Hi everyone and thanks for checking out my thread. First off a little about myself and what I am hoping to accomplish. I'm 20 years old currently
working as an IT consultant in Manhattan. This post started as an idea to allow me to travel the USA without fear of being in financial turmoil and
still be able to support my single mother back home. I want to travel the USA to find myself and grow but still find a temporary job in each state I
stop in to support my family and me. On this trip I have many goals which I will list below. The purpose of this post is to try to find people
offering temporary jobs in each state I stop in. This will allow me to chase my hobby of driving to scenic places each state has to offer and also
allow me to meditate and grow while meeting new people and learning new trades. This post will be broken up into different sections; my end goal after
this journey, goals to accomplish while traveling, my resume, financial expenses I hope to get covered by salary offered from temporary jobs and a map
of my travel path.
My end goal is to take everything I have learned through my travels and try and make the world a better place.
Goals I want to accomplish as I travel
- Meet at least 20 new people in every state.
- Make as much people smile as possible in each state.
- work on a project car with someone to learn how to take care of my own.
- drive to all the scenic places the state has to offer.
- learn new skills.
- work on a farm.
- see nature.
- experience breath taking views.
- Work with animals.
- learn to master the guitar.
- learn to surf.
- make lasting relationships.
- learn about myself and others.
- connect with the community.
- make new friends.
- become more socially graceful.
- get into the best shape of my life.
- master mediation.
- Find myself.
- Master lucid dreaming.
- Be happy and make others happy.
I have a copy on my computer at home. Will update post with an updated resume ASAP. Here's a quick run down of my experience:
- Pathmark cashier for 5 months in high school.
- Cutco sales representative for 3 months in high school.
- Macy's seasonal security guard for 3 months after high school.
- Security guard for Manhattan School of Music for 6 months a year ago.
- IT consultant since January of 2015 (left security for this job).
I was previously Comp TIA A+ certified, IC3 certified but those expired a few months ago. I am still a licensed security guard in NYC. I realize
that I don't hold down jobs for long but I've left all jobs of my own will and have never been fired or terminated by a manager/owner. I am hard
working and have good manners but I am honestly unhappy working my life away and living free 2 days a week when the weekend comes around.
My current monthly financial expenses
Money I give to my mom to help out with the house: $660
Money for my car insurance as a new young driver: $484
Money for phone bill (use phone as GPS and to keep in contact): $80
Money for misc. items such as gas and food (estimation): $200-$400
Math was never my strong subject but if my calculations was correct the minimum wage that would support these expenses would be $10.00/HR. I
understand this is a lot to ask for but I'm hoping someone could offer me a job that would fit this. As for how long I would be working for in each
state that depends on if I've met a minimum of 20 new people each state, visited all the scenic areas and learned something new and feel I grew
spiritually and should move on. I would say the minimum would be a month.
Working on the map now, will update ASAP.
edit on 18-5-2015 by stopxmove because: error with underline tag.
edit on 18-5-2015 by stopxmove because: added to
edit on 18-5-2015 by stopxmove because: (no reason given)