It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US government HAS the ability to simulate EMP or flare blackout.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I just want to go on the record as electrical engineer that creating a device(s) that can emit EMP and fry computers and energy infrastructure is very much doable.

To get rid of national debt which is stifling the economy, other countries or convenient terrorists could get blamed as the cause. The only way we would know if we are under real attack or under false flag is the severity.

I don't think government would be willing to destroy the country in order to save it. Real EMP attack would completely devastate everything there would be NO returning to normal.

False flag blackouts on the other hand would be less severe and more selective, also restoration of power would be done within a month or two. False flag EMP attack would also utilize loss of power more than actual frying of your computer and smart phone.

Real EMP or extreme solar flare would fry your devices so that even if you had power they wouldn't work.

I just want there to be a record and I'll post this on few other sites.

Real EMP or not, Government would use the crisis to move further toward having more power and citizens less rights. The goal is return to Roman times. King and slaves with few rich citizens thrown in the mix.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Just FYI, I see future where poor people are forced to fight to the death in arenas for pleasure of top elite.

Of course they would make sure winner dies in the end too. Too bad no one will tell those guys there are no winners.
edit on 18-5-2015 by Aboveway because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Aboveway

I just want to go on the record as electrical engineer that creating a device(s) that can emit EMP and fry computers and energy infrastructure is very much doable.

They're called nuclear weapons. Of course anything you might need electricity for is destroyed by them anyway, so…

Real EMP attack would completely devastate everything there would be NO returning to normal.

Thats a myth. As an "electrical engineer" you should know that.

ETA: EMP myths
edit on 18-5-2015 by intrptr because: link

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
It isn't hard to create something that would fry the newer electronics. The older electronics were a little better than the stuff we have now. I have to wonder, are they purposely making the stuff to be susceptable? Almost every car made in the last five years has circuitry to disable it built in. They can disable our cars with the right frequency. How do I know, I know someone who attaches a device to it that won't let a car start if someone does not pay their payments to the company who is financing the vehicle. The guy who told me about it said they are only tapping into the circuitry that is already there and that circuitry is active. It is required to be there on all cars sold in the US after a certain date. I don't remember the date, and I don't know how it works either. Now, he may be mistaken, but then again I feel he is not. I can see it being beneficial if the government could shut autos down in an area. They do not cut out when moving, just when the car is stopped.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I think they pretty much just turn all electronic and electrical devices off to simulate an EMP attack. They have been able to do this for quite sometime.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I think my house has been under EMP attack for a few days every month. Then again it could be a coincidence I forget to pay the electric bill...but strange still.

On a serious note, I feel an EMP attack doesn't bring the same fear as a nuke or other terror attacks. Therefore probably note used as a scare tactic. I'm not saying one is more devastating than the other...but an EMP is something we may not have to worry about for a while when we are even more reliant on impractical tech.
If I had a choice maybe a massive natural solar flare would be for the best. Wipe us all back to primitive ways. A lot of people will die...but in the world today a lot of people die anyway...just not as many in the west as Africa and 3rd world countries.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: liteonit6969

If I had a choice maybe a massive natural solar flare would be for the best. Wipe us all back to primitive ways. A lot of people will die...but in the world today a lot of people die anyway...just not as many in the west as Africa and 3rd world countries.

Therefore, the EMP weapon (very easy to make) would be
the perfect weapon.... 1) unprepared people would kill each
other; and 2) all the infrastructure is left in tact.

If there are "real" terrorist in the world--this would be no brainier.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I think they pretty much just turn all electronic and electrical devices off to simulate an EMP attack. They have been able to do this for quite sometime.

They can play games with the internet and only supply information from state controlled outlets. Simple really.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Watching too much Game of Thrones perhaps?

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I don't know where you get your facts but you are wrong.

EMP generator with a strong enough capacitor and discharge can be built without use of nukes.

You are also wrong that there would be return to normal. It would take 25 years to restore to current power structure.

And just so it happens that human lifespan would drop to 50, so that would be half a lifetime to restore infrastructure across the nation.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

You are talking about a dampening field like US presidential limos have.

Yes they could do it but this is very expensive and to do it on a national level, lets just say I wouldn't want to be in charge of billing and planning.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Real EMP or extreme solar flare would fry your devices so that even if you had power they wouldn't work.

Any solar flare extreme enough to fry my devices has never occurred. If it did, my devices would be the least of my worries.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The latest luxury cars are so computerized, it disgusts me to be honest

Has pedal, breaks, hand breaks. Everything now is computerized and this not a good idea mark my words.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Any solar flare extreme enough to fry my devices has never occurred. If it did, my devices would be the least of my worries.

You never heard of Carrington event.

You must be young kid born in the 90s

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Huh.
So, the internet is a bad idea.
Got it.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: wasaka
Therefore, the EMP weapon (very easy to make) would be
the perfect weapon.... 1) unprepared people would kill each
other; and 2) all the infrastructure is left in tact.

If there are "real" terrorist in the world--this would be no brainier

Yes I agree but then there are also false flags not just terrorist.

That's the problem, like being between 2 fires.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You must be young kid born in the 90s

You must be old if you were around in the 1800s.

The Carrington event was not caused by a solar flare, it was caused by a CME.
That CME created a severe geomagnetic storm.

Geomagnetic storms do not affect "devices." Geomagnetic storms affect long conductors, not integrated circuits.

You are not an electrical engineer.

edit on 5/19/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Lets say you are correct and let's say GeoMagnetic storm knocks out power.

What good is your smart phone and PC at your local bank without power.

It would take 25 years to manufacture parts and restore power nationwide.

That was IF you were right.

But you are not right, I've known book smart people like you my whole life, you get good grades but you have no real life experience and can't build nothing if your life depended on it.

ALL integrated circuits depend on unshielded copper wires at some point like in your PC right now.

I am definitely an engineer and I know 100 % you are not.
edit on 19-5-2015 by Aboveway because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Lets say you are correct and let's say GeoMagnetic storm knocks out power.
I am.

What good is your smart phone and PC at your local bank without power.
None.

It would take 25 years to manufacture parts and restore power nationwide.
Among other things, you assume that transformers would be affected nationwide. Not a good assumpton.

That was IF you were right.
I am. Solar flares do not affect power grids.

But you are not right, I've known book smart people like you my whole life,
So, you are an electrical engineer who is not "book smart." I got that, but I'm not clear on the concept.

edit on 5/19/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aboveway

What decade YOU posting from?

The Navy was using Empress I back in '72. Since then, there are hundreds of EMP simulators running every day in the US alone.

The US has been cranking away on e-bombs, as have the Brits, since the early 80s. There's any number of approaches now, from British Vircator cannon to USAF's flying CARMs-o-Doom.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join