It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Encounter with "Black Eyed Person" / strange anti-Catholic disappearing woman

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: therainmaker

captivating read... almost Dan Brown like!

the 4th and final "blood moon" in this unusual 2 year cycle will be in the fall, date easily findable online.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

its not aniridia. the whole sclera, iris, and pupil are all black in BEPS - which is not a medical condition ever encounterd (yes, I'm an MD, and the wife is a division chief in ophthalmology at harvard's eye hospital in boston).

however, i can't believe that black contacts are sold that almost mimic this appearance. bizarre.

edit on 5/19/2015 by drphilxr because: formatting - i can't ever get this right!

edit on 5/19/2015 by drphilxr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

Thank you all again for reading, replying, and giving me tons of food for thought. Unfortunately I am working my butt off this week so I can take a vacation this weekend and next week, thus I do not have time to search out and look into everything that all of you wonderful people have given me. I am taking notes now, though, to get back to later. I am a research addict and you all are only making me worse…just kidding, I appreciate everything!

I do not expect to go back to that church for at least two weeks, giving me some time to think and look into things.

First of all, Hecate666, I am sorry to not address you directly yet. I would say her eyes resembled the middle and lower photos that you posted. Other than that coloring, the woman looked normal to me, if not exceptionally spry and energetic for her apparent age.

I am purposefully not revealing more about my relative because I like to share as little identifying information as possible. Although the thought has started to creep into my mind that perhaps if someone out there reading this is in my area, if I might be able to share more details to draw more conclusions. This happened in the northwestern Vermont/northeastern New York area, near Lake Champlain.

All of that being said, I spoke to my relative again last night. And you know what reply I received about the eyes? My relative noticed the woman’s unusual eyes, but said that they appeared to be very dark brown, and that I was probably just seeing the shadow of the woman’s eye socket. I am rather tall and the woman was so short that I needed to bend down to hear her voice sometimes, so I suppose at that great of an angle there could be some shadow in the eyes.

My relative said that after thinking about it for a day, my relative is nearly certain that the woman was at the church once before, and seemed to be very friendly with someone named Lynn or Linda (real name). Though my relative is not completely sure who Lynn/Linda is, but has it narrowed down to one or two people there.

The woman repeatedly said that 2015 was a year of “replacing” things, including deceased people and missing objects. I forgot about that until I spoke to my relative. She was not specific about who or what would be replaced.

Thankfully, with all of what I consider strangeness surrounding the whole church, my relative does not socialize with anyone from the church except for two people, and does not attend any of their events. However that means that my relative doesn’t know which people know which others within the church, so this could take longer to piece together than I thought.

Which reminds me…about the “too nice” factor. It is indeed beyond friendly greetings and handshakes. They ask for money both for some general fund, as well as having another collection box allegedly toward paying the mortgage on the building. The church often has special events and seems to beg people to attend. Also, it seems the church tries to run guilt trips on people to get them to volunteer for missions, from local things all the way up to month-long journeys overseas. On two occasions they have had guest speakers who were allegedly missionaries from other countries. One man, whom I believe was from India, spent an hour showing a slideshow, and I started thinking to myself that at any moment he was going to begin the pitch for money and volunteers. Sure enough, that is where the event led! And people opened their wallets and signed up for more information about going to India. I still have a pamphlet somewhere from that event.

I am not saying there is definitely anything bad, wrong, or negative about any of those things, they are just unlike any Catholic church I attended when I was growing up. To me, they are strange things to experience and it makes me feel like the church is just looking for money or to further some agenda. But to someone whose experiences are different than mine, that may all be completely normal.

AwolfA—I chose my user name here because a “rainmaker” is a slang term that my uncle used for a very successful lawyer who is charming in the courtroom. When I was in law school, it sort of became my nickname, “The Rainmaker”. Though it is not my primary job function, I am a lawyer, and I hope that I am a rather charming one. I may not be what I would consider a religious person, but I am definitely the eternal optimist and treat people the way I want to be treated, and always try to be positive. I do not think I have any traits of someone who could represent a demon, or any other misunderstanding of the name Rainmaker.

The GUT—I followed the woman because presumably she was going to get into a vehicle when she left, and I wanted to get a look at it as well as the license plate. She made me just concerned enough that I wanted to file that information away for later in case something happened. Let’s face it, I am in the business of making peoples’ lives miserable, and over the years that has included many powerful and resourceful individuals, so I am always wondering if someone has ulterior motives for striking up a conversation with me. I have run into people from my past in public, when I was on a city PD, and it was usually a tense situation.

There is no doubt what door the woman exited the church through, as there is only one route of egress to the outdoors on that side of that room. And once outside, it is in the middle of a very flat area, with acres of grass surrounding the dirt parking lot and driveway. There are some shrubs here and there, but none large enough to conceal a person, and none near the building with the exception of a small shrub on either side of the door (she was not hiding behind either one).

I did not show her any fear, I did not change my expression to register anything. For better or for worse, it’s a skill I’ve had to develop.

Macenroe82—Yes!!! The word “tetrad” is something she kept saying as well! I forgot about that as I am not familiar with the whole concept and was not sure what she meant.

Like most of us, I am sure, I take many things on ATS with a grain of salt, but it is with that tiny grain that I can take a step back, look at the issue, think things through, and then start going down my own avenues to research and read. I love to read, I most definitely own more books than any other possessions, and I like to compare different viewpoints on such speculative topics. Whether it be a thread I start or a thread that’s been developing for years, I love coming to ATS so I can read a myriad of thoughts, facts, and stories from people. It is a most delicious food for thought.

(continued)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
(continuation from above)

This may be a shot in the dark, but I looked into the year or time period 1400 and how it may relate to Israel and the piece of land now occupied by Israel, as I mentioned that the woman had said. I have a long way to go as far as understanding how any of this ties together with world events today, but here are some things I found:

1) Coincidentally or not, just yesterday, someone discovered a 1400-year-old wine press in Israel: www.algemeiner.com...
2) In Studies in the Religion of Israel, as found online, author Lewis Arthur Pooler wrote, “…Exodus, if it ever happened, must have taken place about the year 1400BC…”
3) On the “New Advent” website, under the Catholic Encyclopedia entry for Jerusalem, “About the year 1400, while Israel was dreaming of liberation from the Egyptian yoke, certain Cossean peoples, called Khabiri, invaded Palestine…”
4) It appears that the year 1979 on the Gregorian calendar is equal to 1400 on the Islamic calendar. This keeps appearing in documents discussing the history of Israel. I have not entirely unraveled the significance yet, nor have I connected it to any current events.

Also:

It appears the Earth’s magnetic field decreases by one half every 1400 years. Though I do not know when that is measured from; it seems to be roughly 10000 years.

edit on 19-5-2015 by therainmaker because: Edit for italic correction and citation.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

At first I was quite skeptical because I've been burned so many times by people posting hoaxes and your story seemed a bit off. For one, you posted on a Sunday night about a church event that happened the day before. Some churches have Saturday services, sure, but it's unusual.

Secondly, you glossed over a lot of things she said and what she looked like or the details you seemed to be trying to gather but didn't report. I do understand wanting to fit your story in one text box but you could have made it two parts.

As much as I remain skeptical, I find the story interesting. How did she know you had been Catholic? It seems strange that your relative would divulge such things to a stranger without you there. I would love more detail about how she came to talk to your relative in the first place. Did she seem to be a church member? Did your relative know what kind of meeting she was referring to?

I bet you could remember more if you take your time and relax, and go over the pictures in your mind. Recall the first moment you saw her, then the next, and everything you can, and you will probably remember the date she brought up and other stuff. Focus on pictures and sounds in your mind, not necessarily the words. If it were a date that meant something to you, you probably would have made a connection ("So-and-so's birthday"). I'm sure you could remember the month and whether the date was beginning, middle or end of the month, and odd or even number. Maybe your relative remembers it.

About her foot on yours, I did know someone who would do something similar, unintentionally, but it was just her being oblivious. If that happened again, I would remark about it ("Am I in your way?") or tap or lift my toe to cause an imbalance, or just move far enough away that her foot could not reach comfortably.

I wonder if she could have ducked into another room and not left the building at all, or gone around to the side. If you ever run into her again, I wouldn't leave with her, but watch her from inside instead. If there was something flaky going on, you don't want to be caught in it.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I have to ask again, where do I go to meet her?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: WCmutant

I have to ask again, where do I go to meet her?

Ha, well it's a church located near Lake Champlain. Send me a U2U if you want to discuss further.

lindalinda-- thank you for writing! You make me think harder and use my brain, which I appreciate.

The post I started with was written after midnight, on Monday morning. The service was Sunday morning.

Which is something else odd-- and again, perhaps it is just my life experience in the Catholic church-- this giant, modern-looking church only has one mass a week! That's it!!! The church I grew up attending had three masses a day, with four a day on Sundays I believe, as well as all sorts of CCD classes, support group meetings, youth clubs, Cub Scouts, and more. The church I am writing about, where the strange woman was, does not even seem to want anyone to go there except for their members at their events. They don't even allow Bible study groups to meet there, those go to peoples' houses.

As far as the woman's appearance, well just a typical senior citizen in my book! A little over five feet tall, short white hair, tanned and leathery/wrinkled skin (perhaps she winters down south), wearing a little more jewelry than most women her age but still tasteful (metal bangle bracelets, dangling earrings, several jeweled rings on her fingers, and a gaudy large gold necklace), a climate-appropriate lightweight dress shirt with a floral pattern (it was hot and humid), loose-fitting monochrome pants (brown, I believe), and flat (no heel) black shoes somewhat like ballet slippers. She had a very small, off-white, leather-looking purse that she kept under her arm.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

edit on 20-5-2015 by empireoflizards because: Won't post properly.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: therainmaker
All of that being said, I spoke to my relative again last night. And you know what reply I received about the eyes? My relative noticed the woman’s unusual eyes, but said that they appeared to be very dark brown, and that I was probably just seeing the shadow of the woman’s eye socket.

The mind is easily deceived. Thanks for sharing this development.

I think the most important if you want to solve this mystery is not let yourself be impressed by what seemed extraordinary like her eyes or her disappearance, and see if you can see this lady again in the future and ask her a bit more about herself.

I'm pretty sure she's a normal human and will gladly talk to you

edit on 20-5-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
great post, thank you op for your honesty, and sharing with us here on Ats,

the following is just some feelings and thought i got from the story you have posted, im not pushing anything, all im looking to do is add perspective. IF this woman really came from another planet (i personally dont doubt this possibility), therefore having visited many worlds, she might have the perspective of you like we have on a dog sort of speak. she might have been trying to find out how things worked on this planet (i can imagine if life is plenty in the universe there would be similarities over their entire timeline between civilised planets, like stages in time and she was finding out the common world view) like who is the pope and what do you think about this. if theres faiths on many other planets, she might recognize the time our civilisation is in or know way more about our current events. she would sound off or crazy if the person she talked to did not understand alot of these things. its all in the eye of the beholder sort of. i can imagine if i myself where to land on another planet with less developped life, the first thing would be to find out what time period they live in along their evolution line. once that is established i would probly automatically be confused with a being looking differently than the norm, AND from my own planets history would i be able to extrapolate comming events, or be able to present new inventions out of thin air in a minute, seeming all knowing godlike to them. this is what her perspective might have been like.

another thing is black pointy things, like other humanoid like creatures like the greys, not saying this is the case here ive read all in the topic but, we seem biologically programmed to know danger from pointy dark things, if we cant see we get scared, hence the darknes in the eyes is scary, Disney uses this sign language extensively, have a look at bad/evil creatures in their movies, its all pointy and dark while the good guys have more rounded figures.

not all life thats different to ours is bad or evil perse, we might be programmed to respond like this biologically.
we humans tend to position ourselves above all life in the universe while knowing so little of what is there.
the womans alpha male behaviour seems very fitting for a person that has a higher perspective in HER own mind.
she almost treated the op like he was her own. or she owned him and looked upon him like we look down onto a dog.

i have no advice other than stay respectfull if she was from another place. but i totally believe the OP.
all i can say is when we start to protect our eyes with smaller devices than sunglasses (not nasa space suit size), and make our skin thicker layered biologically and with technology (dna changes made ourselves to speed up natural evolution), it would look pretty alien if we got the longer bones from living in space fulltime like in a 150 years orso. thicker skin means less red bloodcells, and more grey like, add longer bones from living in space and the black techno sunglasses voila we are them.... most life here will evolve to the next step like we will in time. its all natural. its only magick until the magician explains it.

and finally, being in space for longer periods of time where you have to protect the eyes (soft tissue) from radiation all the time might
be the reason they wear sunglasses like lenses here on the surface of a planet. their eyes are used to dimmed light from within a craft being in space for a long time. they might regard non space faring worlds, or space faring but in its infacy, as the real light beings, we can see color being in direct sunlight for instance, while they may not be able to anymore. they might have evolved form a similar humanoid species that party evolved from being in space long periods. the same will happen here once we build generational ships ourselves.

edit on 20-5-2015 by dennisarends because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I saw your post timestamped as Sunday at 10 pm, so that explains that. Thanks for clarifying.

The Lutheran church I went to growing up had one Sunday service, some meetings afterward we never got involved in, choir practice during the week, preschool in the mornings and summer bible study, and that's probably it. (You know we don't call it Mass, right? lol) I have no idea if the doors were even open during the week as they are in Catholic churches, at least the way they're shown on TV.

Three Masses a day, and four on Sunday, that just boggles the mind! I wonder if that is still the case now that a lot fewer people attend church.

I heard that in the South the churches have Wednesday evening services and a lot of businesses close up every Wednesday like it's the Friday before a holiday weekend.

Kind of strange tho to not host any events; but nowadays everything's a liability issue, or maybe they avoid hiring someone to open and close the building.

Definitely keep us posted if you have any more experiences related to this.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I've always been fascinated by that subject. I do have to wonder, what was her deal for tapping your shoe? It makes no sense.

Is that a code of some sort??

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ZacharyW

She was probably a thought form projection. Yes these exist. If you tried trapping her in a closet she would probably dissapear. Because she is just a projection of Somethings thought. Not an actual being with a soul. Similar to a holographic projection. I'm no expert. But I am positive these types of beings exist. Similar to the men in black.

I have never heard of this term before and I am intrigued. That could be a possible explanation for discrepancies in physical appearance as seen from one person to the next. I'm not sure I understand the concept of what you're saying fully...if you're talking about someone projecting a thought into actual form, but if it was some type of hologram, would it look exactly the same to other people who were looking at it? OP said his relative saw a different appearance of the eyes than he did...of course it's entirely possible that it could have been shadowing/lighting, but say it actually was one of these apparitions you describe; would it be able to interact with other people too?

In my personal experience years ago, other people saw the odd behavior, heard the strange speech, felt a sense of foreboding and a desire to get away from this creature, but only two of us saw the "dead" eyes and we were all mere inches away from him. Everyone else either couldn't remember or said he had blue eyes. That's not the first (or the last) time I've encountered one of these creatures, but it was the first time it happened in the immediate company of other people. He also disappeared suddenly, ran around to the side hallway and was gone, and everybody saw that happen. The hallway was empty other than the emergency exit, so there was nowhere for him to hide. If he was some type of projection, that would make sense too...but would a projection actually have physical mass? He definitely was real in the physical sense; he attacked me and knocked me down and started clawing at my face. Specifically my own eyes.

edit on 31372America/ChicagoWed, 20 May 2015 14:37:24 -050031pm31139America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: incomplete sentence

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
You know, maybe I will do just that...it's always surprising to me that anyone would be interested in reading about my experiences but several other people have suggested the same thing. I guess it's one of those things where I've had such a strange connection with the paranormal my entire life that it just seems completely normal and everyday, lol.

I hope you do! Reading about such things is very interesting, and one of the reasons I joined this site.

I think that certain predispositions toward psychic or other gifts are genetic. It sounds like your daughter inherited a gift from you and I think it's awesome that you're encouraging her to develop it. I think most people start out with the ability to perceive/see things and that ability becomes dulled as they get older, but some of us retain (and even expand on) it and it's always been an intriguing mystery as to why that occurs.

I have to agree. My mom had some gifts as well. Dad, too, for that matter. We'd have all been burned at the stake in the past, lol!

In the case of the OP it is of course possible that the lady was just creepy and happened to have an optical condition that caused her irises to turn black, but as he stated, all of the other things combined with her sudden disappearance make it pretty hard to brush off as just some random weird encounter. I too have been approached by one of these creatures while others were present and though it showed itself to me, the other people in the room did not react. And it knew they couldn't see it. In fact, it was smug about it. That is the impression that I got from what the OP described as well, and it immediately got my attention. She singled him out, and I would love to know why.

It could have been, but she was definitely weird. Just reading the story, we can pick that up. All of the conversation could be just someone into fringe subjects, and maybe a little off, but that, combined with all the rest, leads me to believe there was something more. The smug attitude is a large part of that, because people into fringe stuff tend to be more paranoid, not all smug and confrontational like she was!

I don't think they have need of a corporeal form where they come from, so they "borrow" human bodies. Charles Manson has one inside of him. You can see in photos when it is dominating him and when it is not. Even people who are unable to physically see the change in his eyes are so unsettled by him that no one goes into a room with him alone. I bet your daughter could see it right away in photos.

I am sure she can. I can see "something" in the eyes of people like him; a demonic presence, that is unmistakable. Hussein had that, too, until after he was captured, then he looked abandoned.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
if you see her again, I would recommend that you sympathize with her political points of view. she may well be a messenger. alternatively she might have deceived you. but certainly wanted you to take something away from it. she was either warning you or filling your head with lies. as far as a one-world faith...that seems totally implausible to me. but I would definitely listen to her again.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

for me the freakiest part is that she knew you were telling her a fake name...
how could she possibly know that you were lying? (in case you are sure that your relative didn't mention your name)

I mean, your background suggests that you understand body language and such so you wouldn't probably make a horrific mistake when lying.
You stated you weren't nervous, nor did you appear nervous so ... and as she probably haven't met you before, how on earth could she probably know you were lying about the name + she said it with such certainty, like... she didn't merely remark upon your untruthfulness, she said with certainty that THAT IS NOT YOUR NAME and that she WILL FIND OUT by the time you meet next time.... that's creepy and odd.

btw, is it possible for the lady NOT to leave the church at the time you thought she's already outside?
edit on 20-5-2015 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2015 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I've been reading a lot lately about Missing 411 stories by David Paulides, about people who go missing without a trace in the wilderness, and often there is a strange encounter shortly before the disappearance. It sounds like you live in or near a rural area, so I would recommend NOT going on any hiking or camping trips in the foreseeable future, even with a group.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I would say the next time you attend that church, have the amour of Christ on as she could be a demon for all you know. I have read a lot of end time theories so I do agree with her, that something of a great magnitude is going to happen soon. If may good or bad depending on how you look at things. You may want to start looking up in the sky now and then and closer to December. There may be something in the sky which is unusual and ordinarily would not be there. It happens every 3600 years and may have caused Noahs flood the last time it passed by our planet. But you will have to decide that for yourself, but it would be better to be prepared than not. Nevertheless, knowing your name and stepping on your foot did seem odd. Who knows, if you are single, she may know who you are in some way or asked someone. She sure made you notice her.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

You know, maybe I will do just that...it's always surprising to me that anyone would be interested in reading about my experiences but several other people have suggested the same thing. I guess it's one of those things where I've had such a strange connection with the paranormal my entire life that it just seems completely normal and everyday, lol.

I tried responding to this before, but the servers went down, and it appears the response was eaten, so here we go again! I'd definitely love to read your accounts, as personal stories like that are one of the things I like best about ATS.

I think that certain predispositions toward psychic or other gifts are genetic. It sounds like your daughter inherited a gift from you and I think it's awesome that you're encouraging her to develop it. I think most people start out with the ability to perceive/see things and that ability becomes dulled as they get older, but some of us retain (and even expand on) it and it's always been an intriguing mystery as to why that occurs.

I agree about it being genetic! Both parents had some interesting traits in that area, so it's something I have always been used to. Drives the hubby nuts now and then, lol! Took him some time to admit that when I say I KNOW something will be a certain way, he should listen!

In the case of the OP it is of course possible that the lady was just creepy and happened to have an optical condition that caused her irises to turn black, but as he stated, all of the other things combined with her sudden disappearance make it pretty hard to brush off as just some random weird encounter. I too have been approached by one of these creatures while others were present and though it showed itself to me, the other people in the room did not react. And it knew they couldn't see it. In fact, it was smug about it. That is the impression that I got from what the OP described as well, and it immediately got my attention. She singled him out, and I would love to know why.

The sudden disappearance, the way she spoke about his name, twice, and the thing with the foot all add up to more than someone into fringe topics. The people to whom I have spoken who talked about stuff like that were never aggressive and confrontational, and tend to be more standoffish till they know someone is interested. The smugness you describe,a nd that we see here, doesn't fit with a typical person talking about such things. Why him and his relative, indeed?

I don't think they have need of a corporeal form where they come from, so they "borrow" human bodies. Charles Manson has one inside of him. You can see in photos when it is dominating him and when it is not. Even people who are unable to physically see the change in his eyes are so unsettled by him that no one goes into a room with him alone. I bet your daughter could see it right away in photos.

I can see that in the eyes, myself! No different color, no blackness (if they even have it), but the demonic quality isn't hard to spot! Saddam Hussein had that as well, before his capture. After, he looked abandoned.

To the OP, the business about fundraising, could be normal and could be off. Sometimes churches will have a special fund for building (or I guess a mortgage), so that alone isn't too weird, and I have seen funds raised for missionaries as well, though usually not more than once or twice a year. As a regular thing, that seems a bit much. Maybe they simply have had a lot lately, or maybe there is more to it. Hard to say without having been there.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I tried responding to this before, but the servers went down, and it appears the response was eaten, so here we go again! I'd definitely love to read your accounts, as personal stories like that are one of the things I like best about ATS.

I like the personal accounts a whole lot too...they're what drew me here three years ago. I've never joined a forum before that. It's really exciting to discover that other people have similar (or even the same) things happen to them, and it's a real relief to get that validation that you're not just "weird" or something. I mean, nobody wants to be just like everyone else but it's nice to know you're not alone out there

I agree about it being genetic! Both parents had some interesting traits in that area, so it's something I have always been used to. Drives the hubby nuts now and then, lol! Took him some time to admit that when I say I KNOW something will be a certain way, he should listen!

My maternal family are Choctaw and several of them shamans or seers, and on my dad's side a long line of Scottish Witches and Masons, so pretty much every branch of the family has at least one offspring who is gifted in this way. In my immediate family it is my cousin, myself and my daughter. I suspect my mother has some abilities but they don't fit in with her religious beliefs so she stifles them, and she absolutely won't talk about it.

That's probably the hardest to deal with--just knowing things and not being able to explain exactly how you know them or convey the fact that it's not a guess or speculation; you actually know it to be true. No one doubts me much anymore, particularly about foreshadowing and things like that, because I am usually right...and if I didn't think I was, I wouldn't bother to tell them in the first place. I don't clearly understand the mechanism by which the information reaches me, but it is a very distinct and singular feeling: stop what you're doing and pay attention; this is important.

The sudden disappearance, the way she spoke about his name, twice, and the thing with the foot all add up to more than someone into fringe topics. The people to whom I have spoken who talked about stuff like that were never aggressive and confrontational, and tend to be more standoffish till they know someone is interested. The smugness you describe,a nd that we see here, doesn't fit with a typical person talking about such things. Why him and his relative, indeed?

I read pretty much every BEK/BEP account that I come across, because I had no idea that other people saw these creatures too (and they are creatures; they are not human nor were they ever human), and they are the only "supernatural" (I really hate that word) beings that have ever frightened me...and it's not a fear based on their appearance, but on the wrongness of them.

Their speech, their body language, the flat affect of their gaze...they're not at ease in the human body because they don't belong in it. They are symbiotic. If I had to guess, I'd say they are likely inter-dimensional beings and the only way they can exist in our 3D realm is to occupy a host. Like a puppet. That is what makes them so intensely creepy...they are essentially "wearing" a human being, like a costume.

They seem to be highly amused by the charade, hence the smugness: I know that YOU know that I know that YOU know... They also know that not everyone can see them for what they are. And I'll tell you something else about them...fear is a delight to them, so when they single someone out, they expect to instill fear and be able to use it to manipulate their target. And when that doesn't happen they become more aggressive, e.g., the toe stepping and mocking the OP with the knowledge of his name despite him not giving that info to her. In my case, it resulted in a physical attack. Had he shown fear or nervousness rather than stoicism, he might have learned more about her intent, because that's what she desired. Instead, he spoiled her fun.

I can see that in the eyes, myself! No different color, no blackness (if they even have it), but the demonic quality isn't hard to spot! Saddam Hussein had that as well, before his capture. After, he looked abandoned.

Yes! Yes, yes, yes. We are 100% on the same wavelength. He also looked bewildered, as if he was not sure what exactly had happened to him. I don't believe the host is cognizant of these beings' occupation of their bodies. I also believe that a lot of what people refer to as "demons" are actually beings much like (or in some cases, even the same as) these. I don't believe in satan or any of that, but I definitely do believe that true evil exists, in our world and every other one in the Universe.

To the OP, the business about fundraising, could be normal and could be off. Sometimes churches will have a special fund for building (or I guess a mortgage), so that alone isn't too weird, and I have seen funds raised for missionaries as well, though usually not more than once or twice a year. As a regular thing, that seems a bit much. Maybe they simply have had a lot lately, or maybe there is more to it. Hard to say without having been there.

The fact that it is a Catholic church strikes me as odd. Baptists, I could see doing that with no problem but Catholics, not so much.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join