It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Obama pilot describes lengthy UFO encounter

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueMessiah

Since when has a disc been equated to any form of weather phenomena?

Here's one example.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's another.
c1.staticflickr.com...
edit on 5/17/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Here's one example.

Here's another.
c1.staticflickr.com...

What is that exactly?
Edit: Seems to be a cloud but see if you can find something that fits the description of what the pilot described as being similar to the moon.
edit on CDTSun, 17 May 2015 16:46:43 -0500000000America/ChicagoMayAmerica/Chicago434346pm by TrueMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

A lenticular cloud. A weather phenomenon.
earthsky.org...

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

It's a great reported sighting he makes in that interview. No idea how he managed to leap to spaceships and aliens based on what he described seeing. And how many more times must someone *prove* something was 'aliens' based on how many bloody stars there are in the universe? It irks the crap out of me! Also why would the presenter equate aliens with having no fear of dying? From sighting to evidence of an afterlife with not a rational thought in between.

You really don't know how he managed to leap to spaceships and aliens based on what he saw? Doesn't that possibility fall on the spectrum of possible explanations? And doesn't a pilot who has flown for decades and has tens of thousands of hours under his belt, and presumably seen or heard himself or from fellow pilots just about everything related to strange aerial phenomenon have a better grasp from experience on what could be ruled out and what the remaining alternatives are?

I'm not sure why you are upset about him mentioning the correlation between the possibility of intelligent life in the universe and the number of galaxies and solar systems, isn't the Drake equation and other similar ones based on the same premise?

That part about dying I missed, I'll have to go back and look at that, it seems like a bit of a non-sequitur.

The impression I'm left with from his report is that of a weather phenomenon. Another impression is that the guy is relating what he saw accurately; I believe him.

Okay, you say there have been reports of clouds with flashing lights and clouds that pull apart which are weather phenomenon, what kind of weather phenomenon do you think would be the disc that mirrored the course of his aircraft for 40 minutes?

Do you think an EBE craft is a possibility or would you completely rule that out?

edit on 17-5-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: grammar, syntax and context

edit on 17-5-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: epiphany

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Edit: Seems to be a cloud but see if you can find something that fits the description of what the pilot described as being similar to the moon.

That is not what you asked for:

But that's one of the problem with eyewitness reports, we didn't see what the pilot saw. All we have is his description and eyewitness descriptions are not very reliable. Especially when it comes to eyewitness reports about unusual or unfamiliar things.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

earthsky.org...

Didn't the pilot say they watched it for about 40 mins?

How far does a jetliner travel in 40 mins? If it is going around 500mph - that would be about 330 miles.

Would not the cloud move out of view over that distance?

And a better question would be, wouldn't a pilot with decades of experience and tens of thousands of hours know his various cloud formations? Do you think he would risk going on TV as well as all the other reports he detailed if he thought there was a chance this was just a cloud?

Maybe it was a weather balloon with rockets attached?

edit on 17-5-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: math mistake - doh

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

originally posted by: intrptr

Pilots resists telling their tales because they will be grounded if they insist they "see things". Airline companies aren't covering for anything, just concerned with safety.

Thanks for bringing the story.

At 4:12, "It was sooo cool". I totally identify with that.

Nice spin attempt. You want to rethink your first sentence about the pilots being grounded by the airlines if they speak out, because, as you then say, the airlines are concerned about safety?

Sightings can be reported anonymously, which is what I would do. You really cant blame airlines for not wanting their pilots to be associated with alien contact. I cant see how that would possibly be good for business.

While it may impede our investigation into this phenomena, the airlines would like to continue to remain in business.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

That is not what you asked for:

But that's one of the problem with eyewitness reports, we didn't see what the pilot saw. All we have is his description and eyewitness descriptions are not very reliable. Especially when it comes to eyewitness reports about unusual or unfamiliar things.

Ok you answered that but we need specifics due to the fact that the pilot's description is comparable to the moon.
Gosh, how hard can it be to misconstrue what appears to be similar to a moon?

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

earthsky.org...

How far does a jetliner travel in 40 mins? If it is going around 500mph - that would be about 200 miles.

Would not the cloud move out of view over that distance?

And a better question would be, wouldn't a pilot with decades of experience and tens of thousands of hours know his various cloud formations? Do you think he would risk going on TV as well as all the other reports he detailed if he thought there was a chance this was just a cloud?

Maybe it was a weather balloon with rockets attached?

You might want to check you maths.

Other than that I would agree.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: 111DPKING111

originally posted by: Aliensun

originally posted by: intrptr

Pilots resists telling their tales because they will be grounded if they insist they "see things". Airline companies aren't covering for anything, just concerned with safety.

Thanks for bringing the story.

At 4:12, "It was sooo cool". I totally identify with that.

Nice spin attempt. You want to rethink your first sentence about the pilots being grounded by the airlines if they speak out, because, as you then say, the airlines are concerned about safety?

Sightings can be reported anonymously, which is what I would do. You really cant blame airlines for not wanting their pilots to be associated with alien contact. I cant see how that would possibly be good for business.

While it may impede our investigation into this phenomena, the airlines would like to continue to remain in business.

I think, though I could be wrong and it wouldn't apply to everyone, that airlines are missing the boat on this one. If they know of certain air corridors and/or times where the incidence of UFO sightings are higher, it would be a great marketing tool! I bet those flights would be sold out!

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Again, eyewitness reports are not very reliable when it comes to unusual or unfamiliar phenomena. Our minds tend to fill in the blanks. Come to conclusions about size, distance, and speed. Make connections which may not exist.

We can speculate about what the pilot may have seen if we wish. That's it.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

All we have is his description and eyewitness descriptions are not very reliable. Especially when it comes to eyewitness reports about unusual or unfamiliar things.

I know exactly what that means, and how it feels to be one of those unreliable eyewitnesses now.

Honestly, when stuff like this happens, I think people are better off keeping to themselves.

Live and learn I suppose. You really do have to "be there" yourself, no report, account, photo etc can really prove anything. You just come off either looking foolish, or crazy eventually.

edit on 17-5-2015 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Thanks, you were right, stupid math mistake, I'm so glad I was still within the edit window and that mistake did not live on in perpetuity!

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I would not like your opinion to be deemed void because of such a silly mistake!

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
what’s a Obama pilot? Is it like Obama care were everyone pays for there own Pilot ?

Do you mean Airforce one Pilot?

Lol I was thinking the same thing...

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I got 10,000 hours in the military and I spent about 1% of my flying actually looking outside...

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

That is what drives me crazy... We have about 6000 years of nothing but eye-witness reports with no further advancement in proof and people feel one more eye witness report is some how is a game changer.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Did I say that's what the pilot may have seen?

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

You just come off either looking foolish, or crazy eventually.

Nope. Seeing something unusual is just that. You saw something you hadn't seen before. Maybe someone else could have recognized it, maybe not.

The problems may show up when conclusions are made about it. The U is part of UFO for a reason and without enough information it will continue to be so.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Again, eyewitness reports are not very reliable when it comes to unusual or unfamiliar phenomena. Our minds tend to fill in the blanks. Come to conclusions about size, distance, and speed. Make connections which may not exist.

We can speculate about what the pilot may have seen if we wish. That's it.

So basically 20/20 vision is baloney, even when it comes to something as simple as comparing/contrasting unknown phenomena with well known phenomena? It may not be known what the unfamiliar phenomena is but to say the average person can't tell you what it may look like based on what is known is absurd IMO.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join