It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New board button --- KILL COOKIES

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
A new button appears at the top-left in the board menu bar, kill cookies Use this for a more secure total log-out than a simple log-out which only ends your session. It sets all ATS cookies to an immediate expire date. Also, if you're having trouble logging into BTS or PTS, try this. It may help resolve cookie issues with the subdomain.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
An excellent addition, I've been trying to get this guy off payroll for years...

ATS... Enhancing your life and putting cash in your pocket.

[edit on 22/12/2004 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
That's quite an ingenious new addition...awesome SO! Thanks

I have a semi-related question....I don't usually log out of ATS b/c no one else really uses my computer....When I leave ATS I go to another website or close the page....Am I still seen in the system as being logged in?? I guess to answer my own question, I never really have to log back in...but if I shut my computer down or don't come on ATS for a day or two, will it still show me as being logged on?

[edit on 12/22/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Oooo.... I just tried it out. Only one problem. When I view any posts I made while logged out (with cookies killed) it still says I'm on ATS. Is ATS spying on me or something? Or am I just paranoid and can't get the kill cookies button to do it's job?

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Enron I think you are classed as "online" for so many minutes after you access a page. (It may be 5 minutes). The software knows you are here beause your IP address is used to call down a page from the site. So after you leave you eventually go "offline".

This is great, especially as I sometimes visit from internet cafe's and manually had to delete the cookies when I logged off.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Thanks for anwsering my question all mighty Netchicken
BTW thanks for the new option Skeptic. Your always making life easier.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Am I right that this button is a result of my situation with my little bro and him going into chat without my knowing?

Just wondering...

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
brilliant, absolutely brilliant

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Skepticoverlord.

I gracefully bow down to you.

What a great option. One time I checked my name yekway on search to see if it came up with the right meaning, shame, it didnt.

But what it did come up with is ats and several posts. Im sure Im not the only one that this has happend too. (The meaning of yekway is unconqerable and the word comes from an african language), no Im not african, Im brittish. Born in England and rasied up in London,

I just dig the name!

Anyway back to you O great one, thanks for the addition and keep up the good work for 2005 and BEYOND!

Laterz!

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
"C is for cookie thats good enough for me"

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
startled me.

I saw the new option, so of course i press it. BOOM i am logged out and when i tryed to log back in, it gave me a 404 error. Finally was able to get back in after loging in in the member center.

Could you possibly incorporate kill cookies into the "logout" button and get rid of the kill cookies button? It seems that anyone that wants to log out would also want their cookies killed as well.

---pineapple

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Pinapple, as you experienced, thats what it already does.
Just imagine the button is called "Kill cookies /log out"

By killing your cookies it logs you out....

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Real nice. What did those cookies ever do to you?

top topics

join