It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former TN Candidate For US Congress and Christian Extremist Arrested In Terror Plot

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

A Tennessee man, who made a failed bid for Congress last year as an independent with extreme right wing beliefs, has admitted in federal court to planning an attack on a Muslim community in New York.

Robert Doggart, 63, was recorded on a wiretapped phone talking about his plan to travel along with members of a private militia to an area near Hancock, New York, known as Islamberg, to burn down a mosque, school and cafeteria, while gunning down anyone from the community who tried to stop them.

Heavy.com

Doggart was first ordered detained, however, Federal Magistrate Susan Lee later allowed his release on certain conditions after attorneys said he had weaned himself from pain medication and had stopped abusing alcohol. The government opposed his release, saying he remains a danger.
According to a criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Chattanooga , much of the evidence against Robert R. Doggart was obtained by Federal Bureau of Investigation agents from numerous wiretap interceptions of the defendant’s cell phone calls authorized on March 15 by Federal Judge Sandy Mattice.

In addition to the phone calls during March and April, He also posted threats against the Upstate New York town on Facebook, according to an affidavit by FBI Special Agent James G. Smith.

Chattanoogan.com

This is incredibly disturbing on a number of levels. This is a man, a minister (ordained through an online non-denominational church) that ran for public office and there is not one MSM source reporting on this. So far the only sources I've found are Alternet, Heavy, a Chattanooga local news site... and Facebook discussions. Doggart was planning to burn down Mosques and schools and shoot anyone that tried to interfere, but only faces one charge that carries a sentence of 0-5 years and has been released on bail.

The target of the plot was an often subject of FOX news, a Muslim community in Hancock, New York... self dubbed as Islamberg. FOX repeatedly paints it as a terrorist training ground though the FBI and local law state there's nothing sinister going on there.

+1 more 
posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

So since he is a terrorist that means we are going to lock him up in Guantanamo Bay or a similar prison complex and torture him for information right? After all that's what we'd do if he were Muslim.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Exactly. Terrorism isn't a problem unique to one religion.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Scum, the lowest of the low, and in my opinion right up there with paedos - anyone that (and I don't care the reason) targets schools or places of worship that have (the possibility of) innocent children, women or men present deserves condemnation, in both this life and the next.

May he, and those who intended to assist, be punished to the full extent of the law.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Exactly. Terrorism isn't a problem unique to one religion.

I'm sure you mean "terrorism isn't a problem unique to one group of people", right? Because terrorism doesn't even have to involve religion.

+3 more 
posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

What a bastard.

Just as no genuine Muslim would consider the ISIS route through life, no genuine believer in Christ would plan an attack on a community this way. Violent extremists, no matter what they claim to represent, or who they claim they act on behalf of, invalidate their ideology by espousing the least palatable of human qualities. I hope he gets locked up somewhere horrible, and never sees the light of day.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Very true. I was only staying within context.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Should be a simple concept to grasp, yet here we are... still. I hope that very soon we can crawl out of this sewer.
edit on 5/18/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I would expect the msm except fox to be all over this, with tag lines like "see not only Muslims are terrorists" and "Christians are terrorists too".

The fact it isn't being reported on is quite odd.

Good find, thanks for sharing Kali.

SnF

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Scum, the lowest of the low, and in my opinion right up there with paedos - anyone that (and I don't care the reason) targets schools or places of worship that have (the possibility of) innocent children, women or men present deserves condemnation, in both this life and the next.

May he, and those who intended to assist, be punished to the full extent of the law.

I agree fully, throw the book at em, I hope none of them ever breathes free air again in their lives.

Bunch of pos scumbags.

The thing that makes me the most angry is the part about "gunning down anyone in the community that tries to stop them".

Like the whole community wouldn't try to stop them.

Were these sickos planning on murdering an entire town?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Wow. The court documents (shown on the Heavy site), indicate that he is not exactly "out" - he's on house arrest with no internet, no alcohol, and reporting to a Probation Officer - as well as being in mental health treatment. Two of his adult daughters are supervising him, and he's wearing an ankle bracelet or whatever. He can't leave his house except to go to meetings and treatment.

They say he has "unspecified" personality disorder, anxiety and depression, as well as chronic pain (skeletal degeneration).

This is really disturbing. What disturbs me just as much as his terror plot is that he was ALLOWED TO RUN FOR OFFICE.
9,000+ people voted for him, and part of his campaign was that he was "smarter than the president."

IMO, ALL people running for office should be tested for mental soundness, but I guess that's way too much to ask (anyone who would want to run for office is crazy, in my opinion, but a person with a documented and properly diagnosed Personality Disorder should not be allowed.

Anyway, interesting find, Kali, thanks for sharing it. What an embarrassment of an American.
S/F
edit on 5/18/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Sadly, Christian extremism is more prominent than we ever hear about and almost never in the MSM. While we continually hear about foiled plots by Islamic terrorists that the FBI fabricates by infiltrating Muslim groups and Mosques and 'recruiting' the mentally ill and easily manipulated by using the same tactics actual terrorist recruiters use (brainwashing)... the same crap Christian extremists or any extremists of any kind use.

Sounds so fictional...

Just to be clear to anyone reading or replying to this thread, I'm not attacking Christians or Christianity. I'm only trying to dismiss the myth that Muslims are the only ones capable of deadly extremism and the double standard of major media.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
There was a triple murder in one of the more affluent suburbs in my city where a man traveled up here from Springfield, MO and shot a bunch of random people at a Jewish Org campus (they weren't Jews, they were there for a rehearsal of some sort). That guy is being considered for the death penalty.

more info about it here. Apparently he was in court just last week and said he wanted to fire all of his attorneys and represent himself at trial. His attorneys tried to plea bargain his way out of facing the death penalty, but he apparently doesn't want to do that.

He is a guy in his 70s who is a known Neo-Nazi.
edit on 5/18/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Threats against schools coupled with an undisclosed mental health disorder ... Geeeze, lock him up in a secure mental health facility for the sake of public safety as well as for his own safety. He can go back and forth to the trial from the facility. IMHO better to be safe than sorry.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Greetings and Salutations-
Anything more on "The Preacher"? One could opine that it would be news or it could be fodder for an upcoming "Reality T.V." show. While going " 'round the horn" (also known as "Channel Surfing") I ran across a snippet of "L.A. Preacher$" and then because I make "The Big Lap" (around all the channels via the DishNetwork™) I ran across the "Bible Belt" (channels 250+ right before/after the Latin crap I also didn't order..)

On "L.A. Preachers" one of the Preachers was talking about "Swag" and style and tried to explain why He needed $$$ to pay for His 8 bodyguards. Another was talking about His "women problems" (plural) while yet another was thinking about marrying the Mother of His child. When I got to the "Bible Belt" the Preacher was asking for ¢a$h donations all whilst wearing a $35k watch..

But perhaps this will lead to: Who exactly is a "Chris†ian™" because it seems that each/EVERY time an instance like this occurs a "sect" will come out and say that this guy isn't a "True Chris†ian" i.e. "The Mormons aren't Christian" "Oh, the J.W. aren't true Christians" "Westboro Baptist..." x infinity.

Kinda like the way they view The Bible. Which One You ask? Answer: Exactly.

Worship = War Ship

namaste

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
All of this violence should be expected when these religions texts plainly call for extreme violence. Christian and muslim. Not every one focuses on the sunshine and rainbows that are also in these books. Some folks focus on the parts that command violence. These books are pushed on people at a very young age, so they don't all have a choice or even the mental faculty to discern right from wrong. They are raised to believe what others in their communities believe. The average person doesn't have violent tendencies, but there are plenty of folks who do. When they find justification from "the word of god" to go out and perform violence, everyone seems surprised. It is plainly written in both books. It is a known phenom that people will cherry pick what words they can to say that the bible supports their views No surprise for me. Not that anyone needs a book to justify their own violent nature, but no one can deny that those commands are in there. Everyones has seen them. Why the surprise? Why do good people still support these religions?

I live in TN now. While i wouldn't say that racism and xenophobia are the norm, i can def attest that they are common. This guy and his fellows are simply planning what i hear many people saying they would like to do as well. I hear this kind of violent rhetoric all the time. Always from people who looouuve jesus.

edit on 18-5-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

A Tennessee man, who made a failed bid for Congress last year as an independent with extreme right wing beliefs, has admitted in federal court to planning an attack on a Muslim community in New York.

Robert Doggart, 63, was recorded on a wiretapped phone talking about his plan to travel along with members of a private militia to an area near Hancock, New York, known as Islamberg, to burn down a mosque, school and cafeteria, while gunning down anyone from the community who tried to stop them.

Heavy.com

Doggart was first ordered detained, however, Federal Magistrate Susan Lee later allowed his release on certain conditions after attorneys said he had weaned himself from pain medication and had stopped abusing alcohol. The government opposed his release, saying he remains a danger.
According to a criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Chattanooga , much of the evidence against Robert R. Doggart was obtained by Federal Bureau of Investigation agents from numerous wiretap interceptions of the defendant’s cell phone calls authorized on March 15 by Federal Judge Sandy Mattice.

In addition to the phone calls during March and April, He also posted threats against the Upstate New York town on Facebook, according to an affidavit by FBI Special Agent James G. Smith.

Chattanoogan.com

This is incredibly disturbing on a number of levels. This is a man, a minister (ordained through an online non-denominational church) that ran for public office and there is not one MSM source reporting on this. So far the only sources I've found are Alternet, Heavy, a Chattanooga local news site... and Facebook discussions. Doggart was planning to burn down Mosques and schools and shoot anyone that tried to interfere, but only faces one charge that carries a sentence of 0-5 years and has been released on bail.

The target of the plot was an often subject of FOX news, a Muslim community in Hancock, New York... self dubbed as Islamberg. FOX repeatedly paints it as a terrorist training ground though the FBI and local law state there's nothing sinister going on there.

Here is Robert Doggart's profile on Vote Smart.

Engineer/Manager/Superintendent
Ordained Christian Minister, Christian National Church
Former Unit Commander, United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps
Senior Superintendent, Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA), 1987-2004

Chairman, Board of Governors, American Society for Nondestructive Testing, 2000-2001
President, American Society for Nondestructive Testing, 1999-2000
Director-at-Large, American Society for Nondestructive Testing, 1991-1994

Sounds like something just snapped in him.

Article by Dr. Robert Rankin Doggett

It is really easy to sit and say he is a Christian extremist, he is well-educated and doesn't seem to follow the pattern of what everyone claims as Christian extremism.

He was in a lawsuit against Curtis Wright Flow Control.

You all jumped on "Christian" then made him out to be a "Christian extremist" and yet he voted for you all to smoke marijuana.

In fact, the court document filed by the FBI doesn't mention "Christian extremism". FBI charges

But guess who is calling him the "Christian extremist"? One Saeed Mody, the civil rights lawyer.

Saeed Mody

For example, Saeed Mody clerked for the Texas Civil Rights Project, where he assisted the NAACP in suing the Austin Police Department for alleged brutality. As an undergraduate, Mody was co-chair of the campus Palestine Solidarity Committee.

And it wasn't just against Muslims, as Mody claims, the FBI shows that Doggart was attacking...the OAS community of New York.

Who is the OAS? The Organization of Arab Students, and this article reveals the FBI has been investigating them.

They are connected to Fatah.

I do not condone the actions of Robert Doggart, I am however asking you to please look more into this than just kneejerking "Christian extremism", when the FBI didn't charge him with that.

It sounds to me like the guy is really representing a larger group of people, when the one who wanted you to think he was a Christian extremist...represents Muslim extremists.

I see this as a dangerous precedent. This guy isn't going to be the last and remember just Friday there was all the kneejerking about ISIS planning an attack here?

My , my. We can't see the forest for the trees.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

From his own Facebook

“Our small group will soon be faced with the fight of our lives. We will offer those lives as collateral to prove our commitment to our God,” said Doggart in a Facebook post. “We shall be Warriors who will inflict horrible numbers of casualties upon the enemies of our Nation and World Peace.”

There is no charge for Christian extremism or even Muslim extremism. It's terminology for people who take their beliefs to the extreme of violently acting against those they feel act against their cause is... which is God and country in this case.
edit on 5/18/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
TOLJA!
The pendulum will now begin to swing right.
Hotheads will now show up and AGAIN they will try to say "OH LOOK the Christians and gun owners are JUST like this guy".
As bad as Obama is THESE people can do worse,they AREN'T with the rest of us they only are driven by a myopic need EXACTLY similar to the KKK of old.
So I have THEM to attack attack now as well as PROGS.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Be nice if you'd say the same thing about Muslims and Muslim extremism...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join