It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An experienced lover and full circle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I have placed this in metaphysical and philosophy as this is a true story that points to how we all are given another chance on understanding life.
I recall when I was around 16, on a very quiet April evening, myself and and three friends joined in one of our towns favourite bars. To talk in our adolescent ways and down a few beers, where I was living at the time, that was perfectly possible and not an issue if one behaved. Of course we were the youngest members of this bar and on this particular night, the bar was empty and the usual waitress was relieved by an elderly man. It was us four around a diner type table and a large barrelled man in his late fifties decking beers down on a bar stool. Although this was a type of rock bar, this evening the elderly waiter decided on pumping out Leonard Cohen songs. Not our thing at all, but for the first few songs we joked laughed and talked nonsense like any good teenagers do. Eventually, becoming tired by the mood of the songs, I shouted “turn that depressing rubbish... off for Gods sake” We all laughed and the waiter smiled, but the man at the bar did not. Soon he stood in front of our table and said “ This is music is not rubbish and you must not disrespect it! He shouted almost like an order. The four of us burst in to laughter and with that he decided to head butt me the culprit or speaker of the group. This I was not expecting in the least, but my head moved naturally out of the way and his head crashed in to the table, almost like magic. Then he left the bar in a rush, looking freaked out. We talked and laughed again but this time on how is it that someone can get so aggressive over some old depressive singer. So that was our introduction and induction in to Leonard Cohen, it left a very odd smudge over that genre of music. Recently, I watched a documentary about him and I have to confess this man is interesting. I am even willing to admit a few of his songs are magnificent. Thanks for being true to yourself. Well worth a watch if you have some spare time.

edit on 17-5-2015 by ancientthunder because: missing word

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I love Leonard Cohen's music.
It's like Sinatra without the Mafia.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

That picture is most lovely.
Thank you.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I am now loving his music this is the first time I had ever heard it...I love his low calm voice...very soothing like a whisper of true and possibility of finding my own COHEN...

TRULY

shells4u

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Ive heard of this guy. Cool interview. I wish someone could embed the other 2 parts here, as I cannot access YouTube for some reason ever since I switched ISP so I still need to figure that out... But I can still watch videos that have been embedded.

Thanks for sharing.

top topics

join