It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Day "War of the Worlds" Social Experiment with a twist.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
This idea has been on my mind for a while and thought this place as good as any to share it.

We all know about the War of the World Radio Broadcast incident that took place in 1938. Orson Wells' novel was broadcast over the radio in a manner that portrayed it as actually happening at that moment in time and caused mass panic amongst the public.

Why? Because the public did not have any way to verify the authenticity of the incidents actually occuring which were being boradcast at the time.

Modern Day Experiment

Lets consider for a second, our "Government" running a similar program to the original "WoW" broadcast with the aid of modern technology - But instead of an "Alien Attack", lets use the example of "ISIL/ISIS" and "The Islamic State".

With the aid of falsified broadcasts, fake news reporting, using footage from varying past conflicts and falsified interviews, governments of the world could pull off the same thing with non of us any wiser.

ISIS is just an example though there is some truth to it I beleive.

Basically, with media/technology, the Government could over time fabricate an enemy through our television network, fabricate a great threat, fabricate a location that not many have been too, block any news reports that go against "the plot", and hype up the threat to the point the public supports the govermnment increasing spending and sending troops who knows where when they have been telling the public one thing but doing another.

Am I making sense?

Another example.....lets pic an African country over-run by a warlord - he kidnaps 200 school girls, continues kidnappings over time, and attrocities. Most of the public are non the wiser, majority of American public dont know where Australia is let alone some little #ty African hellhole.

The media feeds the reporting of attrocities, Hollywood is signed up covertly to produce staged battles for the news netowrks and claiming them as real footage, people demand action, president signs a decree to send troops to quash this warlord, troops get sent, the warlord never existed, the attrocities never existed, and our troops have illegally invaded and overtaken a small african nation and US Troops have built a huge base there, with long term plans for the takeover of resources in Africa.

NONE OF US WOULD BE ANY WISER THAN THE CRAP FED TO US VIA THE MEDIA.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Melbourne_Militia

Right, I would tweak it a little though most of the news has been focused on "domestic infrastructure".
Maybe we will have a generation of soldiers that know how to strip, clean and lube a nail gun?

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Orson Wells' novel was broadcast over the radio in a manner that portrayed it as actually happening at that moment in time and caused mass panic amongst the public.
Actually, probably not.
www.slate.com...

NONE OF US WOULD BE ANY WISER THAN THE CRAP FED TO US VIA THE MEDIA.
You mean like a recent ATS thread about a Russian coup? I beg to differ. Some of us, it seems, were the wiser. It's surprising what critical thinking can accomplish. Try it sometime.

You can fool some people all the time though. That is true.
edit on 5/17/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Basically, with media/technology, the Government could over time fabricate an enemy through our television network

There are a lot more media outlets than TV......not plausible in my opinion.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Argyll

According to the latest ENSO data we are headed for a late summer El Nino pattern.
That would tend to reduce the chance of a Cape Verde type Hurricane annihilating Miami.
Still could be a problem for the northern gulf states though.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

You ever read George Orwell's 1984?
Same plot.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You mean like a recent ATS thread about a Russian coup? I beg to differ. Some of us, it seems, were the wiser. It's surprising what critical thinking can accomplish. Try it sometime.

You can fool some people all the time though. That is true.

Difference with the Russian Coup stories were that it was based upon rumour and heresay - what I am talking about is a concerted government effort to manufacture a story, with footage and everything else that goes along with it to deceive the public for a pedetermined goal, whilst at the same time, stifeling any stories or opinions that counter their story.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Your idea is not new. Did you ever read 1984?

As has been pointed out, it would be now, more than ever, more difficult to pull it off. And the consequences of failing such an attempt would not be beneficial to the perps.

You can't fool all of the people all of the time. ATS, now. That's a different matter.

edit on 5/17/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
5 year lurker 3rd time responder -- Didnt read the OP this time. I cant post and OP on this so mods please move as necessary.

I just saw my first Arial ufos. Three no less. As I stepped out to smoke for likely the 10th time today, with the cliuds I initially saw one in a somewhat reverse eagle sillouette. This was at dusk and as soon as I saw it it immediately, very slowly and gracefully banked and dipped into the previouslh painted trails that had expanded already.

I was enthused and attempted to follow it through the trees visually. After following for less than a minute or two, two more ships appeared exactly where it appeared originally.

I watched and followed them only seeing them by the reflection of the sun and they immediately did the same maneuver; very slowly and gracefully turned into the previously plainted trails.

I was completely shocked and astounded. I had to refocus once or twice as they kept disappearing a few times.

After they went into the clouds and I could see them no longer, I went inside, in shock and collected myself and used the bathroom.

Less than 10 minutes later I walked out again and the sky was being painted DIRECTLY over my house by three planes! These planes were visible to me and after their burst went invisible or high enough to where I couldnt see them.

This is one of the most amazing things Ive ever seen.

Not trying to highjack the thread but have no OP rights at this time.

As a life long high level empath Ive always been aware of many things. Ive never seen a ufo and Ive lived in SD and FL for many, many years.

I thought they were doing trails to control weather and poison us.

I now assume after this they are largely doing it to hide whatever I saw this evening.

1) Why hide things w chem trails?
2) Can everyone see this type of thing?
3) How do they know to spray dtraight over my hous right after I see them?
4) Is that us or them?
5) Obviously they know I could observe them
6) Why move and hide very, very slowly into the clouds?

In conclusion, these were three shops of different altitudes, shapes and sizes the all came from the dame spot in the sky and all immediately did the same very slow manuever into the clouds.

First one as and upside down eagle or bird that moved quicker than the two and then two at the same time after that both were very much larger of different shapes and pullthe exact same manuever.

Never quite seen anything like this in my life. Was about 50 miles outside of a Chitown. Why would they be painting that anyway?

Not sure how to attach photos. Still another post or twn to create my own OP.

Thanks for reading!

Mods move as necessary.

MTN
Masterbuilder
edit on 17-5-2015 by masterbuilder22 because: typeos

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Too many people still blindly believe what they hear some random guy tell them in a YouTube video -- especially if that guy says something that already matches peoples' preconceived notions. There are some people who are just sheep who will believe anything they WANT to believe.

For example, if someone is apt to already believe Nibiru exists, then some random person makes a YouTube video saying "Nibiru is close right now, and it's ready to cause major havoc for us poor Earthlings, but the Anunnaki will save us!", then that guy who made the video will suddenly be believed by all of those people, even if his evidence of Nibiru is a lens flare at sunrise.

edit on 5/17/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

You can't fool all of the people all of the time.

Do you really believe that.

They seemed to do a pretty good job about fooling most people, when it came to Iraq having nuclear weapons. They just need to get the MSM involved and then the majority will just blindly follow. Then by the time the masses find out they were lied to, there short attention spans have already lost interest and moved on to the next big thing.

They did the same thing with ISIS, imo. There's nothing new about religious extremists in the ME executing people , but they sure made it look like some huge new phenomena, simply by it posted on YT.

"The masses of the people are far more likely to fall victim to to a big lie, than a small lie"
-Adolf Hitler

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Yes.

They seemed to do a pretty good job about fooling most people, when it came to Iraq having nuclear weapons.
Did they? Or did they fool Congress? Because they didn't fool me.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

They seemed to do a pretty good job about fooling most people, when it came to Iraq having nuclear weapons.
Did they? Or did they fool Congress? Because they didn't fool me.

They didn't fool me either. But they fooled enough people for 48 countries to willingly participate in the invasion.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I don't know about the "fooled" part.
There are other forces at work in global politics than convincing leaders that Hussein was out to commit global terrorism.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I already have a feeling that some of the ISIS videos are fake anyway. I have felt from the beginning,that there was something totally off about ISIS. Whenever 2+2 doesn't equal 4,I know something is amiss.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Orson Wells' novel

You have your " Wells " confused,

" War Of The Worlds " was written by H.G. Wells, not Orson Wells.

edit on 18-5-2015 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Why? Because the public did not have any way to verify the authenticity of the incidents actually occuring which were being boradcast at the time.

That's not the only reason why 'some' people went off the deep end (most didn't though, i suspect most were only mildly anxious/curious)..the reason some people were very concerned, wasn't the thought of alien life existing...wasn't about damaging religious belief, wasn't even about how life will change now we know ET is alive and well and knocking on our door...it was the fact that during the broadcast, Wells read out that the 'Martians' were busy KILLING people with exotic weapons that we could not match.

Think about the very real and very big difference, when debunkers will offer this broadcast as proof Humanity cannot handle the truth of ET coming here...it's not about the realisation of external, intelligent life...it was all about that external life being reported to the masses as starting to wipe out Humanity with unbeatable weapons.

Huge difference, Huge difference in people's reactions.

I do agree with your point that without the internet and sites like ATS (many others too), if all we had to go on was the bent and corrupt, agenda driven MSM..we'd never know what was real and what was contrived for gain.

And even now, with all of these extra tools to help clarify matters, much of what we're told is not particularly black and white.

edit on 18-5-2015 by MysterX because: added text

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Orson Wells' novel

You have your " Wells " confused,

" War Of The Worlds " was written by H.G. Wells, not Orson Wells.

Wells (Orson) read the radio broadcast though, and that is what the OP is referring to.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I find the same thing happens with Politicians, religious people, Media people, advertising people, financial people and just about every other kind of people.

I suppose it's simply part and parcel of the Human experience for most people, so there's not much point wasting energy railing against it. Besides, we all are naive at some point in our lives..that point in an individuals life may be very different for different people, with some evolving a keen sense of discernment during late childhood, while others may not lose their gullibility until late adulthood, if ever.

It's a normal part of us.

new topics

top topics

join