It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharia Law Comes to Walmart According to Allen West

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Just like it blows our mind Europeans can buy beer at Burger King.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

This is my favorite bit...

"but Christians are being forced to participate in specific events contrary to their religious beliefs? "

Except they're not.

We know what this is alluding to, but NO Christian is being "forced" to "participate" in anything.

Seems to be yet another bs piece by another bs "Christian" Republican loudmouth idiot.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Sharia law exists within certain communities here in the U.K.

is there a McDonald's in Iraq yet?

So does Catholic spiritual guidance, and Jewish too, what's your point?

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Australia needs a few Walmarts, I hear you can buy beer in the next aisle from a lawn-chair - we have no such luxuries, I have to get into my god-damn car after shopping for a lawn-chair and drive 20 meters if I want a beer whilst lawn-chairing.

Youse Yanks have got it made with Walmarts, underground tunnels and minimum wage.

ETA: I would comply with any law in a shop that sold beer as well as hardware, food, fridges and bricks - sounds like heaven. In fact, I would probably spend all day there - especially if I could consume my beer at the same time as shopping.

edit on 17-5-2015 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Well they don't let us use those underground tunnels and they look at you like you're crazy when you ask.

Even if you tell them that you read it on the internet and you know they have them.
But yes they really are a one stop shop.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Don't be too jealous of those booze-buying Walmart US customers...

Because they have to stare at this whilst standing in line waiting to pay for their 12-pack of Bud Light:

Nevermind sharia law, they need a fricken dress code.

"For the health and welfare of our customers, asscracks are strictly forbidden in all Walmart stores (this means you too, plumbers !). Thank you for your patronage."

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: johnwick

So it doesn't matter that he lied about what was going on?

Or stretched the truth if you will..

You say you bash both but with a perfect opportunity to do that you only bash one side.
Giving the other side the ole Hillary 'Does it really even matter' defense.
I think I used that right...

Yes you used that correctly!!! I lol honestly!!!!

I didn't bash the right because it wasn't implied in the op.

If I bash the left, must I also bash the right out of context?

It seems more fitting to bash each in context.

Though honestly speaking the left seems to make it very easy.

The right more so about religion or gays.

But both sides are at extremes in their own way.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Cringe!

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Australia needs a few Walmarts, I hear you can buy beer in the next aisle from a lawn-chair - we have no such luxuries, I have to get into my god-damn car after shopping for a lawn-chair and drive 20 meters if I want a beer whilst lawn-chairing.

Youse Yanks have got it made with Walmarts, underground tunnels and minimum wage.

ETA: I would comply with any law in a shop that sold beer as well as hardware, food, fridges and bricks - sounds like heaven. In fact, I would probably spend all day there - especially if I could consume my beer at the same time as shopping.

Well technically, the lawnchairs are in sporting goods.

Depending on the layout, one may have to walk over 30 meters to access the beer from the lawn chairs, oh for shame and injustice!!!

Honestly though it is very different depending on location.

Alcohol is Regulated by the states, and the local level.

In some states you can buy beer, drive a few hundred feet and be arrested for having beer in a dry county.

This is mostly in the south, but it is idiotic.

In Indiana there is no alcohol purchasing on Sunday period, unless you go to a bar or restraint.

In Texas it is 7 am to midnight Monday thru Friday sat 7 am to 1 am Sunday 10 am to midnight.

Though liguor is illegal after 10 pm everyday for takeout.

Our alcohol laws are douche bagesus to the max.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: johnwick

No it didn't happen, which you would know if you clicked links. How the hell did I bash Jewish people? I think it's great that people have easy access to foods that they can eat. My point was that why is it a big deal for any stores to carry halal meat if it's not when they carry Kosher foods.

The hysteria is strong in you.

I read the link. I don't even think this thread or these opinions are about religion. What I got out of the article was that it is just one big steaming heap of political correctness.

If people weren't so worried about who Should and shouldn't be offended. Someone just might occasionally have the right to their personal opinion.

Myself I just wish everyone would get back to saying what is actually on their minds. (Sigh) None of the foo foo political correctness crap. I'd really like to hear what people honestly think instead of debating what political correctness teaches us to think.

I am politically incorrect, that's true. Political correctness to me is just intellectual terrorism. I find that really scary, and I won't be intimidated into changing my mind. Everyone isn't going to love you all the time.

Richard Dawkins

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I'm not sure how it's trying to be politically correct to talk about what a moron Allen West is and how idiotic it is to keep pushing this fear of Sharia Law take over in the US. Or is that anything you disagree with is PC BS? Am I misunderstanding you?
edit on 5/17/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

That is Mel Gibsons quote, is that the authority you want to appeal to?
www.brainyquote.com...
Richard Dawkins never said that.
And, ya how is this PC?

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Sorry man I know that might've been a little bit of a rant.

Yes I know Allen West is an idiot?

But it all involves political correctness. If it wasn't about political correctness we would never have been worrying about who's feelings we hurt in the first place. Our treatment of religions with political correctness is the pinnacle of the term oxymoron.

If a store doesn't want to sell alcohol because of Muslim beliefs fine!!! People shouldn't go there if that offends them. Hell pick a Catholic store to get your liquor, but you probably won't be able to get condoms fine. I'm not sure where the whole thing with Mogen David wine and Jewish stores will work into this but you see what I'm getting at don't you?

What I was saying in my original reply is. I really miss the days when you could talk about a subject with someone and know for sure it was their opinion. Not the opinion people think they should have as not to offend anyone.

edit on 17-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Remembered it partially then got it off wiki. It credited Richard Dawkins from the economist.

I explained it earlier. When you're worried more about someone's feelings than what you actually think it is political correctness. Many if not most of the people that take positions on issues like these do so for political correctness.

Edit; Here's the quote from wiki quote. Richard Dawkins 1993 Mel Gibson 1997.

Richard Dawkins, in The Economist, Vol. 328 (1993) I am politically incorrect, that's true. Political correctness to me is just intellectual terrorism. I find that really scary, and I won't be intimidated into changing my mind. Everyone isn't going to love you all the time. Mel Gibson, as quoted in interview with Roald Rynning in Film Review (January 1997), p. 37

edit on 17-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Gotcha. Sorry for misunderstanding you. PC can definitely go overboard whether right-wing or left-wing PC but I do think it's okay to be polite and considerate of others feelings. This however doesn't really have much to do with feelings. It has to do with fomenting a situation some people desperately want to exist.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that you guys in the US can buy booze at a Walmart.

It blows my mind that generations of servitude have left people across the pond mesmerized that basic goods that have been consumed for millenia are available at the general store.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

You are combining the two quotes.

It is an article of passionate faith among 'politically correct' biologists and anthropologists that brain size has no connection with intelligence; that intelligence has nothing to do with genes; and that genes are probably nasty fascist things anyway.

This was Dawkins with his name under it.

I am politically incorrect, that's true. Political correctness to me is just intellectual terrorism. I find that really scary, and I won't be intimidated into changing my mind. Everyone isn't going to love you all the time.

This was Gibsons with his name under it.
en.wikiquote.org...
Dawkins has nothing to do with it.

Political correctness is one of the brilliant tools that the American Right developed in the mid-1980s, as part of its demolition of American liberalism. . . . What the sharpest thinkers on the American Right saw quickly was that by declaring war on the cultural manifestations of liberalism — by levelling the charge of "political correctness" against its exponents — they could discredit the whole political project.

I think this one, and the one below it sum things up rather nicely IMO.
The other one is far to long and contains some rather harsh language so won't quote it.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

It has to do with fomenting a situation some people desperately want to exist.

That's my point about why I hate political correctness. Before political correctness many people told you just where they stood. You knew and completely understood that person's position because they set it.

Now you don't know whether people actually mean it or they are just saying it because they are supposed to. In many cases it is had the exact opposite of the desired effect. Instead of bringing everything out into the open to be talked about political correctness is causing people to lock away their true feelings and present a false face.

I don't want to take your thread too far off topic I'll get off my position.

Beers

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I saw this and did a bit of reading and looked at the facts. Here is probably what happened:

Texas, has a very tough laws when it comes to the sale of alcohol and tobacco. They do not play around, if an undercover officer and a decoy come in and a law concerning the sale of Tobacco or Alcohol is broken, the cashier breaking the law, is shown a badge, asked to produce an id, and if the law is broken, is handcuffed and taken to jail, on the charges of breaking the law. Right there, there is no ticket, no summons at all.

Now from what I have read, this is not Sharia as the man claims, but simply that the person working the register was underage, probably about 17 running a register. By law someone who is under the age of 18 is not allowed to ring up the sale of alcohol at all. So the kid followed the procedure, called over a manager to ring up the alcohol. So if the store employee was following the law, and the store policy, how is this Sharia?

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I see, I made a mistake on the two credits you are correct.

Anyway.......

I like this quote better.

The term "political correctness" has always appalled me, reminding me of Orwell's "Thought Police" and fascist regimes. Helmut Newton, in American Photo (January/February 2000), p. 90

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join