It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former TN Candidate For US Congress and Christian Extremist Arrested In Terror Plot

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

That is why I said before that it will be a clash of religious believes for control of who is the dominant religion, he is not the first Christian fundamentalism to feel like in the war path, I am sure is plenty just like him, the same way that is plenty with ISIS sentiments in the US from Islam followers.

Now, what I wonder is how radical was the NY community if radical at all.

I bet that if ISIS starts to cause terror in the US we many see worst things happening as retaliation.

Religious wars are alive and well in the minds of the believers.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Yea. And why this community of muslims. They are so far away from him. There are large muslim communities that are way closer to him. Thats what makes me think of a larger force behind him. Some group making plans and calling the shots.

. a reply to: marg6043

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
What I'd like to know is why this isn't being more widely reported. I know others have stated the same thing, but that's very odd. The guy planned to burn a place down, and kill anyone that got in the way, and surely anyone inside while it burned, and there are no major news stories on it? Very weird!

Crazy people come in all sorts of packages.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Very true. I was only staying within context.

Thanks. And sorry if I sounded a little edgy. People where I live constantly equate "terrorism" with "Islam", even though the definition of terrorism has nothing to do with religions.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

My guess is because He's a Christian attacking Muslims here in America and most importantly because he's also an ex-congressional candidate.

It's one thing to have some normal person go all religiously nuts and attack people, but when he's also an ex-lawmaker that makes those in the system look bad. Or look worse anyway, since they already look pretty bad now. But to have one of their own go crackers all of a sudden with so many more like him in office is super hinky if ya know what I mean.

For example, I can see Gordon Klingenschmitt, Bobby Jindal, Ted Cruz and Mike Huckabee about one good drinking binge away from doing this too.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

a reply to: WarminIndy

From his own Facebook

“Our small group will soon be faced with the fight of our lives. We will offer those lives as collateral to prove our commitment to our God,” said Doggart in a Facebook post. “We shall be Warriors who will inflict horrible numbers of casualties upon the enemies of our Nation and World Peace.”

There is no charge for Christian extremism or even Muslim extremism. It's terminology for people who take their beliefs to the extreme of violently acting against those they feel act against their cause is... which is God and country in this case.

Look at who is charging him.....

This is dangerous and something I had warned about 10 years ago and no one listened to me. Just because the guy is a Christian, he might just have extremist views, but it seems his extremism is recent.

I kept telling people if they keep kicking the dog, it's going to turn around and bite back.

Umm, do you not realize the irony in your statements? Do you not realize how much the West has damaged the Middle East since the fall of the Ottoman Empire? Think about the millions of Muslims killed by the West just since 9/11, even when those Muslims had done nothing against the West. Extremist groups use the exact same argument you used to justify their actions against the West.

"An eye for an eye" simply doesn't work. Otherwise, people can justify any atrocity with it. And yes, they should label this "Christian terrorism" because the guy is an ordained preacher & was striving to commit a terrorist act in the name of his beliefs.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

From his own Facebook

“Our small group will soon be faced with the fight of our lives. We will offer those lives as collateral to prove our commitment to our God,” said Doggart in a Facebook post. “We shall be Warriors who will inflict horrible numbers of casualties upon the enemies of our Nation and World Peace.”

There is no charge for Christian extremism or even Muslim extremism. It's terminology for people who take their beliefs to the extreme of violently acting against those they feel act against their cause is... which is God and country in this case.

This is dangerous and something I had warned about 10 years ago and no one listened to me. Just because the guy is a Christian, he might just have extremist views, but it seems his extremism is recent.

I kept telling people if they keep kicking the dog, it's going to turn around and bite back.

Umm, do you not realize the irony in your statements? Do you not realize how much the West has damaged the Middle East since the fall of the Ottoman Empire? Think about the millions of Muslims killed by the West just since 9/11, even when those Muslims had done nothing against the West. Extremist groups use the exact same argument you used to justify their actions against the West.

"An eye for an eye" simply doesn't work. Otherwise, people can justify any atrocity with it. And yes, they should label this "Christian terrorism" because the guy is an ordained preacher & was striving to commit a terrorist act in the name of his beliefs.

Most respectfully,
Armenian Genocide.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

From his own Facebook

Most respectfully,
Armenian Genocide.

I don't understand. What does that have to do with my post? I can't read your mind so you'll have to spell it out for me.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
i wouldnt have lost much sleep over it

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I'm really just showing the hypocrisy of calling out Muslims and saying that they aren't holding Muslim extremism accountable and the idea of blaming all Muslims for the extremism of the few. Do these accusations I'm making about Christianity hurt? Good. Stop doing them about Muslims.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I wish I could be botherted to go back through the threads to find the ones with all the right wingers complaining that the US govt thinks they're more of a threat to America than ISIS.

Remember that outrage and indignation at the mere thought?

Never mind the fact that there have already been two "Christian" seminars this year where violence and talk of "war" was openly debated - all because of LGBT equality, of all things.

Never mind the constant threads on this very forum with right wingers claiming a violent revolution is perfectly acceptable, all because they are not happy with the way the democratically elected government is doing things.

Never mind the constant attacks on Muslims in the country, or the threats made by white supremacists (who also happen to be Republican and Christian 90% of the time) or the biker gangs (again predominantly white supremacists, homophobes, Republicans, Christians...)

Yeah, it's so hard to see why the government would deem all these radicals as dangerous, right? lol

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
What I'd like to know is why this isn't being more widely reported. I know others have stated the same thing, but that's very odd. The guy planned to burn a place down, and kill anyone that got in the way, and surely anyone inside while it burned, and there are no major news stories on it? Very weird!

Crazy people come in all sorts of packages.

Because the media doesn't like to change the narrative of "terrorist = Muslim", when most of these organizations and presenters are Christian.

They don't want to be on air exposing their own hypocrisy and bias, so they'll just ignore it almost completely and pretend that this isn't happening.

Can't have Americans realizing that ALL religious delusion is a threat, including their precious Christianity.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Exactly. Terrorism isn't a problem unique to one religion.

You're right.

The only difference is this was one religious Christian Psycho guilty of a thought crime versus:

-Attempting to kill everyone in a free speech convention for drawing cartoons.
-Slaughtering 12 for drawing a cartoon, including executing an innocent, unarmed, wounded police officer on the sidewalk in cold blood
-Murdering innocent people in a Cafe' because . . . . reasons
-Beheading an innocent woman because . . . reasons
-Burning down a crowded gay night club
-Blowing up a crowded marathon race, killing 4 and maiming hundreds including children who lost limbs

Hmm wait, let me look at that again through a Liberal Muslim apologist lens. . . . . .

No wait, yep, we got apples to apples here! A thought crime is just as bad executing innocent people up to and including beheadings!

edit on 19-5-2015 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

I wish I could be botherted to go back through the threads to find the ones with all the right wingers complaining that the US govt thinks they're more of a threat to America than ISIS.

Remember that outrage and indignation at the mere thought?

Never mind the fact that there have already been two "Christian" seminars this year where violence and talk of "war" was openly debated - all because of LGBT equality, of all things.

Never mind the constant threads on this very forum with right wingers claiming a violent revolution is perfectly acceptable, all because they are not happy with the way the democratically elected government is doing things.

Never mind the constant attacks on Muslims in the country, or the threats made by white supremacists (who also happen to be Republican and Christian 90% of the time) or the biker gangs (again predominantly white supremacists, homophobes, Republicans, Christians...)

Yeah, it's so hard to see why the government would deem all these radicals as dangerous, right? lol

Constant attacks on Muslims? What about Jews? Jews who are 4 times more likely to be victims of hate crimes than Muslims?

www.frontpagemag.com...
www.westernjournalism.com...
www.jewhatredoncampus.org...

Sorry, am I ruining your narrative here?

Religious bikers? Are you serious? Bikers are quite possibly the least religious crime group in the US. White supremacists? Maybe you haven't heard of the Vagos, Bandidos and the Mongols? Bikers are probably the most ethnically diverse 'gang' type in the states. Show me some White Crips, Mexican Bloods or Black Mexican Mafia please.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

The biggest community of middle eastern migrants is located in Detroit, but the majority are not Islam followers but Christian.

I guess that is why such big concentration is not been targeted by Christian fundamentalist in the war path.

Also, does anybody have any information of why he may have targeted NY?

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Must have been whooped up by Judge Jeanine Pirro. She does come on a little strong.

www.youtube.com...

"Are we MORONS?"

maybe

# 437
edit on 19-5-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: sp Jeanine Pirro (Judge)

edit on 19-5-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Woodcarver

The biggest community of middle eastern migrants is located in Detroit, but the majority are not Islam followers but Christian.

I guess that is why such big concentration is not been targeted by Christian fundamentalist in the war path.

Also, does anybody have any information of why he may have targeted NY?

Yes, I gave that information earlier and it was quickly trounced.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

originally posted by: Rocker2013

Constant attacks on Muslims? What about Jews? Jews who are 4 times more likely to be victims of hate crimes than Muslims?

www.frontpagemag.com...
www.westernjournalism.com...
www.jewhatredoncampus.org...

Sorry, am I ruining your narrative here?

Religious bikers? Are you serious? Bikers are quite possibly the least religious crime group in the US. White supremacists? Maybe you haven't heard of the Vagos, Bandidos and the Mongols? Bikers are probably the most ethnically diverse 'gang' type in the states. Show me some White Crips, Mexican Bloods or Black Mexican Mafia please.

I read this and wondered why you had to mention biker gangs as you did, then I read the post.....

WOW, biker gangs of Republicans, wow.

A biker gang is a biker gang. Old white Republicans riding motorcycles are not gangs. They are just old white guys who think they are cool to ride motorcycles, but those old white Republicans worked and saved money to buy motorcycles to ride around on thinking they are cool.

Biker gangs are not Christian. But perhaps the person posting that doesn't realize that the biggest and most famous biker gang is called..wait for it....wait....HELL'S ANGELS.

List of outlaw biker gangs
Oh yes, Vagos, Bandidos and Mongols are on the list.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Wow. The court documents (shown on the Heavy site), indicate that he is not exactly "out" - he's on house arrest with no internet, no alcohol, and reporting to a Probation Officer - as well as being in mental health treatment. Two of his adult daughters are supervising him, and he's wearing an ankle bracelet or whatever. He can't leave his house except to go to meetings and treatment.

They say he has "unspecified" personality disorder, anxiety and depression, as well as chronic pain (skeletal degeneration).

This is really disturbing. What disturbs me just as much as his terror plot is that he was ALLOWED TO RUN FOR OFFICE.
9,000+ people voted for him, and part of his campaign was that he was "smarter than the president."

IMO, ALL people running for office should be tested for mental soundness, but I guess that's way too much to ask (anyone who would want to run for office is crazy, in my opinion, but a person with a documented and properly diagnosed Personality Disorder should not be allowed.

Anyway, interesting find, Kali, thanks for sharing it. What an embarrassment of an American.
S/F

ANyone can run for office--that's part of a free society.

The question is, was he a real credible terrorist or simply loony-tunes who talked a lot?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Wow. The court documents (shown on the Heavy site), indicate that he is not exactly "out" - he's on house arrest with no internet, no alcohol, and reporting to a Probation Officer - as well as being in mental health treatment. Two of his adult daughters are supervising him, and he's wearing an ankle bracelet or whatever. He can't leave his house except to go to meetings and treatment.

They say he has "unspecified" personality disorder, anxiety and depression, as well as chronic pain (skeletal degeneration).

This is really disturbing. What disturbs me just as much as his terror plot is that he was ALLOWED TO RUN FOR OFFICE.
9,000+ people voted for him, and part of his campaign was that he was "smarter than the president."

IMO, ALL people running for office should be tested for mental soundness, but I guess that's way too much to ask (anyone who would want to run for office is crazy, in my opinion, but a person with a documented and properly diagnosed Personality Disorder should not be allowed.

Anyway, interesting find, Kali, thanks for sharing it. What an embarrassment of an American.
S/F

ANyone can run for office--that's part of a free society.

The question is, was he a real credible terrorist or simply loony-tunes who talked a lot?

I'm betting looney-tunes who talked a lot.
His church that he was ordained in doesn't espouse violence, so he probably just flipped one day. That's kind of like that Michael Douglas movie Falling Down

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join