It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Disgust Me (Title Shortened)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Alleged Female Airman Goes Off in Scathing Letter About Sexual Harassment Training: ‘You Disgust Me’ and ‘Made Me Into a Helpless Whore’

You made me a victim today, and I am nobody’s victim. I am an American Airman in the most powerful Air Force in the world, and you made me into a helpless whore. A sensitive, defenseless woman who has no power to protect herself, who has nothing in common with the men she works with. You made me untouchable, and by doing that you made me a target. You gave me a transparent parasol, called it an umbrella and told me to stand idly by while you placed everything from rape to inappropriate shoulder brushes in a crowded hallway underneath it.

Source

Some interesting commentary at the source listed. My Favorite:

As an Air Force person I guarantee the powers that be in the Air Force are DESPERATELY trying to figure out who this woman is...and she'll be a civilian in the morning if they can find out. She should keep her head down and not say another word outside a pseudonym.

She has violated possibly the most important rule possible: Never Challenge The Bullsnip.

The bullsnip expands out of everything from Fit To Fight (Which totally *ISN'T* a force shaping tool ) to the idea that the biggest priorities to the Air Force isn't keeping airplanes in the air putting warheads on hadji foreheads. It's telling people not to kill themselves and don't rape anyone. Actually learning your job comes a distant last.

Looks like the topic went viral from the John Q. Public pages. The whole note is worth reading for perspective.

I don't know if the writer is going to come forward and take credit. However, I have to agree with the denunciation of these military social projects. I have to attend this damned training and I walk away with the same feeling an interrogation subject experiences. It messes with your head. It's brainwashing to the nᵗʰ degree. And, if you're ever the subject of a baseless claim ... believe me, you'll take a 'special' approach to anyone who's different from you in any way, shape, form or fashion.

Does anyone with similar experiences believe this may prompt the services to take it down a notch?

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

No.

The top brass are all yes men today, Obama fired every one that would dare challenge the party line.

Good leader....too bad.

Great commander....too bad.

Left leaning tool....congrats, you are being promoted!!

It started under Clinton, continued under bush, took leaps and bounds under Obama.

The military is a political tool these days, not a force used to protect America.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Though I'd like to lay the blame on him, this started way before Obama. Seemed to be just another one of those Affirmative Action kind'a things. And no one had better step out of the PC line

Did you know there's now a distinction made between EO and EEO? They don't even combine the training anymore. I think we've got a couple dozen programs like this going now.

Why can't we get a few 'bean counters' on our side and add up all the man-hours this stuff requires ... and bring an end to it.

The last one they tried to pull on us required we submit 'mug shots' and our medical histories. Got that one shut down with a couple of legal questions (pats self on back), but they were going at it full-bore until the question of who was going to take the blame came up.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Though I'd like to lay the blame on him, this started way before Obama. Seemed to be just another one of those Affirmative Action kind'a things. And no one had better step out of the PC line

Did you know there's now a distinction made between EO and EEO? They don't even combine the training anymore. I think we've got a couple dozen programs like this going now.

Why can't we get a few 'bean counters' on our side and add up all the man-hours this stuff requires ... and bring an end to it.

The last one they tried to pull on us required we submit 'mug shots' and our medical histories. Got that one shut down with a couple of legal questions (pats self on back), but they were going at it full-bore until the question of who was going to take the blame came up.

You are absolutely right on here.

I would love to blame obama, but couldn't do so with integrity if I tried.

Sure it took a nlbs jump under Obama, but honestly, when I served, it was stated by the senior brass and 1st Sgt(over20 years in at that time, 6 as a marine "gunnery" that in his experience it began under Clinton) that it began long before big O.

First they laid the ground work, then big O walked in on the red carpet and gutted any decent from the higher ups......

Now it is only yes men in charge.

"ROTC marching in high heels, yes sir!!!"

"Extra training to make sure 1 out of a 1,000 is not offended by the majority acting in a fashion 999 out of a 1,000 agree with, yes sir!!"

"We can't allow men to act like "men" if it offends 1 out of a 1,000 soldiers. They must be made less manly to accommodate the 1 in 1,000!!!!"

" what, a man was being manly? Discharge for "failure to adapt", this will not be tolerated!!"

Sorry as it is, I saw it coming and left.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Surely a man acting like a man, is diligent, respectful, thoughtful, intelligent, and efficient, and capable none the less of acts of extreme brutality ONLY when the situation absolutely demands it? Surely a man who acts like a man, values honour, respect for himself and for others equally, and carries with him dignity and a personal code of ethics which prevents him from behaving like a louse?

Manly, is a word misused in all but a small percentage of paragraphs in which it is referred to. It does not mean loud, it does not mean brash, and it does not mean slovenly of deed or word. Manly means solid, reliable, capable and dependable. It means unwilling to back down from a fight, but unwilling to fight for no reason. It means intelligent, questioning, high functioning, aware, compassionate, merciful, and relentless. It is manly to be sensitive, and it is only boys who play at being men, who think that hiding behind bravado is a sign of strength. Manly men need no such barrier between themselves and the world they inhabit, because they have the strength to persevere without that noise and mind numbing stupidity.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Does anyone with similar experiences believe this may prompt the services to take it down a notch?

I wish it would but, it is much more likely that she will be tracked down and charged with insubjugation.

new topics

top topics

join