It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

William Mcneilly

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

What, you don't think every senior officer or civil servant doesn't already know what the failings of our aged Trident are right now? Really?
Until this election I can guarantee that all reports have stopped at a desk in Whitehall, you know the place where budgets are allocated. Everyone below that just has to suck it up and improvise repairs or whatever, if what this guy says is true.

The whole idea of a nuclear deterrent is that other countries believe we have one. This guy is a traitor in my mind, shouting to the world that we don't have a working deterrent, if he is indeed telling it as it is.
Upgrades and refits cost money, and with all the uncertainty up to the election, budgets have been squeezed so I'm sure there have been temporary 'fixes' all over the fleet.
Thankfully we have a majority government supporting the new Trident and it can now progress along with fixing any current problems now no other political party can vote them down.

...but shouting to the world "Our nuclear subs don't work!" be that true or not, it's the action of a fool or a traitor.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
....the action of a fool or a traitor.

Rudolph Hess knew he would be called a madman and a traitor. He didn't let that stop him from carrying out his personal peace mission.

My coming to England in this way is, as I realize, so unusual that nobody will easily understand it. I was confronted by a very hard decision. I do not think I could have arrived at my final choice unless I had continually kept before my eyes the vision of an endless line of children's coffins with weeping mothers behind them, both English and German, and another line of coffins of mothers with mourning children.

William McNeilly has seen enough to know Trident presents a Fukushima style risk. He has acted where others kept silent for the money.

In my experience the military are 20 to 30 years behind in terms of social development. I remember the anti-work ethic at some of my places of employment in the past. Those who tried hard and made the effort to improve things were insulted by the lazy majority whose lack of interest and effort was highlighted by the few who tried.

It appears the same issue afflicts our nuclear subs. Trying to improve safety and efficiency draws fire from the rest who want to spend their time blipping on video games or indulging in low-brow banter.

In a desperate situation a bluff may be all you have. As a permanent deterrent it's beyond foolish.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
No word of him handing himself in yet. Worst case scenario he has been lifted by an unfriendly intelligence agency. I'm hoping he'll turn up with witnesses at the police station of his choice.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   

He's in and safe. www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk... I've got a feeling he'll be treated well.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Of course he's in and safe, it's not like he actually disclosed anything of value. He'll be treated like a jobsworth health and safety nut. Because that's all he is, a little jobsworth health and safety nut. (Had to say it twice to reiterate the fact.)

He's worthless to foreign agencies and worthless to the Royal Navy. In fact, he actually pretty worthless to everyone. If there's something I hate it's these little health and safety snot-nosed punks poo-pooing on everyone's party.

Time to dissolve back into obscurity McNeilly. lol!!!!!
edit on 19-5-2015 by socketdude because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
William McNeilly has seen enough to know Trident presents a Fukushima style risk. He has acted where others kept silent for the money.
You don't know any of that.
Neither do I of course, but I'm not the one making assertions here.

The story will quickly die in any case, he broke the official secrets act and he isn't going to be saying much in public for quite a while now, whether or not he was actually telling the truth.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Just posting back in this thread to part with a smug grin that it got zero stars and flags. Haha.

Take THAT you dirty wee flag poacher! Bet you thought you'd get a ton of stars n flags. Hahaha!!

<< 1   >>

join