It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could a video predict Obama running as Hillary's VP?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I thought this was more funny than prediction or political. I haven't seen this video on awhile and it still cracks me up
Video

Wasn't able to imbed right, so linked.
edit on 18-5-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Now that would be an interesting thing.

If the old bag dies, who gets to be president? He's already served two terms. Do they skip him for the Speaker?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
I don't know. This part of the 22nd ammendment is a lil muirky "and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term."

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

If the old bag dies, who gets to be president? He's already served two terms. Do they skip him for the Speaker?
a She's only 67. John McCain is 11 years older and almost risked putting us in the position of him dying and Sarah taking over.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

It would be political suicide anyway, we are already seeing the distancing from ole barry from all sides, as per the usual.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I recall a thread here a few years back and it was determined that a past 2 term president can not hold the office of VP as it may result in that person ascending to the big seat again.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I recall a thread here a few years back and it was determined that a past 2 term president can not hold the office of VP as it may result in that person ascending to the big seat again.
Now, I don't want this to happen, but prior thread or not, the constitution addresses running for or being elected to. A quick google search has political pundits showing this as being a huge loophole left in the wording of all 3 articles addressing eligibility for President. I am not going to run around and find the discussions on the net, as I just wanted to show a funny video and was struck by some of the wording in the video. This is from before Obama was elected and she did indeed end up 'under Barack Obama'

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

That's exactly the point. He isn't eligible to be prez after Jan 2017. Thus he can't be in a position to allow that to happen.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

That's exactly the point. He isn't eligible to be prez after Jan 2017. Thus he can't be in a position to allow that to happen.

No, there is disagreement as to the constitutional wording. He can't run for president or be elected to it. If he 'becomes' acting President, due to the death of a President, that isn't the same. Same as if he were elected to Speaker of the House and both President and VP were unable to serve. T he wording seems to point out that he would finish the remainder of that President's term or temporarily be President if we have a process for a special election. It wouldn't just skip him and nothing stops him from being VP.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

It would be political suicide anyway, we are already seeing the distancing from ole barry from all sides, as per the usual.

The one article I saw...and this puts this on the edge of having the thread moved....discusses all of the constitutional articles and the Democratic Party worried that Hillary can't draw the young and urban vote that he could. She can't draw my vote and normally, as a die hard Democrat, I would just vote for the Democrat.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

According to the 22nd amendment, the maximum time a president could be active is 10 years the way I read it...so, technically he could be her vice president and take over duties as president if necessary, but then he would have to abdicate power to another if that time exceeded 10 years, but my questions would be why the hell would he want to and who the hell would vote for that ticket?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

a She's only 67. John McCain is 11 years older and almost risked putting us in the position of him dying and Sarah taking over.

Old Bag isn't so much a reference to her age as it is to other things about her.

Nobody likes her and she's been left holding the bag on a few things in her career which has more than tarnished her image.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

According to the 22nd amendment, the maximum time a president could be active is 10 years the way I read it...so, technically he could be her vice president and take over duties as president if necessary, but then he would have to abdicate power to another if that time exceeded 10 years...

Thanks for that input.
Something to think about.

... but my questions would be why the hell would he want to and who the hell would vote for that ticket?

Bingo. Besides there's 2 living ex-prezes that are more qualified. Carter and HW.
Only 1 term each.
And if that is unlikely, how much more so is this though?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Yeah with the exception of Bill's bags! Cough Cough!

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

The 12th Amendment says:

But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.

Obama is constitutionally ineligible to the office of the President, and is not eligible to that of Vice-President

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Unfortunately Carter could not make it the steps to be sworn in and HW should just stick to running his shadow CIA govt. I would rather see Palin and her short skirts, lol!

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Old Bag isn't so much a reference to her age as it is to other things about her.

Nobody likes her and she's been left holding the bag on a few things in her career which has more than tarnished her image.
True lol. I read that too literally.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Unfortunately Carter could not make it the steps to be sworn in and HW should just stick to running his shadow CIA govt. I would rather see Palin and her short skirts, lol!
Don't scare us with Sarah!

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Yeah with the exception of Bill's bags! Cough Cough!

I just thought that one was too soon.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Oh God! Horrific thought ... Bush/Clinton - Uniting the Country. Everyone wants bipartisanship. What would be more bipartisan than a mixed ticket.

Can I puke?

Nevermind. I puked anyhow.
edit on 18-5-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join