It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Counterpunch Stuns U.S. and Iraq

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

They are weak people, if we don't do anything it will spill to our allys, and we will be forced at which point many many lives will be lost.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: amazing

Yes let us continue to allow the threat to grow! History has taught us nothing. The caliphate,the riech, the empire. Whatever interchangeable, how many mothers wish we had destroyed Hitler earlier , instead of appeasing these psychos. The world is in need of another cleaning and all of our hands are gonna have to get dirty again sorry it's the reality We are in bite the bullet.

I got friends walking around with damage from Iraq...It's not pretty. I hate it. We already took over Iraq completely and then we left a vacuum and puppet leaders with no backbone. I just would hate to see another couple of thousands of dead Americans and thousands more wounded. You know what I mean? Because after we defeat ISIS, then what?

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality
So nothing on the cost of what the war would be?
Doesn't surprise me, people that call for the war never want to talk about that small detail.

They may be weak but they seem be pretty damn good recruiters and they are guerrillas, which you know means we really don't how many of them there are or how long we will be fighting.

Short of just wiping the area out with bombs and innocents be damned, how long do you think we would be over there for?

If you say anything less then five years then we will just end this convo.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Amazing I have a destroyed shoulder and a pacemaker from Baghdad , we can't leave all was in vain we never left Germany.. I'm just saying this threat will continue to grow and I'm no armchair warrior.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

We never leave, stremmmos you know I'm x military the cost of war can be repaid in war debts, and rebuilding. Oil contracts etc etc etc. War fuels it a self that's not the point the point is allowing this threat evolve will have grave consequences and it looks like we are, so Mark my words.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I am former military my self, that doesn't mean I just assume those cost get repaid at every dollar.

That is far from the case, they go into some politicians pockets at the cost of our bothers and sisters lives.

ISIS is not the US's fight, we have done enough over there. Time for the ME to take care of its own issues, we have enough at home.

If they can make it across the Atlantic with the worlds most powerful navy guarding it then we can worry.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Let's give Israel a boatload of money and weapons for their defense and then pull everyone, everything and every dollar out of the whole Middle East.
Let the ISIS and Taliban and Druze and Brotherhood fight each other. Let them either descend into anarchy or create a whole new Fanaticstan state.
Meanwhile they bad guys are emigrating into Europe, signing up for welfare and having lots of little baby fanatics. Glad I'm not in that continent.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

What about our allies and the cost of genocide and war spreading through Europe ? What about the cost then? Since when did leave I,g a problem alone ever make it go away?

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I am not saying leave it alone, I am saying other people need to take care of it.
America needs to sit this one out, we have already spent decades over there blowing # up left and right.

We send them money and weapons and provide air strikes, it is not like we are leaving them out to dry.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Amazing I have a destroyed shoulder and a pacemaker from Baghdad , we can't leave all was in vain we never left Germany.. I'm just saying this threat will continue to grow and I'm no armchair warrior.

Much respect to you then brother!

I think the difference is with WW2 we had the resources and plans and pieces in place to put in new governments and prevent what's happening in IRAQ now. I don't think we or anyone has thought out what needs to take place there and what kind of government needs to be there now.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Well the threat will grow, and you'll eat your words. No worry we are following your agenda no boots on ground let's see what happens let's see the results of the other side of the,coin. Yay

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I fully believe our allies can defeat such a weak, your words, force that is ISIS.

We can fund and support from afar for a far less cost on the rest of us.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

No stremmos you misunderstood Isis is not weak the people they are conquering are.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: Willtell

Proven fact throughout history that untrained unmotivated troops break and run.

What they should've done was mandatory evacuate all civilians. Let Isis occupy it, then drop about 15 fuel air explosives on the city, then rebuild it.

That scenario would probably even end up costing less in the long run.

But apologists on here say that ISIS is losing ground and becoming weaker, despite recent events to the contrary . We should make sure they lose ground and are weaker by using your scenario.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The president of Iraq asked for a meeting of the 60 member “coalition” before the onslaught of the last ISIS attack and no one showed up!

I tell you folks the problem is the lack of leadership in Obama.

He is a spineless, useless leader.

For him to be pretending they have some powerful “coalition” is a crime.

Any coalition needs a leader who can inspire to victory, organize people behind an idea, and speak to the people about the issues; Obama has done none of that.

His golf game is improving though

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

What bothers me the most is the way the press and everyone looks at it in the finite. The headlines say "Isis has taken over Ramadi". Technically they are occupying it, the battle is far from over.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

edit on 21-5-2015 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: LoverBoy

I agree with you. It seems for every insurgent we kill and every casualty that may come along with it....it motivates 10 more to join them. This was my experience in Iraq.

This says so much!

And yes it is very, very sad and disgusting about what they are doing over there.
Which is what makes me so mad that all the countries over there just turn around and look at us to do something.

We can't afford another war people!
We never want to talk about that, war isn't free.
It is very costly!

I always ponder this. I wonder if the other ME countries are too afraid of ISIS terrorizing their countries if they should intervene or are condoning what ISIS does through their inaction.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join