It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mainstream climatologists were right after all (once again)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: buddah6

You do realize the coal industry is quite dirty. The miners get paid peanuts, while the industry destroys the area where they mine, pollute the nearby waters, and when the mine no longer produces leave without cleaning up their mess.

The regulations are there for a reason. Not everyone is okay with destroy the environment for profit.

If the UN had an Army, then the USA would be kept in check. Instead the US is free invade whatever country they can take and there is nothing the UN has been able to do about it.

I think I'm barking up an empty tree here. I'm fully aware of what the coal mining industry is and what is involved in it. You have obviously have been drinking the cool aide. You have only seen the worst case scenario portrayed by the lame-stream media trying to advance the green agenda.

You mean that you are really going to tell me that the UN has no military arm! Who fought the Korean War? I'll bet you'll say the US. It was a UN operation that only included the US.

BTW, I have relatives who have worked in coal mines and power plants so I have a fairly good idea of what goes on there. It's only the mega-corporation that strip mine that is the true culprit.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6
You have obviously have been drinking the cool aide. You have only seen the worst case scenario portrayed by the lame-stream media trying to advance the green agenda.

Real mature accusation there. I seriously doubt you are fully aware of what the coal industry is up to, but go ahead and assume you are so damn aware.

Also I really do not appreciate it when someone tells me what I have seen. I haven't had cable in over 5 years...

Knowing a grunt worker in a coal mine or power plant is NOT the same as being fully aware of what the business is up to. It is apparent that you have some sort of emotional attachment to coal mining, and that is ok. At one point in our history was a big player in our advancement and many were and still are proud to be coal miners. Now it is time to move away from coal and fossil fuels as we have advanced that we can bring other cleaner, renewable sources of energy to the grid.
edit on 23-5-2015 by jrod because: a

<< 1  2   >>

join