It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Member Seeking Help, Understanding, and Reads.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Hello, well, this may not be an amazing introduction, but may as well try. I am almost out of high school and reside on the east coast of the United States. I am a metalhead and proud. Polish born and, well, I suppose that's just a random fact. Now comes the serious part. I believe I suffer from Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) and this causes much conflict/friction between me and my girlfriend ( does anyone mind if I call her "my princess?) . I will give specifics in later posts .
Hope to meet everyone around!

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: godkiller

I believe I suffer from Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) and this causes much conflict/friction between me and my girlfriend ( does anyone mind if I call her "my princess?)

Have you seen someone that could help you find that out?

If she is your princess then by all means call her that.

I will give specifics in later posts .

Now that's a good way to keep people coming back to a thread.

. I am almost out of high school and reside on the east coast of the United States.

A little friendly advice for you...

When a member makes remarks to you about not being out of HS, and takes a few other jabs...don't take it personally.

And one last thing...Welcome to ATS.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I believe I suffer from Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) and this causes much conflict/friction between me and my girlfriend ( does anyone mind if I call her "my princess?)

Every one gets angry. Try not to let emotion crossover to harmful action.

Welcome to the site.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Welcome aboard! What makes you say you have BPD? Have you gone and been diagnosed? BPD isn't one of those disorders that's easily diagnosed unless you're well trained.

I'm reading "Stop Walking on Eggshells" -- it seems pretty good so far.

What kind of metal you into?

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Well, to the first part I can speak with the guidance counselor at my school and in fact I think today was a rather bad day (at least the morning) and had planned on going, but ended up heading to math class. Yes she is,
though, she is a bit younger, but I love her so.
Yes, I do suppose a cliffhanger of sorts will bring people back, although I meant future threads. And I shall take insults as lightly as possible unless they're towards her or well, they might get to me. But most seem nice over here.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I would never hurt her, though, I feel i have emotionally by my coldness and shows of non caring.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Thank you for the link! I will certainly check it later and I have read about it myself, but so many sources seem to be very judgmental about BPD that those with it are liars, manipulators ad should be avoided and left immediately. As for diagnosis its by self observation of my behavior. And to metal, range of my dying bride (doom) to accept (heavy) to nuclear assault (thrash, who I am seeing!) To behemoth (death) to some black metal.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Welcome to the community, godkiller.I hope you enjoy sharing and knocking ideas back and forth here.. Cheers

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Right on! Once you get to 20 posts, you'll be able to start your own topics. There's a music subforum, and I'm sure there's more than a few other metal heads in there!

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS and any girl would love being called princess by her guy. My hubby has no pet name for me and I am certainly not princess material.

Enjoy the adventure that is life. And ATS life.

Blessings.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This just a reply to you all! I love all of you, I'm happy for your feedback and I hope to see you in the future (in the boards of course). Ultralight, I'm sure you're a fine gal. Sorry if you don't like that term,but sounds right. My princess has to have patience, a warrior princess I suppose. Once again, thanks for the welcome, I'm very happy to have joined this community.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: godkiller

I would never hurt her, though, I feel i have emotionally by my coldness and shows of non caring.

But you do care, though, just have a hard time showing it? Maybe thats part of the problem. You' re young yet. Practice on her, show her your love while admitting your faults. Say, I love you and I'm sorry more.

Its okay to be human and make mistakes.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I do care, I constantly tell her that I love her and that she's the most beautiful. I try to tell her that I may have a mental disorder, but to each of these things she says no; no she loves me more, no she is not beautiful, no I am not mental and I am the best. I show her, just, I have times of emptiness and I push her away. I do apologize. I do want to get her a rose. There's a school concert she's in, but her sister is coming so I don't know.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I have a BPD diagnosis as well. It sucks, but the stigma attached to it is worse. You're likely to encounter a least a couple of posters who will use that admission as a means of getting a rise put of you, I know I did. Of the people who know what BPD is, even vaguely, a surprisingly large number of them are pretty hateful about it. If I could unadmit it, I probably would.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Relationships are tough with BPD. For all parties involved. I wish you the best of luck. Sounds like you might be in HS? Do you have a formal diagnosis/are you medicated? If you don't mind me asking. I've been taking valproic acid as prescribed for a couple of years, and I have to admit that my moods remain quite stable. Though, I'm nearing 30 now and I've heard from other sufferers that the symptoms can diminish with age.

I used to do a great deal of self harm. I'm mostly over that, but I still have tough days. Wishing you the best of luck and a long and happy life. I know a guy my age, takes the same meds as I do (doctor prescribed and.. otherwise) with a lovely wife and family. That's not in the cards for me, but it goes to show that BPD isn't a life sentence.
edit on 5/20/2015 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Hello Killer of Gods..

Welcome to ATS

Have fun

purp.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Monger

Hey! Just to make sure, I am only self diagnosed, so no medication, and no absolute certainty of the disorder. I have read multiple sources that seem to be very against people with the disorder, including one on ATS I believe. I am in fact in high school, in fact graduating this June! I agree relationships may be very difficult, especially with my princess, because my mood swings happen most often with her. Right now, I'm on my way home, and I thank you for your replies, they have truly made me smile. I hope your day, and all days going forward are improvements over the last.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Welcome To Our ATS Family!!!
Have a good time while on This Trip,
On The Wild Ride ATS MotherShip.

As Someone has already mentioned Before,
Welcome Aboard the Ship. Now Please Close the Door.

We don't want any Trolls coming up the stairs,
Pushing their Hatred and Lies, trying to pull out Your Hair.

You will Learn so much Here that it will fill You with Pride,
Just Remember Most of all Hey!, "It's Just A Ride!"
Syx...

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS

I'm a pretty opinionated member and love to get my teeth into robust debate, but always remember with me it is never personal, and even if I shoot you down in one thread I am just as likely to star and flag you in another if we find agreement.

I look forward to your contributions here, new opinions and input is always good.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I shall remember that, although I am not sure if I will be contributing to the conspiracy portions as much. The closest will be history.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join