It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you like your steak?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I rarely eat steak, its been a few years. But, like nicely marbled fatty Tbone or Porterhouse, cooked in butter, to medium rare, salt and pepper. Mushrooms whole, sauteed up in the butter gravy. Salad, and or asparagus, or tomatoes.
Potato optional, now it would probably just the steak and mushrooms/tomato. Scratch that, would sautee up some zuchhini with the whole mushrooms and be done with the meal.
edit on 19-5-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
NY steak with Jack Daniel's sauce...
or with Honey lemon
or barbeque
or...

Damn I'm hungry...

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: cody599

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: cody599
a reply to: johnwick

Bwahahaha ahahaha!!!!!

That was flipping perfect!!!!

Welcome to ATS john

Augustie is a sharp as his knives we had a right laugh last night, why not come over to the Avatar creations thread and get us to make a personal one for you ? It's free

To stay on topic

Moo

Cody

I have been thinking about it.

I am a simplistic type, just a pick of john wick would be more than enough.

I don't look for it, but when trouble comes knocking I can be...boisterous.

Pop on over and see us, we're artists so simple is good LOL

But you may be surprised at some of the avatars we've come up with, if I'm not there just say Cody sent you

On topic Moo

Cody

Ok Cody I went and put in a request in avi creations.

I just hope you are up to my exacting standards!

No, really I'm very easy to please, I do t think you guys could fail my minimum standards unless you actually tried really hard to do as bad as you could.

Even then, I would likely be pleased, I mean I have nothing now, anything is better than nothing.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Restricted
Prime rib, minced garlic, mushrooms and onions, bleeding all over the plate.

I can do that, but there has to be some horseradish with the prime rib.

Philistine.

Hey, I have perpetually clogged sinuses. The horseradish ensures that I get the full benefit out of that beautiful cut of meat and all its wonderful fat.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

No, really I'm very easy to please, I do t think you guys could fail my minimum standards unless you actually tried really hard to do as bad as you could.

Please Cory, make his avatar John Stick(figure).

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Please Cory, make his avatar John Stick(figure).

Lol, I am pretty skinny.

It would be very appropriate!!

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ChefSlug

Rib eye steak or t-bone.

Best way I like it is I wash out my veggie crisper, heavily salt the steak, place it on a cookie cooling rack (you know the wire rack thing) and let it sit in there for at least 24 hours. Take it out, inspect for gross bits, trim then I either grill or cook in cast iron + oven to medium rare with some black pepper, delish.

Has to be a good piece tho, good marbling, and thick. I only do this once in a while.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
As lobster or scallop preferably, even chicken rather than beef. Though if at all, it would be slow braised / bbq'd until melting then served on a baguette.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
How bout black bear steaks.Take a aluminum broiling pan . Pour in one bottle of Jack Daniels . Add water enough to cover the steaks. Add whatever spices you want. Add ice to the mixture. Put the pan in the fridge overnight. Remove the steaks app 1 hr or so and marinade with whatever you like . Wrap with aluminum foil and cook slow along with some baking potatoes wrapped in aluminum foil that contains salt pepper butter , whatever. Good Stuff

Oh ,and the Jack Daniels mentioned is not the BBQ sauce. that comes later
edit on 19-5-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Cuts, in order of preference:

Beef Tenderloin
Filet Mignon
Bone in Ribeye
Ribeye
Skirt
Porterhouse
Center cut eye of chuck
T-Bone
Top Sirloin

Cut: all but the sirloin and skirt - cut 1-1 1/2" thick. Sirloin should be 1". Skirt...is what it is.

Cooked: All but the skirt - med to medium rare (more rare the higher up the list you go), seasoned with only salt and pepper cooked over wood or charcoal. Maybe dress it up with a bit of garlic butter right as it comes off the grill.

For the skirt: sear that sucker until it begs for mercy. Marinade over night before grilling. My favorite: equal parts beer and limes, garlic, lots of black pepper, some salt, some onions...throw in blender and pour over meat in an airtight bag. VOILA...fajitas.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
i have to add: there is a disapproving Texan reading over all the claims of various sauces to put on ones steak.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I take it that we don't have an A-1 man here.
Let me guess. You put hot sauce on it. Texans eat hot sauce on everything. Just kidding.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Get a grass fed two week dry aged minimum, limosine steak and put some garlic salt, salt, and pepper on it. It tastes great. It is a little harder to chew than the commercial grain fed crap in the stores, but that is what we have teeth and knives for.

Boy they sure got us to believe that inferior tasting meat is better just because it is more tender. I have been buying beef by the half or full head for years. People are always adding the fake aged taste to meats by marinating them when they have a good taste when aged naturally instead of that wet aging process.

People will believe anything. They made an inferior cow more desireable because it is tender, but the reason they did this is because they grow faster.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I had the best steak of my life a few weeks ago at a local restaurant. It was a flatiron steak, I asked for medium well, but it was more medium. It was topped with an herb butter and served over shoestring truffle fries. OMG, it was so tender and flavorful. The herb butter and juices from the steak mixed and soaked into the fries and they tasted amazing. It was so good that I didn't care it wasn't cooked medium well. It was worth every penny of the $26 it cost.

At home I've learned to let the steak (any cut) come to room temperature for a few hours. Then I normally just do salt, pepper, garlic powered and onion powered. I like it grilled, pan fried or broiled. Also stop cooking before you think its done and let it rest. It will continue to cook as it rests. Served with any combo of sides. My favorites being salad, baked potato (loaded) plain white rice, Brussels Sprouts, Asparagus, Broccoli, Peas, Corn on the cob etc......

I saute onion and bacon then toss with brussels sprouts (cut in half that I have boiled for 3 minutes) in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and garlic. Then I roast in the oven or saute on the stove top to finish. For my peas I do the same as the sprouts except I leave out the balsamic and cook on the stove stop. I also add a bit of butter. Asparagus either with a simple steam or roasted in the oven with salt, pepper, garlic, olive oil and balsamic. If artichokes are in season then I also love those. I boil then in water with olive oil, balsamic and or red wine vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, bay leaf, dried onion flakes, and the juice of two lemons. Then cut up the lemon and throw it in the pot. Trim, cut in half, remove the hair and throw the chockes in. Bring to a boil and cook for about 30min or until tender. Be careful not to overcook. Remove from the liquid and eat them warm or cold with mayo. Excellent either way.
edit on 5/19/2015 by ZenTam because: forgot something

link   
chicago blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or rare since most places suck and wont do it

link   
a reply to: rickymouse

my problem with only grass fed is that its way too lean.

Now, rotate some grain in with some grasses, and you get a pretty solid quality. But you will pay for that kind of TLC. Even the ranchers around here....only a couple have figured out you can actually yield out more profit per head without using the antibiotics, and following an organic feeding pattern.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I like mine looking at me in the quiet of the morning dawn. Peaceful, serene and gentle. They always seem to know when the watermelons are on the vine...

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Yeah, breakfast steak is good too.

Long time no see.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

my problem with only grass fed is that its way too lean.

Now, rotate some grain in with some grasses, and you get a pretty solid quality. But you will pay for that kind of TLC. Even the ranchers around here....only a couple have figured out you can actually yield out more profit per head without using the antibiotics, and following an organic feeding pattern.

I liked it when it was finished for about three or four weeks on grain. It still had good flavor and a nice fat around the steaks. The big thing is that being grass fed, they grow slower and acquire some tasty chemistry as they get over two years old. When they raise them on grains and steroids in stockyards the last six months, they don't get the good taste in the meat.

Your from Texas, most farmers down there know the beef tastes better if they are out in the fields. But, when the big stockyards get ahold of the cows, bought at about a year, they feed them mostly grains for six months and this is what most of the meat in the stores is. I bet most of the beef in the stores down by you are raised half way decent and many are naturally aged, coming from local farms. You probably still have butchers that cut hanging halves there, Our supermarkets get sections that are packaged in sealed plastic and wet aged. No flavor at all, even the butchers in the stores are complaining about the lack of flavor nowadays.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

yeah, cryovac meats are a bane. pork especially, as the bone in meats that are cryovac tend to smell of ammonia (a property of some pork).

At HEB the steaks are phenomenal. I don't eat wal mart. and if i have time i buy from a local slaughterhouse that works with local folks. The steaks there are top notch.

If i am really wanting to get something good, i order it to be shipped. There are some great steaks to be had online.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join