It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Dog is acting like I hear dogs do before Earthquake, IN SCOTLAND!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

The last 3 weeks or so our Staffordshire Terrier dog has been acting real strange. I live in Edinburgh, Scotland. I hear and read many stories pets act strange before Earthquakes and other things.
She is 4 years old, she can't have pups as she got the operation when she was 1. She has never acted this way in the years we have had her. We lost her for a day when she got into the laundry room and jumped in the washing machine, she hid so well another day we thought she had left the house for her to appear about 2 hours later, we have no idea where she hid. I have a fairly big house but 4 of us looked for her for an hour, nothing. She tries to get behind my PC desk, under the dining room table and behind the kitchen door where we keep beer/bottles etc.
She looks visibly scared but no matter what we do she just want's to hide.
Today I though "I will hide her" so I put her in the small toilet at the back of the house, she is there now and asleep.

My Dad has lost 2 dogs in 2 years and he said both dogs tried to hide before they died. We have had her at the Vet and they can't find an issue. Could my dog be picking up on something? She really is getting more scared the more it happens.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Shaun

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Do you have any mining or fracking going on anywhere near you?

It could also be down to the weather, I have had dogs that go crazy and a storm comes along soon after.

Are you in good health youself? There are lots of stories about pets picking up on human illness and freaking out.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Could be anything. However, on seismic activity try...

British Geological Survey

They have a tracker to see what's going on under our feet.

Edit to add that there was a magnitude 1.3 in Perthshire on 12th May...
edit on 17/5/2015 by paraphi because: for reason given

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: shauny

Any big construction projects happening within a few miles f where you live recently?
Your dog could be getting freaked out by infrasound(which humans can't hear).

I hope she gets better.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Perhaps it is the camera versus eye angle, but it looks like your dog has cataracts. Her eye is "milky." That would be unusual since she is only four years old. Does she bump her nose on things as she moves around?

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
From one Dog to another...WooF
SHe has to poo, take her out more often and watch what see looks at... could give you some needed clues as to why.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

She's clearly upset about the UK elections which has caused a lot of people across the UK to want to hide.

But, seriously, it does sound like she's suffering from some form of anxiety. As others have suggested, it may be connected to sounds that we cannot hear. And it is like the way dogs behave prior to earthquakes.

You might consider odors. Have you done any changes at the house that could have altered the odor of the place, i.e. carpet cleaning, painting, new floors, etc.?

Or have there been any other changes that might of upset? Dogs appreciate continuity and hate change. Has anyone moved in or out? Have anything of significance been added or take out of the house?

You could also try taking her to another location a significant distance away. And see if the behavior continues. That could tell you whether the phenomena is related to something in your location.

But, until you locate the cause, let her hide. And give her as much attention and comfort as you can.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I have taken an Animals in Disasters course as part of my 1st Responder training. It can only be 2 things.

1. Most all animals go hide or lay down somewhere when they arent well, or getting sick.
2. They, especially dogs...have an extreme sense of smell and hearing.

So, it may be hearing and feeling vibration above or below what we can...or your dog....like the others...is ill.

Now if the dog is apparently healthy...I would expect the 2nd one.

Good luck...you could contact a large university close to you and get directed to someone in Animal Studies.

MS
edit on 17-5-2015 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Can you take her to the vet?
Cats hide when they are sick. I don't know about dogs doing that

Hope you can figure out why she is behaving this way

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Hey shauny-
Give us an update Bro.
Is your dog OK?

new topics