It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is "God" the Real Deceiver?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Achilles92x

Never mind. Believe what you like.

edit on 19/5/2015 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: TzarChasm
No,man is the deceiver. God and devil are just the masks we use in our mockups.

Who or what created man (assuming it had a prime creator and allowed for these fowl-ups to occur)[nature of the beast] create or destroy.

We are still looking into that. Its a bit premature to form opinions at this time.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ForceMaster

Looks like you and the Vatican think alike since you both worship Lucifer as god.

No reason to debate religion with you because you do not realize worship of God started long before words were written down. It was actually handed down orally from generation to generation.

The Islam faith started that way as well.......orally......

But you have more to worry about then spreading your lies..... you need to think about the blasphemy and disrespect you have shown to God.

Have I judged you? NO I have not BUT you have judged God.

Good luck with your beliefs because you are going to need it.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

No reason to debate religion with you because you do not realize worship of God started long before words were written down. It was actually handed down orally from generation to generation.

the worship of rocks began long before words were written down.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

true.... there were many who bowed to rocks and wood........

silver and gold for the rich......

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

The "false prophet" is here, walking around in the Vatican....... waiting........ Prepare yourself and your loved ones. A world wide calamity is coming....."in our life time" it is soon to arrive.

Then comes he who claims to be God.....but isn't...

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

You are a perfect example of a victim of the deception of Satan. All you guys come up with are theories that promote Satan as the real god. Stop fooling yourself and start realizing that Satan wants to see you burn in hellfire and a great trick to do that is to make his followers believe that he is the true god and that you are also your own god and that you can do whatever you want in temporary life. Satan's main goal is to take as many people as he can to hellfire, it seems that you are willing to follow him. Good luck with your journey, true believers will not be affected by your role-changing god theory.

"And Satan will say when the matter has been concluded, "Indeed, Allah had promised you the promise of truth. And I promised you, but I betrayed you. But I had no authority over you except that I invited you, and you responded to me. So do not blame me; but blame yourselves. I cannot be called to your aid, nor can you be called to my aid. Indeed, I deny your association of me [with Allah ] before. Indeed, for the wrongdoers is a painful punishment." ~ Quran 14:22

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricFeel

Your fear mongering has no power here except for those already scarred by fear.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

And there was light....

Thing is, the Biblical God character is a composite of a well of earlier gods from a well of different traditions. And frankly, I don't see too many problems with that. It's like with kings. The King of Norway is currently named Harald V. 1000 years ago, the King of Norway was named Harald I. The King of Norway gathered all former kingdoms under one head of state (Harald I in the 10th century) and the same King of Norway also waved to the crowd from his palace balcony in Oslo (Harald V, the day you posted your OP). God (Anu was God of Heaven and Ellil was God of Earth, they were both God) brought the Flood about, and God (Enki was God of the Sea) warned and saved saved Noah (Utnapishtim/Atrahasis &c) through it. God did all that, the Biblical concept of God is All in One. God is Allfather and the Allfather is One.

ETA: Back then the divide was not between Catholic and Protestant, Sunni and Shia, it was between humans and the gods. Most all of the earliest cultures carried the same knowledge base, similar to how most nations adhere to the same doctrines of science today.
edit on 19-5-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: misc

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

What you say is, imo, very close to the truth,
It's difficult to communicate because of semantics,
and the relative nature of words.

I wouldn't say that the devil has convinced people
that he is God, but the one people think of as God,
is in fact, not God, but God is this hoaxer's adversary.

Rebel 5

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Any one remember the 3D carton..... " I Pet Goat 2 ".

Here is the vid... I Pet Goat 2. If you havent seen it before.

This video in my opinion describes how the Deception is being used to decieve us....and to keep our mind of the ball.

Here is a good vid. On what the video exposes.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I find your contention dull and uninteresting. Merely the hubrical Lamentations of every human, as per all our proclivity, who blames God for the free will choices of of other humans.

This nonsense that Christ was a confabulation of other or deities has been soundly discredited by academia, most notably skeptics. Perhaps it would be wise to seek the answers for yourself instead of watching Zeitgeist ( which makes more than a few unsubstantiated claims).

No I will not point you to the resources mentioned; save to tell you they are easily found and you seem capable of thinking for yourself.

Though this is a tired premise that you present, I just wanted you to know that above all, Christ commanded ALL of his followers to love everyone unconditionally as he loves us. I say this willingly even should you wish me I'll. I love you and it will get better.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Xenogenesis

Very few Christians act as you sir. I applaud you. Christ, if he did exist, had a very simple message. Love everyone as you love yourself. A fact many Christians have either forgotten, or choose to ignore.

That is how people are supposed to be. i can say it back sir; dispite our differing viewpoints, i love you sir. I love everyone, even, as you said, those who wish me ill. Blessed Be.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jjsr420
Yes, i reply to my own post. A challenge to all who would accept it. Post some love!

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
review some scholarship:

Chuck Missler - How We Got Our Bible
youtu.be...

youtube: The Resurrection Argument That Changed a Generation of Scholars - Gary Habermas at UCSB youtu.be...

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
originally posted by: TzarChasm]originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: TzarChasm
No,man is the deceiver. God and devil are just the masks we use in our mockups.

Who or what created man (assuming it had a prime creator and allowed for these fowl-ups to occur)[nature of the beast] create or destroy..
edit on 19-5-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

There are however some real problems with the idea that the Hebrews created a composite God. Many problems and worthy of a thread.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I admit that I have absolutely zero allegiance to the God of the Middle East. There's been a lot of talk lately about the new date for the end of the world, and Christians are spinning up as usual. I've been told that the date to watch out for is 23 September, 2015. I'll be raising my glass of single malt to them all on the 24th.

That said, I think George Carlin got it right when he said, "Results like these do not belong on the resume of a supreme being. These are the kinds of things you get from an office temp with a bad attitude." I've seen how the god so many worship has lead to nothing but havoc first hand while deployed in the Middle East more than once. If these gates do open up and the Abrahamic opposition comes forth, that's the side I'm choosing. This "god" has had long enough to destroy this world, and has done a stellar job with it. I'm all for new management.

That said, I don't expect anything to happen, other than me drinking Scotch and smiling at the people thinking that CERN is going to open up the gates of Hell when it ramps up to 13 TeV. Every time I hear the Christians spouting off about the gates of Hell opening up, I'm reminded of what Pinhead said in Hellraiser, "Demons to some. Angels to others." The folks entrenched in the Abrahamic god's way of things would see them as demons. To those of us choosing to side with the being that had the audacity to have humans not be eternally ignorant by eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge, they wouldn't be demons at all. I say bring it.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

True. But to talk of plagiarism when we know that these stories were part of a common knowledge base shared by most cultures and civilisations back then. They all had Eden stories and Flood stories, stories of Satan's fall and stories about giants. It's like how most people and cultures today adhere to the same knowledge base in religion, history and science. Big Bang, Evolution, the Jesus story... Different cultures share the same stories with slight differences. Some dedicate these stories to their respective scientists, but let's say that we one day figured that instead of saying Einstein or Pythagoras we'd say 'The Scientist' or 'Science': Science told us about the relationship between squares of the sides in a right triangle, and Science showed the relationship between energy and matter. Instead of saying this or that god brought about the Flood, the biblical authors simply said God did it, no need to go into too much detail.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
If one can look past the so called "faith" garbage that has been drilled into their head by their parents and governments and every other business and organization that benefits from blind , stupid faith and TRUST..(Banks, Business, Religion, Government, Restaurant on the corner...)..It becomes very plain to see what a crock of complete # religion actually and truly is.

I tire of dealing with these zealots in this world who cllaim to love god and their fellow man that in reality are enjoying taking advantage of people for their own profit in the name of Gawd or what
the # ever.

Most everyone is full of crap as long as the lie works for them and when it doesn't they usually fall silent out of fear of persecution by the ignorant religious majority.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join