It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom Arrested, Shackled, Jailed Because Her Honor Roll Son Had 3 Unexcused Absences at School

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Okay this is just stupid, a Georgia mom was arrested because her son (who had all As and Bs) had 3 to many unexcused absences at school.

Why is arresting mom even an option, and how does it solve any problems? If the kid has all As and Bs and is on the honor roll he is obviously keeping up and getting his education. So why does it matter how many days he misses? Who does it hurt? And why the F@@@@ would mom have to go to jail?

Sometimes it seems like I live in a different country then the one I grew up in....

thefreethoughtproject.com...

www.wfsb.com...
edit on 18-5-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
the people who never went to school are now running the show and are now closing all the loop holes to minimize the competition in the future

+8 more 
posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Wow...

Followed the link and saw a white chick...sorry, but this is a non-story.

Next time make sure a minority is involved.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I understand your title is taken from the source, at least one of them but neither article states she was shackled. Agreed that it is a little on the absurd side or a lot on the absurd side but so is the source sensationalizing their title to get more hits. It is basically all about the money as I am sure there are court cost involved and some sort of fine.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Wow. What is it for a school? Hitler Jugend?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Where can I give her money?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Wow! I'll make sure my kids don't have more than 3 unaccounted for absences after hearing this sir!

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN

I understand your title is taken from the source, at least one of them but neither article states she was shackled. Agreed that it is a little on the absurd side or a lot on the absurd side but so is the source sensationalizing their title to get more hits. It is basically all about the money as I am sure there are court cost involved and some sort of fine.

from the 1st source

“I am home. I was actually placed in ankle shackles!! I was told that doing so is procedure. I was respectful and followed directions. Sheriff Mike Kile allowed me to leave after being booked and photographed without having to call a bondsman. I will call tomorrow to get my court date. Thanks for the support!!” Giles wrote to WTOC when she returned home.
Read more at thefreethoughtproject.com...

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

I understand your title is taken from the source, at least one of them but neither article states she was shackled

from the first link.

“I am home. I was actually placed in ankle shackles!! I was told that doing so is procedure. I was respectful and followed directions. Sheriff Mike Kile allowed me to leave after being booked and photographed without having to call a bondsman. I will call tomorrow to get my court date. Thanks for the support!!” Giles wrote to WTOC when she returned home.
Read more at thefreethoughtproject.com... Read more at thefreethoughtproject.com...

now on to the student being absent. if your going to enforce the unexcused absence rule for one then all should have to follow it regardless of grades.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Well dang I missed that one so sorry...still agree with you that it is stupid. I shall hang head in shame for rest of the evening...or maybe shackle my ankles if that works for you.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

damn that's what i get for being distracted while posting, slow on the draw.

edit on 18-5-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
If there is any truth to this story it would be a sure sign of authority overstepping its mark.....

Crazy world we live in....

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Where can I give her money?

I will send you her Paypal account info. Dont worry about the name on the account..

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

while this is disturbing like the "free laptop so we can watch your kids in thier bedrooms" story a while back was disturbing, it's good to see she wasn't thrown in the back of the paddy wagon
and given the nickel ride

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I wish we lived in the normal world again.

Parents should be livid, and I'd bring back tar and feathering for mayors, police chiefs, school boards and city counsel. Or introduce them to it.

He'd be homeschooled and I'd get PI's on all of them to dig up all their dirty laundry and have them destroyed. Would also organize so that in the end, no pension, no job, no dental. Thats what you get for being a fascist psycho and overstepping your limits.
edit on 19-5-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Damn, America has gone totally insane! Comment on the article mentioned she needed to Home School, maybe so.

Public school (and I know all about it) isn't worth this kind of BS.... EVER.

After the child graduates said public school, his parent/parents won't be able to afford college in America anyway without (student loans). Debt. Oh wait, that's what the system wants.

What America is coming to.

edit on 19-5-2015 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
She turned HERSELF in and was booked.

In other news, FLA. NATIVE JEFFERY DAHMER ARRESTED FOR A MESS IN HIS KITCHEN.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

What?

Insanity. I used to miss 20-30 days a year. I took off nearly every Tuesday unless I took off Monday and Wednesday instead and still had enough credits to graduate a year early. High School was boring.

Yeah, I was in the Principles office a few times but arresting people is insane.
edit on 19-5-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
That's one way to control the population--make having kids so much of a godawful damn pain in the ass that no one wants to do it anymore.

Who needs this kind of liability?

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I can't get the wfsb site to load and the other article is a huge POS. How old is the kid? My opinion is going to be swayed a bit by the age.

Not a fan of Facebook journalism.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join