It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi "Religion Job" Help Wanted Ad: ISO Swordsman, 8 vacancies, no exam

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Utah has gotten plenty of volunteers every time too. Interesting fact about Utah, one of the rifles fires a blank. That is so no one on the firing squad will actually know whether they fired a kill shot.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Ok so what's the problem here? If this is an anti-death penalty thread then great, because I'm also against the death penalty. But every country that has the death penalty has people who perform the executions, so of course there would be job openings for them.

If this is a thread against the technique for executing the death penalty, then great. Because I also don't agree with the methods for implementing the death penalty, whether the executions are carried out by firing squad, lethal injection, electrocution, death by cop, death by drone strike, or death by beheading.

But it looks like this thread is just another excuse to bash Islam. If you're going to quote the Qur'an, why not quote the passages that allow the family of a murder victim to pardon the murderer as an act of charity (5:45) or to receive compensation in exchange for pardoning the murderer (2:178)? Even the "civilized" US judicial system doesn't allow family members of murder victims to decide on pardoning the murderer.

We're allowed the same options for pardoning other crimes as well, but you wouldn't know that if you only cherry pick phrases that fit your argument. Saudi Arabia's government has hardcore Wahabi policies, so they follow the same doctrine as most of the Taliban, al-Qaeda, and ISIS. But that's also why most other Muslim countries & Muslim-majority regions don't follow these policies. Because Wahabism is an extremist, fringe element, not the mainstream.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

Thanks for that job description in the US military. Thats sounds like what they did in Vietnam. Or the Third Reich for that matter. Resettlement away form their villages is a warfare measure, a control measure. It isolates the guerrilla fighters from the resources of the people, like food and shelter. Pushes them into the open, exposing them so they can be spotted and destroyed more easily. And prevents the people in resettlement camps (or refugee camps) from joining the movement or aiding the part of the population that rises up and resists the invasion and occupation.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheWhiteKnight

originally posted by: intrptr
Who staged that 'advertisement'?

Thats not how people are picked to carry out "executions". Imagine the Mafioso placing ads for hit men. Or the CIA for Assassins?

Lets keep it real.

The responders to the supposed ad are netted, in any number of ways, depending on particulars.
Some group is phishing. Yeah: Hey everyone, I wanna be a spook for the CIA.

# 436

Ever see Warren Beatty in Parallax View?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Nebraska Death Penalty Repealed: Legislature Votes To Abolish Capital Punishment, Governor Vows To Veto
www.ibtimes.com...

The Nebraska legislature voted overwhelmingly Wednesday to abolish the death penalty in the state. Gov. Pete Ricketts, a Republican who supports the death penalty, has promised to veto the measure, although lawmakers' 32 - 15 vote in its favor would be sufficient to override that, KETV reported.

The approval came less than a week after Ricketts announced that state officials had bought supplies of the three drugs necessary for lethal injections. Throughout the United States, the death penalty has come under fire in recent months after a series of botched executions in 2014. States have also struggled to secure supplies of drugs needed to carry out lethal injections, due to a boycott by Europe on exporting such drugs to correctional facilities in the United States.

No prisoner on death row has been executed in Nebraska since 1997, and since 1973, only four executions have taken place in the state, the Associated Press reported. The most recent state to ban capital punishment was Maryland in 2013.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Uhh, ok. I'm glad more of the States are working to abolish the death penalty. Though I'm not sure what that has to do with my post?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Uhh, ok. I'm glad more of the States are working to abolish the death penalty. Though I'm not sure what that has to do with my post?

You said this was a subject you care about.
Therefore I so a story you might like and shared it.
That is why I come to ATS--not to argue, but to share ideas.
Why does this surprise you?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join