It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid physics questions

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: kcgads

I want to get down to what is the basis of everything else.

The question should be, why do you think there is one thing and one only that is the basis of everything? Seems to me that's a rather presumptuous assumption.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Seems to me that's a rather presumptuous assumption.

Or hopeful.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
In other words,y`all got nothing!

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf
It's like saying you see lots of different colors in the rainbow but you then ask "what is the one true color?"

Of course there's no answer to that question because the question itself is flawed.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf
In other words,y`all got nothing!

We do, and the answer is what I said - why do you think everything is made out of one thing?

Or put another way, there ISN'T one thing that everything's made from.
edit on 19-5-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Still leaves nothin`.

youtu.be...

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Hi, kcgads.

A reply to: kcgads
You said:

...physics questions

Your approach/questions is/are "partial". B-)

Why do you not also ask about what is in the brain or interacting with it.

If you think of a tree, can we touch it with a finger ????
Is it a field, a force, ...etc... ?

Soooo, to have a good idea of what the universes are, check the link
in the first line of my signature. It changed my views of the universes
and my ideas on the minds interacting with the universes !!

Blue skies.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: C-JEAN

Because I want to understand physics,and I have to start with the basics.

Understanding consciousness is way beyond that.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick
Please read Netbounds explanation. I think your getting mixed up with the definition of space. Take the notion space is expanding. No it's not. The known matter which we call our universe is expanding into space. That's technically an area, a space that ,as of yet, contains nothing. No one as yet has seen beyond our expanding matter.
As for red shifts or bending light this is NOT bending space, it's bending the photons or whatever matter you are registering. The bendings, as of yet, is put down to gravitational forces.
The same goes for the theory of bending space between places to make space travel quicker. The misnomer is that you can't bend space but you bend the fabric of space.
You can't bend space because space is just a concept word we put on an area of nothing.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: johnwick
Please read Netbounds explanation. I think your getting mixed up with the definition of space. Take the notion space is expanding. No it's not. The known matter which we call our universe is expanding into space.
I don't know if that's something you think netbound said, but netbound didn't say that. Netbound's posts looked about right to me but space is expanding according to the consensus "standard model of Big Bang cosmology":

ΛCDM Model

The ΛCDM (Lambda cold dark matter) or Lambda-CDM model is a parametrization of the Big Bang cosmological model in which the universe contains a cosmological constant, denoted by Lambda (Greek Λ), associated with dark energy, and cold dark matter (abbreviated CDM). It is frequently referred to as the standard model of Big Bang cosmology...

The model includes an expansion of metric space that is well documented both as the red shift of prominent spectral absorption or emission lines in the light from distant galaxies and as the time dilation in the light decay of supernova luminosity curves.
The model says space is expanding. I don't think you understand netbound's explanation which didn't contradict the ΛCDM model like you did.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: kcgads

Space, or rather spacetime, is the fabric of the universe.

Matter is the result of vibrations in spacetime.

At least, that's the best science has been able to do so far.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join