't your Ayatollah say anything constructive or peaceful. Why doesn't he tell the Iranian people about the Kuds forces that the Americans captured in Iraq and Afghanistan trying to kill American soldiers. If your hand are so clean, then we can talk about egos. How about attacking our embassy and holding embassy staff as hostages. How about building a full scale American aircraft carrier to sink for the cameras.

You wouldn't believe the intelligence we gained from your Kuds force captives! I would wager at the depth of Iranian involvement in world terrorism isn't something the Ayatollah makes public. Then when we make it public, he calls us a liar and starts his "great satan" speeches.

My point to you is, don't play the sheep when you are the wolf. Spend your energy and money in making your country great. Focus your efforts at home.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: haman10

Here we go with the "Great Satan and Little Satan" stuff again. Why don't you throw a few "death to America" phrases in as well. By the way, that came from the Ayatollah himself speaking of bloated egos.

Why doesn't your Ayatollah say anything constructive or peaceful. Why doesn't he tell the Iranian people about the Kuds forces that the Americans captured in Iraq and Afghanistan trying to kill American soldiers. If your hand are so clean, then we can talk about egos. How about attacking our embassy and holding embassy staff as hostages. How about building a full scale American aircraft carrier to sink for the cameras.

You wouldn't believe the intelligence we gained from your Kuds force captives! I would wager at the depth of Iranian involvement in world terrorism isn't something the Ayatollah makes public. Then when we make it public, he calls us a liar and starts his "great satan" speeches.

My point to you is, don't play the sheep when you are the wolf. Spend your energy and money in making your country great. Focus your efforts at home.
WHAT THE HELL are you talking about ?

when i said bloated ego , i was pointing out to al-anbar tribes . why do you think everyone is talking about US ? who are you ? you're just another country like everybody else .

We'll stop calling you big satan just when you stop calling us "Axis of evil" , lol .

now , talk about bloated ego .

we've got a saying here : " throw a curse on the ground and it's owner will pick it up"

edit on 21-5-2015 by haman10 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join