It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy shoots through window, kills friend trying to wake him

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

That's a pretty wide interpretation but I wouldn't be surprised if it worked.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

I just shared my view on how responsible parents should act...

why you took offense?

I never told you or anyone how to raise their kids because I really don't care at all.

Feel free to give your children loaded bazookas to play with, I have really no problem.

Where I live it's a crime to give guns to kids, you would face prison and they could go as far as taking the kids away,

and in my own opinion it's the right think to do, because of the so many cases of teen gun ''accidents'' and plenty cases

of school massacres.

No access to a gun = no gun accidents, simple as that

ps I do not know about Montana,but I have to wonder about states that prohibit the use alcohol and drugs to teens, but allow them to use guns !?!

edit on TueTue, 19 May 2015 21:41:20 -05001PMkuTuesdaypm by Dr1Akula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I know this has been said..

But he has to live with what he has done, for the rest of his life.
The older he gets, the more regret he will feel.
Even if he tries to bury it deep down inside, it will come back out later on in his life.
He'll suffer for the rest of his life for it regardless of punishment.
He'll be screwed up for the rest of his life before it even really began.

His life is already over.

His parents lives are screwed now too.

I feel very sorry for the kid that got shot and the horror his family is going through, but I also feel sorry for the kid that shot him, and his parents.

His parents will of course regret deeply too.
Imagine what thoughts will run through their head for the rest of their lives.
Imagine the hate they will get every single time they must go out in public.

Regret lives with you forever. You can try to bury it down, you can try to forget about it, but it always comes back.

It sucks terribly for both kids, and both families.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

Got my first gun at 4. Been keeping one in my room since about ten. Letting young people have guns isn't the problem, teaching gun safety is. And you can't fix ignorance no matter how many laws you make.
edit on 20-5-2015 by ShadowCaptin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowCaptin

Got my first gun at 4. Been keeping one in my room since about ten. Letting young people have guns isn't the problem, teaching gun safety is. And you can't fix ignorance no matter how many laws you make.

Unless they make a mistake, act to impulsively or with bad judgement. These are things yound kids do.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD

originally posted by: ShadowCaptin

Unless they make a mistake, act to impulsively or with bad judgement. These are things yound kids do.

Do we know for sure that it was his parents who owned the gun?

We are assuming his parents knew he had a gun.

If teenage boys are friends and by the way, the shooter was 17 years-old, and all the people saying teenagers out at night do teenage things, then how do we know where the gun came from.

I haven't seen any article that even remotely states that his parents were the gun owners or that they even knew he had a gun.

Can anyone show that before we rush to judgement?

We have no idea what happened earlier that day and we have no idea where or how he got the gun. Everyone is justifying the teenage boys being out at night, underage boys, and yet no one is asking WHY they were out, except me. And I don't have kids.

And I am sure every parent of boys on this thread are really responsible enough to tell their teenage sons to not creep houses at night. And if these boys were toilet papering a house, an adult came out and fired a warning shot but missed and hit them, then would you all be saying it was ok to be trespassing and committing a crime?

The boys were breaking curfew. Billings Montana curfew

What are the curfew hours? Minors who have not reached their 12th birthday shall not be in public places between the hours of 9:00 pm and 6:00 am, unless accompanied by a parent, guardian or other competent adult. Minors who have not reached their 18th birthday shall not be in public places between the hours of 11:00 pm and 6:00 am, except on Friday and Saturday nights such hours shall be between midnight and 6:00 am. During the months of June, July, and August the hours of midnight and 6:00 am shall be applicable to all minors under the age of eighteen (18)

Now whose parents were not responsible? No, a kid should not be killed for breaking curfew, however, there is a reason Billings instituted this law.

And since no one has said yet how the kid got the gun, stop the rush to judgment that it was his parents' gun.

I grew up in the country in Ohio where EVERY farmer had guns. EVERYONE knew you don't go creeping in the middle of the night. The boys were TRESPASSING because they WERE NOT invited onto the property at that moment.

Tragedy, yes, but tell us how he got the gun.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Guns don't kill people. People with guns, knives, hammers, pipes, bombs and other weapons kill people.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join