It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Golf Courses going "Brown" on Purpose

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist

"Brown is the new green". Soon they will be drinking their own urine and calling it champagne.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

"Brown is the new green". Soon they will be drinking their own urine and calling it champagne.

Wut?

Seriously?

I don't have the slightest idea what your point is........

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I think your idea is great. Just let the yard grow with desert condition plants. Plant some cacti ect.

But the gulf course guys must put a spin on it. Its the new "green"!

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

I think your idea is great. Just let the yard grow with desert condition plants. Plant some cacti ect.

But the gulf course guys must put a spin on it. Its the new "green"!

Okay, yeah, I think I see what you're saying.

Whatever it takes, though - right? "Brown is the new green".... if that's what it takes for golfers/country-club members to buy into it, then - well, that's what it takes.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

They should start importing some dromedaries. The new horse for the area.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Good for them, in voluntarily leading the way and setting an example.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Buzzy, I appreciate your enthusiasm and concern for the drought out here in CA.
I know Golf course are an easy target for water wasters, big green patch of grass next to a brown dry desert, right. But I think the biggest water waster which needs some attention are the oil companies.

I know many golf course superintendents (the ones responsible for the course maintenance) and been around golf my whole life. I know Golf courses need to have good detailed water management programs. These programs are birthed from years of regulations and best practices. The Superintendents have much respect for the ecology and resources available to them, they don't just pump water recklessly until their satisfied.

Contrast that to the oil companies, they have their places out here in the desert too but out of sight out of mind. They rely heavily on water and have Insufficient water management programs, with very little regulations. With a history of little respect for the environment.

I don't mean to change the subject, just something I was thinking about.

Oil Field Water Management The Oil and Gas Industry's Holy Grail

edit on 19-5-2015 by Observationalist because: Added link to relevant article

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist

I'm very enthused about conservation and sustainability. Have been all my life. My parents took us nearly every year to the desert southwest for vacations....Arches, Dinosaur, the Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion, all of those.

When I was 17 my parents and I went on a three-week summer-school course with my uncle (a geologist) and learned all about the ecology of that area.

THANKS for your participation!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join