It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream with my dead dog and then I saw a ghost of myself

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Nope. Never read it. Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: rukia
what does that MEAN?

Traditionally in metaphysics, to see your doppleganger is to see a 'crisis apparition', meaning an omen of your own death or a tragedy. In modern psychology, to see your doppleganger is a symptom of schizophrenia. Me? I"m a person with a degree in psychology who also has a keen interest in the metaphysical. So I say it could be either of those or something else entirely. I am of the opinion that most doppleganger sightings probably happen because of an increase in the persons psychic abilities at that specific time. A 'spike' for some reason that we don't know.

Before the metaphysical can be looked at, the mental health issue has to be looked at. If the person doing the sighting has any mental illness', such as schizophrenia etc, then chances are that the doppleganger was a hallucination because of the illness and it has no metaphysical meaning.

** please note - that's my opinion on dopplegangers and not any kind of long distance psychology diagnosis.

Thanks for your prognosis. This is likely the first time I heard of such prognosis.

This is the second confirmed case I saw a ghost of myself in my entire life.

Ironically, it happened within a month. I didn't take the first one seriously because it seemed pretty random. But I have actually posted my previous experience here.

My first one occurred just after what seemed to be an OOBE after emerging/waking up from a black tunnel that is glowing faint aquamarine green at the edges.

But I don't think my first one is a doppleganger because I did exactly what it did a minute later. I think i simply saw a faint image of myself from the future.

I'm particularly concerned with the 2nd because if I'm seeing things from the future, then I actually saw a ghost of myself from the future just like what happened with my dog, before she died.

The first occurence, I wore exactly the same T-Shirt. The 2nd one, I was wearing a different one.

Before the 2nd one. I had a migraine aura, I saw red glowing zigzags in a curve, normally, I'd see rainbow-color in these migraines so the red zigzags are quite unusual. I had mild headache and fatigue for two days after the migraine. I was sleeping most of the time this weekend. I felt like going into coma.

I think my strange migraine had something to do with it too.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

a reply to: markosity1973
Could be. Ya' never know.

Some of what this could be ...

- Waking hallucination. Someone not yet fully awake from the dream.
- Medication hallucination.
- Schizophrenia or other mental health issue.
- Metaphysical doppleganger.
- Bilocation.

Hmm, describe to me this waking hallucination state in more detail.

I'll describe my experience a little more for better reference. When it happened, I had the flu. I was the sickest I had been in a number of years, but I was lucid (or so I believed)

I'll admit I was in a depressed state, unfortunately one of the effects of flu on myself is brief, but deep depression. I was naturally upset about losing the only pet I've owned in my adult life, it had happened only days before I fell ill. Over the years I have grown hardened and cynical about love, preferring to describe it 'as just another 4 letter word' and 'something that happens to other people' so, for myself it came as quite a rude shock that I'd allowed myself to have feelings for an animal of all things. It was even more difficult for me to reconcile that I had loved something and it had been taken away from me. So yes, I was sick, depressed and stricken by unexpected grief all at once. Quite the emotional cocktail then.

I get that it's entirely possible that in my case that an overactive imagination produced a sort of self comforting psychosis that helped me have a change of attitude. The bit I dont get though is how a psychosis can create the senses of sound and touch. I mean, there is the little imagionationland we all have in our heads, which gives us dream like vision and sound that is like our internal monologue.

But then there are the experiences like this one (of which i have had many over the years) that are just so damned convincingly real. In this case, I heard the cat scratching at the corner of the bed, then her little happy cat sound as she jumped up on the bed. Then she came and smooched me and purred for a bit. I felt the warmth of her body and her fur against my arm.

I guess my question is how 'real' do these hallucinations get.
edit on 18-5-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
double post

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
I guess my question is how 'real' do these hallucinations get.

You are dealing with the brain.
They can be COMPLETELY believable.
Hallucinations can be invented by the brain to help a person through a difficult time.
A type of evolutionary survival event - ease a burden on the mind.
Or they can be invented by the brain in times of sickness.

Or ... sometimes what seems impossible is actually very real.
That's when the metaphysical comes into play.

The trick is to try to figure out which it is.
Sometimes we will never know.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Well, I'd stay away from white shirts.

Just sayin.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Well that might have been good advice but you did share the dream of playing with your dog occurred on the day your four legged friend died. So to be safe today, out of harms way today, finding a way to not be noticed or at risk, might be a good idea. Perhaps meditating, praying if you are inclined to some belief in higher power or a Team that keeps us on our path, may be a good extra option. Because some people do get those warnings, not to board that plane, for example, and its best to not look gift horses in the mouth, but do inner seeking.
Trust your inner knowing, intuition.
edit on 18-5-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

While he was alive, I used to have plenty of dreams where I was joyfully romping and running with Bart, my beloved Golden Retriever. He died, in my arms, during the Tiananmen Square massacre of 1989, (It was all over the media, at the time), from poison.

Later, I had a dream that he reincarnated in China to become a doctor that will come to the USA and assist me in my passing, in my final days. I suppose some doctor will be there, but I'll know it's true if I have a Chinese doctor named Bart! LOL

When I was in my mid 20s, I had an extremely vivid nightmare. I saw my future self, looking haggard, old and fat, walking toward me, closer and closer, and then I (my future self) touched me. I woke up suddenly, screaming "Mommy! Mommy!". My husband, at the time, thought I was crazy!

At any rate, all these years later and I'm looking worse for the wear and tear, very much like the haggard fat woman I saw in my dream, and I'm okay with that! Ha Ha!

edit on 18-5-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Fascinating and thanks for sharing.

After a recent experience losing a very much loved pet, I'd say your dog has come to comfort you. I'm not going to speculate on what your future holds though, instead I'll share my similar experience with my beloved Miss Kitty Mao Mao.

They day she died (she was hit by a car) she came to me and she was affectionate beyond belief. She played some games with me she had not played since she was a kitten and shared with me a look that I can only describe as pure love. I ended up telling her I loved her and that I would be home that night to play with her. Sadly I never got to see her again, she was run over at almost the exact time I was dealing with one of, if not the most stressful phone calls I've ever had with a customer. My partner on hold at the same time as the angry man was abusing me, waiting to give me the news.

That's the sad part of the story, but the interesting part is that I've been having a rough time lately with life, love and even my health (bring out the tiny violin haha) Last week when I was really ill and feeling down and out I swear I felt my little kitty in the room with me. It's amazing the comfort a little animal can bring, but through that one experience - be it delusion, desperation or the real thing I got the will to keep fighting.

So, take comfort from what your doggie shared with you. Who cares about tomorrow - nothing is guaranteed in this life anyway

Thanks for sharing your story Markosity..

Sorry for your loss. Life's just full of painful lessons we can't fully understand yet.

I'm not at all concerned about tomorrow. We don't really die, we survive in the dreams of all of Gods creations and in the random patterns of everything. When they remember, you are reborn. I'll be back for sure, just with another username

edit on 18-5-2015 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Or they can be invented by the brain in times of sickness.

Yes, I did had a strange aura migraine two days before.

I always experience throbbing pain when I have a aura migraine but this one did not give me pain but rather made me extremely drowsy and in fact, I spent a whole day just sleeping, only waking up 2 hours in a stretch and then sleeping again.

I never had such experience with an aura migraine before.

In fact, that particular migraine impaired my cognitive abilities even after a few days and I certainly felt like I'm not myself.

That could explain it medically speaking.

But I did have quite many precognitive experiences before which actually happened a few moments later. The visions of the future appeared almost ghost-like superimposed in real time.

But now I don't outright believe them to be paranormal circumstance but probably my brain or an autonomic defense mechanism trying to extrapolate future events to help me avoid danger.
edit on 18-5-2015 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

You sound like me with your attitude towards this sort of thing. I totally agree the answer is hidden away in the complexity of our brain function.

The big question for me though is this; Is it possible for our brains to be reacting to normally imperceptible stimuli? Your aura migraines for instance. Sure it might just be an unusual type of headache, or is your brain struggling to deal with new and unusual information?

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

You sound like me with your attitude towards this sort of thing. I totally agree the answer is hidden away in the complexity of our brain function.

The big question for me though is this; Is it possible for our brains to be reacting to normally imperceptible stimuli? Your aura migraines for instance. Sure it might just be an unusual type of headache, or is your brain struggling to deal with new and unusual information?

Is your name Mark too? What a funny coincidence if that's the case because Mark is my real name.

The answer could be yes and yes. No clear answers aside from when solid evidence/other witnesses presents itself which did happen in my case but they were extremely rare.

I did a self-diagnosis based on multiple medical sites and I seem to be having all the symptoms of a brain tumor and I had the symptoms beginning in my teens, probably a slow-growing one. But the last two years, I've been having fits and more rarely, loss of hearing and vision in one side and sometimes partial paralysis. Of course they will be completely gone after a few hours or a day but then they will be back after a couple of months or couple of weeks.

My premonition could be true after all. I have no plans of getting cured if the problem turned out to be fatal. I've been working so hard to have my parents not end up poor if they only depended on pension. Not gonna use up all that money for my treatment. I have little chances to get a better job that will actually pay for such treatment.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

While he was alive, I used to have plenty of dreams where I was joyfully romping and running with Bart, my beloved Golden Retriever. He died, in my arms, during the Tiananmen Square massacre of 1989, (It was all over the media, at the time), from poison.

Later, I had a dream that he reincarnated in China to become a doctor that will come to the USA and assist me in my passing, in my final days. I suppose some doctor will be there, but I'll know it's true if I have a Chinese doctor named Bart! LOL

When I was in my mid 20s, I had an extremely vivid nightmare. I saw my future self, looking haggard, old and fat, walking toward me, closer and closer, and then I (my future self) touched me. I woke up suddenly, screaming "Mommy! Mommy!". My husband, at the time, thought I was crazy!

At any rate, all these years later and I'm looking worse for the wear and tear, very much like the haggard fat woman I saw in my dream, and I'm okay with that! Ha Ha!

That's terrible, If someone poisoned my dog, I'd probably kill whoever did that or at least make their lives a living hell.

Great dog you have with a great name. Golden Retrievers are better than most people out there!

You'll probably meet again in life, just don't expect him or her to have the name of Bart!

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Yes, my name is Mark as well coincidentally.

You might want to get a scan done maybe. I've heard urban legends before of similar things with folk who have tumors. The physical pressure on the brain can supposedly have some weird and wonderful side effects according to these accounts. The stories sometimes don't end well though, so I definitely suggest seeing a doctor with those symptoms.

Tumor ruled out, I've heard similar stories of aura migraines etc through new age channels of people undergoing a metaphysical metamorphosis of sorts.

As the extremely knowledgeable and practical FlyersFan would say, you have to be realistic and rule out the obvious first though.
edit on 19-5-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Yes, my name is Mark as well coincidentally.

You might want to get a scan done maybe. I've heard urban legends before of similar things with folk who have tumors. The physical pressure on the brain can supposedly have some weird and wonderful side effects according to these accounts. The stories sometimes don't end well though, so I definitely suggest seeing a doctor with those symptoms.

Tumor ruled out, I've heard similar stories of aura migraines etc through new age channels of people undergoing a metaphysical metamorphosis of sorts.

As the extremely knowledgeable and practical FlyersFan would say, you have to be realistic and rule out the obvious first though.

INteresting. Yes, I've also read it in reputable medical articles regarding the "altered states of consciousness". It's funny even reputable / secular medical sources use the term!

I've recently read a disturbing thing about aura migraines in that they can cause tiny damage to the brain everytime. The article did not make a big deal out of it because the damage is not significant even if you had multiple aura migraines. It's simply enough reason to get a scan if you have frequent aura migraines.

But now I'm also receiving multiple real world coincidences about my dog up to two days after getting that dream about her. Like I've been running short on money and had to exchange my USD for the first time. So I went to this money exchange yesterday for the first time and right beside it a barbershop spelt the exact name of my dog in huge letters! The name of my dog is TOOTSIE so it isn't exactly a common name! This morning, that Just for Gags in youtube feature a new gags with a German Shepherd dog. It isn't everyday they post a GSD, more like once a month or even less. My Tootsie is mixed breed but she most closely resemble a GSD in color, in everything, including behavior and intelligence.

What I think now is that my dog is trying to tell me something or wants me to do something. Since the dream is about me and her playing at home. Maybe she wants me to go home soon and leave Saudi (Middle East region). It would be tough thing for me to do because that also means losing my job.
edit on 20-5-2015 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Well interestingly, Pope Francis has recently declared that pets can make it to heaven meaning that from a Christian viewpoint that animals can and do have an afterlife just like we humans do.

Pay attention to what your beloved Tootsie is trying to say to you. Often coincidences like you are mentioning form a pattern that lead to a unique message that only the person directly involved can understand.

Case and point, my partner's mother. There is a huge family history of cancer with her siblings. She is one of 11 children and all but two of the girls have died from some form of cancer. The family was broken up and put into foster homes / adopted out when she was young, so the brothers and sisters have had a difficult time finding one another again. As a result the fridge in her kitchen is literally covered in photos of her with the brothers and sisters she has been able to find and visit. One day about 2 years ago now the electric kettle in the kitchen came on all by itself - logically she thought that the kettle was faulty but when she went over to it to turn it off, as she walked over she noticed that one of the photos on the fridge had fallen to the floor. It was one of her sister, one of the ones who had died of cancer and the one she was closest to.

She picked the photo up and put it back then turned the kettle off. For the next few weeks the kettle kept turning on and the same photo would fall off the fridge. In the end she decided that her sister was trying to tell her something because when they met one of the things her sister would say is 'let's put the kettle on and have a cuppa' before they would sit down and have a chat. She got the feeling that her sister was trying to tell her to go to the Doctor and get checked.

So, she did, she went to the Doctor and lo and behold she was diagnosed with early stages of cervical cancer. She has since undergone a hysterectomy and some very light chemotherapy and has made a full recovery with no further cancer so far. She completely attributes her lucky escape cancer to those strange events and her sister prompting her to go and see a Doctor

As for altered states of consciousness, yet's it's possible for people to be totally lucid and exhibit measurably strange brain function. I can't remember the name of one such lady but she is a prophet that has undergone much scientific scrutiny. She has been taken to a hospital and put on equipment live on camera while she was having an apparition and the brain activity was extremely unusual - she was showing the activity we have when we are in a deep state of sleep, yet she was awake and completely lucid. I wish I could remember the name of the lady and the documentary I saw of her. If I remember I'll send you the link.

edit on 20-5-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Thanks for sharing your wonderful story Mark! Who would have thought of that! Hope your partner's Mothers doing fine. I haven't experienced that sort of thing so far. Although I sometimes think I move around like mindless zombie misplacing things and when I get to my senses, I think like maybe the room is haunted! I do feel possessed sometimes, nothing malevolent. There were random unexplained occurrences even witnessed by other people even when I'm not there. Or it could just be my brain falling apart.

Spirits tend to be simple in their communication if a little cryptic. Because that is their language and cannot be blamed for its subtlety.

I have always associate my dog Tootsie with home. I even have picture of her sound asleep in the couch pillow with an embroidery spelt, "Home is where the heart is".

I did not actually arrange the pillows, she arranged it herself. Here is picture of her sleeping and still quite young. Maybe she is already sending me that message in that instance:

Perhaps, she simply wants me to go home and I actually agree with her. There are threats of suicide attacks within Saudi by both ISIS and Houthis. ISIS-would-be bombers are actually getting caught inside Saudi. If they roll in, we're dead since I'm a Christian.
edit on 22-5-2015 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I had a 'vision' while in the barracks on active duty. My first duty station. My parents had recently broken up and we had a German Pointer (short-hair). I looked up while getting ready for bed and saw my dog sitting on my bed looking at me. At that moment, I knew he was gone, probably put down. Good old Barney. RIP.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Love that picture

Only you will know the truth of the deeper message she was conveying.

It does sound though like you are in a place and time where you need to question what means the most to you.

Oh and the 'Mother in Law' is fine now. She had a test recently and got the all clear. She has become quite spiritual since that event

edit on 23-5-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Love that picture

Only you will know the truth of the deeper message she was conveying.

It does sound though like you are in a place and time where you need to question what means the most to you.

Oh and the 'Mother in Law' is fine now. She had a test recently and got the all clear. She has become quite spiritual since that event

That's nice to hear about your mother in law.

Saudi was attacked by suicide bombing by ISIL just a few hours after I made my post with the picture above wary of future bloodshed in Saudi. More than 20 got killed. Isil staged the attack. Strange coincidence...

I'm far away from where it took place. It's also the first major attack within Saudi in years resulting to many casualties.

There's a pretty good chance we're next since they attacked the Shia minority and we're Christians, all the same to them.

If we do get hit, I'll go home indeed, play with my faithful Tootsie. It's hard for me to go home in the flesh, I'm not welcome in my own home due to my eccentric nature.
edit on 24-5-2015 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join