It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dapps "Decentralization Is A Market Force, Demanded by Consumers"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Are you building a decentralized app (Dapp)?
If so, the Corona Dapp Network wants to help!

CT: From where you sit, how does the future for decentralized apps look? And do you think the decentralization of apps will overcome the disapproval of traditional corporates and regulators?

DG: I think decentralized applications have a very bright future. Decentralization is a market force, and demand by consumers for the advantages it provides will drive growth and adoption. Decentralized applications are a powerful technology, and yes they will overcome the disapproval of traditional institutions the same way the internet did across the world.

What’s more relevant is that just like BitTorrent and Bitcoin, other Dapps will not require a central authority’s permission to operate, nor can they be forcefully regulated. It would be like trying to regulate how people dance.

"It is important to understand that we provide funding opportunities for decentralized application developers and entrepreneurs to build next generation internet applications. We do so while remaining platform agnostic, meaning we encourage using any and all decentralization technologies available in order to create the best software possible."

CT: What are your short and long term goals?

DG: Short term goals would include raising awareness of Dapp development amongst the larger developer communities, in addition to the building of killer decentralized applications, such as a prediction markets and peer-to-peer secure messaging.

Another important goal is the creation of a free and universal Dapp directory which facilitates the finding and downloading of Dapps. On that note, we are also collaborating with Crypti to use their Dapp store as a means to distribute Corona Dapps.

A long-term goal of ours is the creation of a Dapp development platform that would allow non-technical users to build easily amazing Dapps, similar to how Dreamweaver made web design accessible to almost anyone.

CT: What areas of blockchain technology interest you the most; currency, smart contracts, etc.?

DG: I find the financial aspects of smart contracts very interesting, such as decentralized exchanges and prediction markets. Frictionless and trustless financial utility can be the core of a truly free market economy.

Source:
cointelegraph.com...

edit on 19-5-2015 by wasaka because: added link to story

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

I love the concept. I love the idea of networked/cloud solutions to application deployment.

I am concerned by what they mean by "frictionless"?

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I love the concept. I love the idea of networked/cloud solutions to application deployment.

I am concerned by what they mean by "frictionless"?

Perhaps is just another term for "no-middle-man"
or "a trustless system" that is decentralized.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

that would be great. but if it is going to bypass taxes...it'll be crushed before anything ever starts.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

that would be great. but if it is going to bypass taxes...it'll be crushed before anything ever starts.

The likes of BitPay, Coinbase, and Coinify have been serving as payment processors thus far. And the Mycelium team would like to change that. Mycelium Gear is a beta piece of open-source software that allows merchants to act as their own payment processor. Gear works by performing two steps: generating new payment addresses, and then monitoring the Bitcoin blockchain to verify when the payment has been received. Gear also reports on whether an invoice has been over- or underpaid. No taxes, no fees, no third party.

Mycelium Gear “is called a payment processor because it provides a service similar to other payments processors […] However, it doesn't hold any money. It simply watches the blockchain (which anyone can do) and generates addresses from the BIP32 public key (which anyone can do).”

This means that merchants can be relieved of the regulatory burden of dealing with the likes of Coinbase. Giving up private information, finding that your purchasing habits are tracked, or worrying that your account will suddenly be closed are not concerns when you process your own payments.

Got to love it.... giving the finger to the bankers.
Trying to stop this is like trying to tax dancing.

You do have to use a bitcoin wallet such as Electrum
(which the BEST open-source wallet on the market)
or Mycelium's own wallet (BIP32 standard).

edit on 19-5-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well, I understand nothing of what I just read, but it SOUNDS good. Giving the bankers a finger is always a good thing even if I have no clue as to how it's done.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I'm guessing that an decentralized applications allows for users to communicate with each other, shares files, videos and pictures, but doesn't require an official server or user account. Just about Every application these days always seemed to get entangled with Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, Google, Youtube or Discus. Our local computer stores now sell "personal cloud servers" that sit outside your router/firewall and allow data to be shared. In the good old days of home computer gaming, you could set up one PC to be a game server and have your own password to restrict access. This would seem to be a reinvention of this idea.
edit on 19-5-2015 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Really timely thread Wasaka, I'll be looking into this. Hey, do you know if there's a Q&A type forum where people can chat and ask questions about developing apps for the Bitcoin platform? I've done a little looking but haven't found anything.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
One thing I do give the banks credit for it that they have had people trying to rip them off since they started. Now they do have a lot of procedures and checks to keep it all working as it should.

I got caught up in the bitcoin - mtgox crash and it is still going thought administration. Progress is getting made, if you did have an account look into it.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: tridentblue

Really timely thread Wasaka, I'll be looking into this. Hey, do you know if there's a Q&A type forum where people can chat and ask questions about developing apps for the Bitcoin platform? I've done a little looking but haven't found anything.

A forum for developing apps?
I don't know, but reddit is a good place to look.
www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/

I like to read the news stories at: coindesk.com
and cointelegraph.com/

top topics

join