It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hatton Garden heist : Seven arrested and high value property seized

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
London police have conducted a number of raids over night at addresses in London and Kent and recovered bags of loot from that they believe is from the Hatton Garden heist.

The men arrested are aged between 48 and 76. Around 200 officers were involved in morning raids of 12 addresses in London and Kent.

The Met said :”A number of large bags containing significant amounts of high value property have been recovered from one address. Officers are confident these are items stolen during the burglary."
The dramatic operation came just over six weeks after a gang staged the audacious robbery at the Hatton Garden Safe Deposit company and escaped with around £60 million in diamonds, cash and valuables.
www.standard.co.uk...

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

All those held in raids in north London are British, Scotland Yard said.

edit on 19-5-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yikes ... the thieves definitely pissed off some higher ups.

Money makes the world go around - somebody's wealth was taken and the police are following orders to try to retrieve it.

It will be interesting to follow as you've said

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
one of them was 76!

Awesome but it should be said that they have only been arrested not charged.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I am wondering why they were even still around. With that kind of heist, I don't think I would be sticking around my old haunts very long.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

one of them was 76!

Maybe one of the old Kray Gang.

He's about the right age

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Grandad Blaggers! This is a worse story than a tacky movie script!
Too many grandads = too much gossip!
Still wannabee a players when they should stick to retirement!

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
Grandad Blaggers! This is a worse story than a tacky movie script!
Too many grandads = too much gossip!
Still wannabee a players when they should stick to retirement!

You so know that De-Niro et al have already been cast for their roles in this movie.

its just begging to be turned into the newest oldies comedy flick.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I can see it now. Guy Ritchie directs: Snatch 2 - Old Geezers.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
There could be a conspiracy theory that said the bags of evidence were taken along on the raid by TPTB and planted on an old school firm to fit them up for the job , that way TPTB got what they were looking for in the Hatton Garden raid , returned the unwanted booty to its rightful owners and showed the public that bad guys go to prison.
SIS at its best.
Far fetched ?

edit on 19-5-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
There could be a conspiracy theory that said the bags of evidence were taken along on the raid by TPTB and planted on an old school firm to fit them up for the job , that way TPTB got what they were looking for in the Hatton Garden raid , returned the unwanted booty to its rightful owners and showed the public that bad guys go to prison.
SIS at its best.
Far fetched ?

Nope, was almost my first thought.
Maybe some oldies with terminal illnesses paid to take the rap, while as you said "TPTB got what they were looking for in the Hatton Garden raid , returned the unwanted booty to its rightful owners and showed the public that bad guys go to prison."

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Or it could just be the old story of someone having a big mouth.
Generally criminals aren't clever in a hollywood way. They might pull off a job like this, but then squabble over the split or how long they have to wait for it...Or panic when the cops lean on them and start spilling their guts until everyone is in clink.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I'd have expected anything taken in that raid to have been moved abroad within 24hrs of it being stolen, or buried somewhere safe before moving it out much later. I'd very much doubt that any of the perps would have any items linking them to the raid sitting in their homes.
The police are probably under a lot of pressure to get a result, so maybe they just raided homes to bring in a few bodies to make it at least look like they are doing something. The bags of stuff recovered are quite probably nothing at all to do with the vault raid and are just for show and forensics.

I doubt the full list of items taken in the raid will ever be known, as much of what was stored in those deposit boxes was probably never declared to insurance companies, let alone HMRC.

edit on 542Wed, 20 May 2015 07:01:12 -050001317u15 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join