It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is how the UK handles police brutality

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

Lol, great job getting the muslims in there like they have something to do with anything.

Also you listed people getting charged, get back to us when they get convicted.

edit on thTue, 19 May 2015 16:03:55 -0500America/Chicago520155580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
Maybe you should shut up and realize that you brits have 8 times as many violent crimes as the US. Sounds like you lot don't have much of a Police presence at all
Probably true on both counts.
We usually sort our disputes out with fights when it gets to that point, difference is we usually all find a chilled equilibrium after that and there are no gunshot wounds.
I like that, especially when the National Health Service has fixed my broken teeth for a minimal standard fee of less than US$50 which would be in the thousands privately.

*Edit*
Oh, and you get the treatment first, then the heavily discounted bill.
I love living in the UK

edit on 19.5.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Ya, teeth are very costly in our system, but you wouldn't understand how our system even works you darn limey!
(jokes of course)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

O and yes we enjoy a good punch up.

But rarely anyone dies.

In fact our murder rate is 4 times lower than yours

so yeah you more likely to get into a fight but more likely to walk away from it

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: grainofsand

Ya, teeth are very costly in our system, but you wouldn't understand how our system even works you darn limey!
(jokes of course)

When it comes to your health system and pricing that’s probably right we don’t understand!

To pay $30,000 to fix a broken leg is alien to us. To even think it should cost that and why that money goes confuses us to know end!
edit on 19-5-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Agreed.
I've been stitched back together a few times and all I was asked was my name and address.
It never matters how skint we are for equal medical treatment.
I think that is the indicator of a mature and caring society.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Or that it cost money to give birth.
www.cnn.com...

Sadly the ACA and all the propaganda of people calling it socialized medicine has IMO has put us back years to get anything close to what you guys across the pound.
Or shoot even just north of us in Canada.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I would wish that you guys have the same state funded healthcare for all that we have, and cops that mostly only carry extendable batons and 1 in 10 at most with a Tazer.
Life is much more chilled that way as I see it.
Yes we fight.
Yes we are violent.
But it mostly does not end up in death for the loser, and the NHS fixes us for free at the point of need.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

Maybe you should mind your own countries damn business.

I imagine several billion in the ME have said that exact same thing about the US (and to a lesser extent the UK)

Maybe you should shut up and realize that you brits have 8 times as many violent crimes as the US. Sounds like you lot don't have much of a Police presence at all, and you are now throwing one of the few good guys under the bus so you can appease Muslims and pander to 'Political Correctness'

This is an unreliable statistic given that what constitutes a violent crime over here vastly differs to over there.

Just shouting at someone is regarded/logged as a violent crime.

Maybe you can come back to us when England has the same level of Diversity and co-existence of cultures as the US. As it stands, England is about 85% Lily freaking White.

I think that figure is now down to 80%, and doesn't include white non-Brits, compared to the USA 72.4 %, it's not that much of a difference. Plus, after seeing some of the racism on the news, it's fair to say that the UK is far more tolerant (no disrespect meant to the people of the USA, I know that not everybody is like that).

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

I would wish that you guys have the same state funded healthcare for all that we have, and cops that mostly only carry extendable batons and 1 in 10 at most with a Tazer.
Yes we fight.
Yes we are violent.
But it mostly does not end up in death for the loser, and the NHS fixes us for free at the point of need.

Dude at 300 million odd people I doubt they could afford it.

Hell we had to give up our empire to pay for the NHS.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: grainofsand

Yes we fight.
Yes we are violent.

Dude at 300 million odd people I doubt they could afford it.

Hell we had to give up our empire to pay for the NHS.

Economies of scale mate, the US could afford an equivalent NHS like we have if the government wanted it.
#ing disgrace that about 4 million people have no healthcare because they earn just over the means tested MedicAid limits.
Absolute disgrace.

*Edit*
...just from my opinion as a human being.

...and I am glad our justice system generally appears to address our bad cops.
The UK is a nice place to live in!

edit on 19.5.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

Wow....that guy would have lasted about 3 seconds over here. He is pretty lucky unless maybe the dirty work is done later at the precinct. If the cops didn't get him over here right away then surely one of the armed neighbors would have taken him out for interrupting one of his shows with all that screaming.
edit on 5/19/2015 by DJMSN because: correction

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Despite the name, we're a less united place. If something isn't happening within a 10-mile radius of us or close family, we don't care.

We also get less justice here. You know the "innocent until proven guilty" thing? Yea it turns out it's actually the other way around. Unless you're a policeman, of course.

That's not to say we're powerless though. It just requires the civil revolt of thousands to make a sound, however small. Or literature, that works too.
edit on 19-5-2015 by pianoasis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Dude we know # is #ed up back home, why the comparisons constantly your not living our world we are. I'm getting tired of the outside world constantly critising us, if you don't like it so much why don't you move here and protest.

Because they can criticize because the Americans have been doing this too everyone in every poor and downtrodden country for decades now. Oppressing everyone, trying to police the world yet can't sort their own crap out in their own backyard...breaching every human right of every citizen and then have the nerve to point out china or Russias breaches of the same damn thing.

I think the US citizen forgets how much power they have agaisnt the government if they want to. But to busy watching some crap reality show or being scared into submission yet have not even tried to take back their once great country.

edit on 19-5-2015 by projectbane because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Correct - all yanks and poms are encouraged to stay away from Australia, the fauna will kill you, from sitting on the dunny to swimming at the beach, our women are ugly, beer is warm and we are all criminals - every last one of us.

Our police, well, they can die equally as quick, but are usually more interested in nabbing you for not paying speeding fines - money hungry bastards.

Don't make me post more pics of spidies, crocs, sharks, jelly fish and things that kill in seconds.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I dunno, the lad got his teeth knocked out, the perpetrator was caught, got his just desserts. The rest of this is just rubbish.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Hmmm...
en.wikipedia.org...

The UK police shooting of Mark Duggan in 2011 would seem to indicate that London isn't that different from Ferguson, MO afterall.

We all have skeletons lingering in our nations' closets, my friend.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That happens once in a blue moon in England,in America every encounter with the Police can end up with a gun being pulled on you,in March alone around 111 people were shot and killed by the Police in America,that's more than UK Police force since it's inception.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Hmmm...
en.wikipedia.org...

The UK police shooting of Mark Duggan in 2011 would seem to indicate that London isn't that different from Ferguson, MO afterall.

We all have skeletons lingering in our nations' closets, my friend.

True and we had that guy from brazil we shot.

Thing is cases like that are rare, extremly rare here. Like once every 5 years. Were as on ATS every week a new US case pops up, even ajusting for bigger population the frequency is way higher.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
One swallow doesn't make a summer.
I dont think the IPCC has ever gotten a conviction against a serving officer for killing a MOP in the UK.

Anyway, this thread is reading a bit like a recruitment poster to the US.."Come back to the Empire. You'll be so much happier with us!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join