It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Philosopher Who Studies the Experience of Coffee

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Sorry. There is no such thing as good coffee. Don't care if it's the French that press it or any other ethnicity, it all sucks. Heck, might as well take some pinto beans and make coffee from them. It couldn't taste any worse than the real stuff.

Think of it this way. This way there is more for you.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

I drink both, tea and coffee.

For me my personal philosophical difference between the two:

Tea:
I have been drinking hot tea's and cold tea's since my childhood. It always makes me think about my family, ecspecially days of my mom/dad, and two sisters being together and having family bonding time. It brings back alot of fond childhood/family memories. A warm fuzzy feeling of family ties.

Coffee:
I began drinking as a young adult and still do today. It makes me think of my father who always drank coffee when I was growing up. Tasting coffee as a child I thought it was bitter. How could something smell so wonderfull and have such a bitter taste. Later in life I tried it again, and enjoyed it. Hazlenut was my prefered coffee choice, the flavor that it offered made my coffee drink naturally sweeter. Why the taste change or acceptance later on, this I do not know. Perhaps all the special flavorings that can be added brought the coffee to life for me. Coffee for me represents my growing up into an adult and doing things on my own, my independence i suppose. Growing up and being responsible.

I love both tea and coffee and when i sit to have a cup of either... I ponder and think of many things.

leolady

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I wonder what kind of philosopher I am: I drink neither tea nor coffee at all.

I will admit that I do rather love the smell of freshly ground coffee, and the scent of Bamboo & White Tea incense sticks. But I just don't like the taste of either coffee or tea - I'm probably in the minority.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
I wonder what kind of philosopher I am: I drink neither tea nor coffee at all.

A very drowsy, lethargic one.

edit on 19-5-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Coffee tastes worse than feces so even if I could handle caffeine I wouldn't drink that nasty stuff.

I'm just going to take your word for it and live vicariously.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
My philosophy is: no cafe`,no trabajo.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I don't drink either. Though I do enjoy the smell of coffee. I just can't stand the taste. So maybe I'd be a tea drinker, only because I don't mind the taste of tea and have drank both iced and heated teas from time to time and enjoyed them. I just don't drink it enough where I'd call myself a "tea-drinker" though.
edit on 19-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I like the taste of both, but they do not like me, more than one cup a day will ruin everything.

Coffee is poison, people drink it to get high, and teas offer a different high if caffeinated enough.

Everyone I know who drinks a lot of coffee has teeth problems, and is more susceptible to being addicted, to well, everything.

So dam acidic.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
100 grams of black tea or coffee zaley boiling water and drink. How do you feel? 100 days as a result you drink 1 gram. compare with green tea, blackcurrant leaf, nettle, Chaga, rose hips rowan hawthorn. there is a difference?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I love my coffee, I will sometimes happily drink tea when it is made with care and attention, but only after I have had my daily dose of coffee. No more than 3 shots a day so it has to be very good. I know I am going to live forever in heaven when I die, but will there be coffee there? Why risk it, drink the best you can afford now.

It has to be espresso, no sugar, no milk/cream.

And not that ristretto that they make now days and call espresso

And I hate the micro most of all

Has anyone tried matte (maybe it is spelled mate) the national drink of Argentina? It tastes like dried wolverine spleen but leaves you feeling good.

edit on 20/5/15 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I'm a broth man! I'll make a broth outa anything, except fruit, and only because I've never thought of it 'till now.

Doesn't take much to make a big batch, either.

Piece of tater, chunk of ginger, few mushrooms, bit of onion and crushed garlic. Spice it up with cayenne, corriander, turmeric, herbs de province and you've got a day's supply of nourishment AND hydration in a neat little savory package.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
continue when you drink black tea and coffee receive the products of combustion and carcinogens in the esophagus as a tobacco smokers in the lungs , quite another cleansing and health to brew green herbs degrees 50-80 Celsius

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: mangust69

continue when you drink black tea and coffee receive the products of combustion and carcinogens in the esophagus as a tobacco smokers in the lungs , quite another cleansing and health to brew green herbs degrees 50-80 Celsius

Allow me to translate:

Both black tea and coffee undergo exposure to baking environments heated by unwholesome means in order to process the leaves into a dry and transportable form.

In your oven at home, this would be great, however, we are talking about factory evironments, conveyor belts, moving parts, grease, and generally unwholesome materials heating up, releaseing nasty gases, thereby imparting molecular toxins to the product.

It would be much more healthful to use freash herbs(preferably those you are growing) such as: thyme, oregano, sage, basil, rosemary, ginger, lemongrass, etc. and steep it in water that has been cooled to about +120 degrees fahrenheit from boiling.

Do your kidneys a favor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join