It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has there ever been.......

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Bush is hated because the people are taught to hate him.

For those who think their hatred of Bush is an original thought, you're wrong.

We vote, eat, sleep, work, live, among other things, based on advertisements of various forms.

The cultural advertisements, such as the Access Hollywood, Real World or the Biggest Loser are a cruel joke. We look to those that are "under" us for entertainment.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I think Pres. Lincoln was more hated then Pres. Bush. Remember the civil war, anyone? Of course, teacher says he was the greatest president to ever serve, and you all beleive teacher, but he was a tyrant. Most of the bigger things he is known for today were illegal. I am not speaking of the abolition of slavery (and he didn't do it single-handedly, FYI) of course I am glad there is no longer state-sponsored racism (unless, of course, you count many of the gun laws and drug laws as racist.) No, he planted the roots for the decline of the republic; he illegally forced his rule on others.

The President Lincoln we know today is not the same one known in his day. History is written by the winners. In his day, he was a much hated man, as the blood of our country men can attest to.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I guess the real glaring problem with Abe, is that there was a very serious and bloody war going on. Last time I checked, we aren't really fighting each other.

If you think the opposition is going to get crushed like the Southerners, then you underestimate how many are against Bush. Many voted for Bush that could turn on him in a minute, because they voted for line-item reasons. Same with Kerry.

This is a culture war, and that is what started the first civil war.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join