It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Obama pilot describes lengthy UFO encounter

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueMessiah

Let's not pretend that a detail like the moon which is being used to clarify a salient point in the story is not important.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

What was that object that was clearly visible on the other side?
The moon? Sorry not when it can't even be determined if it was full or a crescent. The moon is so very important to the story yet this detail is changeable. Makes the whole story stink. Sorry but it's an important detail that is being used as a reference point and proof and if it changes with one version or another it just can't be true.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

What was that object that was clearly visible on the other side?
The moon? Sorry not when it can't even be determined if it was full or a crescent. The moon is so very important to the story yet this detail is changeable. Makes the whole story stink. Sorry but it's an important detail that is being used as a reference point and proof and if it changes with one version or another it just can't be true.

The pilot relaying this story clearly states it was a crescent moon that night, so the moon was definitely not the object he saw.

He says this at about 55 seconds in:

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

why do talking heads scream in that condescending voice that I personally cannot stomach?
god I can't stand the media

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

You really don't know how he managed to leap to spaceships and aliens based on what he saw? Doesn't that possibility fall on the spectrum of possible explanations?

Sure it does...it's a possibility that comes lower on the list than spaceships. I haven't disputed his description of events, just wondered how he thought it was 'probably aliens?'

I'm not sure why you are upset about him mentioning the correlation between the possibility of intelligent life in the universe and the number of galaxies and solar systems, isn't the Drake equation and other similar ones based on the same premise?

'Irked,' not upset. We've got marsupials in Australia and none in Northern Europe. Just because they exist in abundance in Australia doesn't mean they must be in N. Europe too. Likewise, there might be an empire of aliens just round the corner of the spiral arm of our galaxy; must that mean they are here? The two potential realities aren't automatically dependent on each other and there is no known 'correlation.'.

Do you think an EBE craft is a possibility or would you completely rule that out?

There have been numerous reports that sound exactly like structured, intelligent objects that don't belong to any known nation on Earth. Go look up the Rogue River report from the late 1940s for a clear example off the top of my head..or Red Bluff. I've written threads that raise the exact same question, but nuance and scepticism go over many people's heads.

Did you know that Jacques Vallee saw a 'structured disc-shaped craft' in the 1950s? No ifs or buts, he saw it with another witness. He spent the first 7-8 years as a full-on ETH proponent. He's interviewed (face to face) 100s of close encounter claimants from all areas and professions - pilots, farmers, astronomers. He worked with J. Allen Hynek and they were both exposed to as many first-hand testimonies as you can dream of. By the 1970s, they both came to doubt the ETH. Yes. With all that experience and subject-knowledge, they couldn't quite see the ETH as workable.

Does that make those guys 'debunkers?' They both accepted that the reports were frequently accurate and yet couldn't ultimately support the ETH. They agreed that it was a 'possibility' that also had major issues to explain all the reports. They refused to ignore the data that spoilt the elegance of an ETH and so had to entertain other ideas.

My argument is simply that not everything we can't explain has to be 'aliens' or 'spaceships.' Isn't it ironic that someone with Vallee's experience would be chased off ATS for not believing 'aliens' are the answer to everything? J Allen Hynek would be criticised despite all he studied and published. Too many people assume disagreement comes from ignorance of the subject when it might actually be because they've immersed themselves in it and suspended judgement.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Thank you for this post, you bring up some great points and have well-defended your original comments.

As well, I agree that in ufology people do tend to reference "aliens" at first blush too often, and are subsequently proven wrong.

I just thought that this witness, due to his profession, was probably more credible than the average UFO witness - but you have shown that still does not necessarily mean "aliens".

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I'm glad you took the post in the way it was intended.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

It was a good spot at a time when Ufology seems to have reached a low ebb (after the 'Roswell slides' debacle). And duly starred and flagged because of the effort made to write up a post to bring it to our attention.

I think the pilot is absolutely genuine in relaying his story. But there is the small matter of the phase of the moon.

The pilot (Andy Danziger) appears to be the author of the column in the nydailynew.com article of Tuesday, April 7 2015.

It was April 10, 1989 and early in my career. I was still a first officer at a regional airline. It was about 8 p.m. and we had just taken off from Kansas City International Airport bound for Waterloo, Iowa. It was a beautiful evening, with a full moon, clear skies and crisp early spring temperature

It may be only a small matter but why did he change his story in the short time between then and the TV interview? Did he check on the internet after writing the article and realise it was nowhere near a full moon, did he have a memory lapse or was there another reason? It may or may not be crucial to the story. He may have mixed up the dates accidentally.

Of course being an experienced pilot means he will be aware of a number of things many of us are not. But when anyone is faced with something they have no previous reference to then being a pilot, police officer or military officer does not necessarily give them any advantage over other human beings.

It could well be that Mr. Danziger was confused by the alignment of the planets to the opposite side of the "crescent moon" and this was followed by the Lyrid meteor shower causing the strange effects seen in the cloud cover. That was just my theory and I was being a little mischievous there as well. Because with the information we have I don't think we can actually say what this guy saw for certain.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Really good story and I hope more pilots will tell their story. But you have to be pilot with good credentials to persuade the people to believe what you say is really true. .

Whatever I always appreciate when pilots tell these stories, because YouTube videos and pictures nowadays don't count anymore as evidence for seeing something special.

The earth was once flat remember that...

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this incredible story. UFOs are a reality.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
caught a part of "The Unexplained Files" from last year that I must have missed somehow. The show was all about pilots and ufo's. They touched on the famous O'Hare ufo from 2006 I think it was. I always wondered if there were ever any pics of the ufo as I have never seen any until this show. They did show an actual picture of the ufo. It was a classic saucer shape, very metallic and sleek looking. This was the one that rose straight up through a cloud in the "snap of a finger", said Leslie Kean, and it punched a circular hole through the clouds. I have no doubt in my mind this was an e.t. visiting for the afternoon at O' Hare.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99

Don't know what he saw and unless he was in communication with the craft, he apparently doesn't either. But the 3 things you said were all you saw as possible are a very tiny box to be in. ET is real. We're all ET. And there are sides, slavers who are entrapping humanity in web of deceit and our 1% work for them, and those trying to wake us up.

ok, lay off the David icke for a bit

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

We slowly lost altitude and at around 13,000 feet, the brightly glowing ball began a gradual descent, too. As it did, it slowly started disappearing behind those wispy clouds. In about 30 seconds, like a setting sun but not nearly as bright, it vanished behind the clouds. The instant it fully disappeared, hundreds of lights began flashing from within the clouds.

This sounds a lot like he's describing some sort of natural light effect the way it follows their movement, always out of reach, then scattering once behind the clouds. I don't get the impression of a "nuts and bolts" UFO.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join