It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream with my dead dog and then I saw a ghost of myself

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I had a dream about my dog who passed away last year after a long time I did not have a dream of her.

I never had this dream about her before. We were playing, she was rolling in her back and kicking me in my face like she always did when we played.

But we were playing at a curious spot in the house - right beside that one particular potted plant.

- It was the same spot where she frequented when we brought her to the house as a little pup.
- Also same spot she keeps coming to and forcefully stayed in her last few days alive.

I wore a white T-shirt in that dream, I was wearing a red T-shirt that night.

I woke up seeing a ghost that looked exactly like myself, sitting on my bed right beside me that wore a white T-shirt and looking straight at me. And then it vanished.

What came to mind is a probable premonition of my own death. Because two weeks before my dog died I saw her ghost too. At the same day she died, I had a similar dream of us playing.

It wasn't a product of my stray thoughts because I never knew my dog was even sick. I was thousands of miles away and my parents kept the whole thing secret, they worry I'd go crazy if I knew. I only knew she died after one week when my parents told me everything.

My health is okay atm. But since I'm working in Middle East as a Christian Expat, I guess anything is possible. This place and its oppressive laws just drive people to murderous insanity.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Well, first of all, you know about dopplegangers and wraiths and things?

Depending on what actually happened, it could be a portent of some sort. I'd need more info so idk, i recommend you look into it/pray about it.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Sounds like a doppleganger.
They are an apparition of a living person.
Or a mindless self projection like a residual ghost would leave.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

yeah i agree, you're totally right: they can be just projections of oneself/one's subconscious mind.

either way tho, like i was saying above the question still remains: what does that MEAN?

and i don't know about that since i don't have a clear method of figuring that out, but--what are your feels on what the meaning of your experience may be, OP?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
what does that MEAN?

Traditionally in metaphysics, to see your doppleganger is to see a 'crisis apparition', meaning an omen of your own death or a tragedy. In modern psychology, to see your doppleganger is a symptom of schizophrenia. Me? I"m a person with a degree in psychology who also has a keen interest in the metaphysical. So I say it could be either of those or something else entirely. I am of the opinion that most doppleganger sightings probably happen because of an increase in the persons psychic abilities at that specific time. A 'spike' for some reason that we don't know.

Before the metaphysical can be looked at, the mental health issue has to be looked at. If the person doing the sighting has any mental illness', such as schizophrenia etc, then chances are that the doppleganger was a hallucination because of the illness and it has no metaphysical meaning.

** please note - that's my opinion on dopplegangers and not any kind of long distance psychology diagnosis.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

Fascinating and thanks for sharing.

After a recent experience losing a very much loved pet, I'd say your dog has come to comfort you. I'm not going to speculate on what your future holds though, instead I'll share my similar experience with my beloved Miss Kitty Mao Mao.

They day she died (she was hit by a car) she came to me and she was affectionate beyond belief. She played some games with me she had not played since she was a kitten and shared with me a look that I can only describe as pure love. I ended up telling her I loved her and that I would be home that night to play with her. Sadly I never got to see her again, she was run over at almost the exact time I was dealing with one of, if not the most stressful phone calls I've ever had with a customer. My partner on hold at the same time as the angry man was abusing me, waiting to give me the news.

That's the sad part of the story, but the interesting part is that I've been having a rough time lately with life, love and even my health (bring out the tiny violin haha) Last week when I was really ill and feeling down and out I swear I felt my little kitty in the room with me. It's amazing the comfort a little animal can bring, but through that one experience - be it delusion, desperation or the real thing I got the will to keep fighting.

So, take comfort from what your doggie shared with you. Who cares about tomorrow - nothing is guaranteed in this life anyway

edit on 18-5-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Question for you FF re dopplegangers;

You're approaching them from a spiritual point of view, but have you ever met a flesh and blood doppleganger? i.e. a person who is a dead ringer of someone else?

I had one back in NZ, I even met him and it was extremely eerie - he even sounded like me. No, I dont have a long lost identical twin either lol

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I have never met a flesh and blood 'doppleganger'. I don't refer to human look-a-likes as dopplegangers. To me they are just look-a-likes that would naturally happen with a throw of the DNA dice. With 7 billion people on the planet, look-a-likes will naturally happen. So when I say doppleganger, I'm talking metaphysical.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

I have never met a flesh and blood 'doppleganger'. I don't refer to human look-a-likes as dopplegangers. To me they are just look-a-likes that would naturally happen with a throw of the DNA dice. With 7 billion people on the planet, look-a-likes will naturally happen. So when I say doppleganger, I'm talking metaphysical.

So, are you talking Padre Pio like of the same person being seem in more than one place at the same time, or a person seeing their own ghostly self similar to a person with multiple personality disorder does when they talk about their 'other' personas?
edit on 18-5-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Ahhh .. Padre Pio -

** Catholic term -Bilocation - being in two or more locations simultaneously.

A doppleganger is a ghostly apparition of a person. A ghostly duplicate but the original person has no control over it and it's short lived. But in the case of biolocation, the original human actually is in two (or more) places at once. The person is in complete control and is in awareness in both places at the same time. In bilocation, the person in both places is solid and can speak and move things, etc. Dopplegangers have a short life, not controlled by the 'original' person, and are pretty useless. (from what I understand)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

right. thank you for extrapolating on the possibilities. While it might be a symptom of psychosis, (i'm in the process of getting my degree in psychology!
well met! haha) however, the key here is does it meet the 5 D's of abnormal psychology (which helps determine whether or not someone is mentally ill).

Just going right off the OP though, and how the OP reacts surprised--that makes me think hallucinations aren't a daily kinda thing and therefore makes me believe the validity of the story and wonder if it might have some sort of spiritual meaning--at least for the OP.
edit on 18-5-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Fascinating stuff. I was always of the opinion bilocation was different to a doppleganger too.

But if we were to strip away the miraculous nature of bilocation for a minute, would we not end up with the same basic situation, except one person is in control of it and perhaps the other is too frightened / naive to understand what it is?

Sorry if I'm going on here, I have been fascinated by dopplegangers for years.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

oh man, you weren't going on at all. i'm glad you go on like I do, sometimes.

just shows that you have really thought about the subject--and i think that that's a really good trait to have. if it bothers someone then w/e. because other people who put importance on thinking about things will appreciate your having thought about them, as well. ^_^

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

Can I ask you is there a meaning behind 2020

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

the key here is does it meet the 5 D's of abnormal psychology (which helps determine whether or not someone is mentally ill).

The OP will have to examine his situation and determine if there is any mental illness possibility. If there is anything in that area happening in his life, then schizophrenia or a waking hallucination have to be strongly considered in this situation. That's a private issue and I don't expect him to share that information (unless he wishes to).

In metaphysics, always look to the mundane and organic first.
If that can be ruled out, then metaphysics can be considered.

** Side note -
That's how the Catholic church goes about investigating saints and miracles as well.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Could be. Ya' never know.

Some of what this could be ...

- Waking hallucination. Someone not yet fully awake from the dream.
- Medication hallucination.
- Schizophrenia or other mental health issue.
- Metaphysical doppleganger.
- Bilocation.

Considering that the OPs 'awareness' wasn't in both locations, I think we can rule out bilocation.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

You know way more than me about this
thank you!

agreed. My feels on this (going off of what you just said) is it was either a:

hypnogogic hallucination (waking/falling asleep not yet fully awake/dreaming),
medication-induced,
or something metaphysical in nature--perhaps spiritual only due to OP's christian beliefs could be some sort of warning perhaps or something like that.

so yeah for me it would be 1,2, & 4 of the 5 things you mentioned are what I'm most leaning towards as being the case here. What are your feelings on this? Or, would you rather not say (which, seeing as you actually have a degree in psych whereas i do not, yet, i can totally understand if you'd rather not say for professional/integrity/moral reasons--but i'm interested in your personal opinion if you care to give it)

your advice on this matter is really great. i'm glad you added to this thread--i've had a doppleganger-y thing happen myself (i've mentioned it a few times on some recent threads from a month or so ago) where I didn't see it, but others around me did. So, I really appreciate what you've said on a personal level, too. Didn't expect to get some clarity about my own weird stories here

& I hope the OP finds similar clarity him/herself!

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

What are your feelings on this? Or, would you rather not say ...

We don't have all the information so I have to say -
Not fully waking from a dream type hallucination.
Unless there is a mental health history or medication being taken.
Then that changes things.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

-i've had a doppleganger-y thing happen myself (i've mentioned it a few times on some recent threads from a month or so ago) where I didn't see it, but others around me did.

Very cool. You weren't aware inside it nor in control of it (bilocation) so it was probably a free-floating energy thing coming from you. (like a residual haunting but with a live person).

edit on 5/18/2015 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Thank you!

Have you by chance ever read Hallucinations by Dr. Oliver Sacks?
www.oliversacks.com...

it is a fantastic book. really well-written and interesting. truly a mind-bending and thought-provoking read if anyone's interested.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join