It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perhaps a Subtle Change???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Is it only me or did anyone else notice in today's Pentagon briefing that Rumsfeld and Myers used the words "extremism" more often than "terrorism" and "insurgents"????

Is it possible that this is the start of a subtle change of policy? That perhaps the Bush Administration is finally realizing that they need to approach this whole fiasco on a new footing? That the war on "terrorism" isn't a winnable one and that Iraq can no longer be held as "battlefield for terrorism", that perhaps the very suggestion of Iraq being the frontlines for terrorism has incited more terrorism???

is just me? it could be just me, but then again?????

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
well??? was it just me???

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Is it only me or did anyone else notice in today's Pentagon briefing that Rumsfeld and Myers used the words "extremism" more often than "terrorism" and "insurgents"????

Is it possible that this is the start of a subtle change of policy? That perhaps the Bush Administration is finally realizing that they need to approach this whole fiasco on a new footing? That the war on "terrorism" isn't a winnable one and that Iraq can no longer be held as "battlefield for terrorism", that perhaps the very suggestion of Iraq being the frontlines for terrorism has incited more terrorism???

is just me? it could be just me, but then again?????

There is something up with you, for sure!

It's going to sound vulgar, but it's the most apt anology: A Mind F**** is a F*** by another name; it has a beginning a middle and an end, all of varying intensity. We were"pounded" by the unsubstantiated fear of the build up, "tore up" by the illogical of supposedly all non-Iraqis causing trouble over there, now we're being "long stroked" with the phrasings of language that intimate that the Iraqi people are just perturb, and will be placated once they see elections.

Again, it's a Mind F***, pure and simple. Turn-of-a-phrase-propaganda is the cornerstone of all fascist systems. Watch C-Span every day for a week , a 1 pm EST, for Scott McCllelans daily press fecal feed. It will literally turn your stomach - equal parts him, and equal parts a compliant/subserviant press.

join