It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The anti austerity survival guide. Hints, tips, advice and help for a better future.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: flammadraco your not dissing me. I just have a bad habit of taking these types of threads personally. So I apologise to the op too. I should just avoid them. I know the thread was well intentioned, and I let my sensitivity get the better of me. I should just go and meditate instead. A much more valuable use of my time. So accept my apologies I'm a little stressed at the moment

No need for an appology woodward, you got sucked in and it's not suprising quite frankly.

It's a re occouring theme latley, Someone asks a question and then a bunch of people use it as an excuse to push there own personal agenda.

Then another bunch of people react accordingly resulting in an argument that has nothing to do with the origional question and everything to do with seperatism, divide and conquer and an inbuilt need to blame everyone else for the problems in there life.

I wonder if our grandparents acted like this in times of hardship?

Did they sit there apethetically whining about how the fat cats are eating all the cream or did they tighten there belts, work a little harder and come togther to make the best of it?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
I imagine they were too busy fighting or contributing to the war effort.the generation before, would have been working in the cotton mills or factories like my great gran.

Or if you were too poor then the poor house was your fate. I'd like to think we have moved on since those dark days.
Many struggles have been made to improve the lot of working people, it would be a shame to go back after the accomplishments made by generations', but it seems too many advocate this regressive attitude to the poor. Back to your baz luhrmann analogy. Don't read the daily mail or the sun. It will only make you feel angry

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I think my Grandad would be pretty dissapointed at the general attitude of many people today

Look at we have got and the amount of complaining and demanding for more that goes on compared to what they had just a couple of generations ago.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I understand Woodward and I hope you feel better soon!

I know what you mean about taking things personally on ATS at times and it has that effect on me as well. At times I have to leave the site for a couple of weeks to gather myself before returning. We have some great UK members on ATS which will become more apparent when the new forum opens, and to be honest I have the best debates with the British Members as we understand our unique humour and debating styles.

Please don't feel dis hearted by anything I have said as none of it was an attack on you or your personal circumstances, as I've said my mother is receipt of disability benefit, so I understand the circumstances some folk are in. I just wish we could all agree that "SOME" folk do abuse the system and its these folk we should all be showing our anger and distaste towards, not folk who genuinely need help and support.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
If no one can see the wood through the trees and *keeps on stating that this
is not an issue on an industrial scale*
then you are contributing to the
problem and need to remove the blinkers as your enabling folk to abuse the system.

The Scots have a saying for that ... *Many a mickle makes a muckle*

And the English ... *Look after the pennies and the pounds will take care

of themselves!*

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Sometimes an image can be a bit more helpful
edit on 21-5-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join