It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Saudis to Buy Nuke from Pakistan in Response to Iran Deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

“There has been a longstanding agreement in place with the Pakistanis and the House of Saud has now made the strategic decision to move forward.”

While the official did not believe “any actual weaponry has been transferred yet”, it was clear “the Saudis mean what they say and they will do what they say”, following last month’s Iranian outline nuclear deal. …

Asked whether the Saudis had decided to become a nuclear power, the official responded: “That has to be the assumption.”

Report: Saudis to Buy Nuke from Pakistan in Response to Iran Deal

I'm sure nothing but good will come of this.

I, personally, am much more comfortable with Iran possessing nuclear weapons than the House of Saud.

Cheers!

edit: a little (conspiratorial) background: i know wikipedia is pretty controversial so spare me the source comments, please.

Since 1998, the Western's diplomats and intelligence agencies have long believed that an agreement exists in which Pakistan would sell Saudi Arabia nuclear warheads and its own nuclear technology should security in the Persian Gulf deteriorate. Both countries have sharply denied the existence of such an agreement.[7] In 2003, globalsecurity.org reported that Pakistan and Saudi Arabia had entered a secret agreement on nuclear cooperation providing Saudi Arabia with nuclear weapons technology in return for access to cheap oil for Pakistan.[8]

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 5/18/15 by soulshn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulshn
I, personally, am much more comfortable with Iran possessing nuclear weapons than the House of Saud.

Both nations cannot be trusted with nuclear weapons.

The article takes a great leap of faith that the current Pakistan would actually pass on nukes to the Saudis. Pakistan has not signed up to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation treaty, but Saudi Arabia has. Pakistan won't risk being thrown to the dogs by such a foolish action, so it won't happen.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: soulshn
Sort of problematic since Saudi Arabia is signatory to the NPT.

The story reeks of chinese whispers. Or Israeli propaganda.

edit on 5/18/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Even though some minutesmall fagments of this story might be true - i.e. Saudis do indeed have capability to buy a live nuke from Paks - the rest of the story is BS of the purest form.

"high grade enriched BS"...

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Sort of problematic since Saudi Arabia is signatory to the NPT.

The story reeks of chinese whispers. Or Israeli propaganda.

I hope it is, but lets be real, what, exactly, has the UN been able to enforce recently?

edit to add: How about a better sauce?

Saudi nuclear weapons 'on order' from Pakistan

edit again:

Since 1998, the Western's diplomats and intelligence agencies have long believed that an agreement exists in which Pakistan would sell Saudi Arabia nuclear warheads and its own nuclear technology should security in the Persian Gulf deteriorate. Both countries have sharply denied the existence of such an agreement.[7] In 2003, globalsecurity.org reported that Pakistan and Saudi Arabia had entered a secret agreement on nuclear cooperation providing Saudi Arabia with nuclear weapons technology in return for access to cheap oil for Pakistan.[8]

en.wikipedia.org... a#Pakistan.27s_involvement

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
There's already an active thread on this topic.

Saudi Arabia to buy off the shelf nukes from Pakistan

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
There's already an active thread on this topic.

Saudi Arabia to buy off the shelf nukes from Pakistan

Please add to the existing thread above. Thread closed. Thank you.

top topics

join