It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birds Have Fundamental Right to 'Live with Dignity', Rules Indian Court

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

most animal [ regardless of status ] will display abberant behaviour if presented with a mirror .

indeed the ability to discern that the image in the mirror is the subject - not " something else " is a key test of self awareness

Oh, i know this.

But the way it appeared to me was that the bird used the mirror to take out aggression.

Not very scientific, i know.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: WarminIndy

What specie were they?

Cockatiels.

They did learn to talk and have conversations.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISawItFirst

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: maddy21

"Birds Have Fundamental Right to 'Live with dignity'

They are only lacking the desire and ability.

Sry, I don't like birds. Not as pets. I bet those birds that are bonding with you are pooping on you while they do it.

That's why you wear a towel or something on your shoulder.

I suppose you shouldn't bond with babies either, all of that drooling and peeing and vomiting...that's got to be really annoying.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: maddy21

"Birds Have Fundamental Right to 'Live with Dignity'"

So do Woman and Children!

Possibly a better idea to address the mass poverty and other socioeconomic problems, never mind the oppressive caste system in operation regarding their populace before worrying as to the dignity of the birds.

Change takes time. That's like complaining about America's "endangered species" list because there are still homeless people here. Or about Western municipalities making laws against people wearing burkas when rape & domestic abuse are still prevalent.

Every region has different priorities. And for all we know, this could've been in line with popular opinion, like their laws against beef. In other words, just because you don't think it's a priority doesn't mean it isn't a priority to the people living there.

Also, it's a court ruling. That means a case was brought to a judge or panel to be settled. Are judicial systems supposed to stop handling all "simple" cases until all major problems are solved in their respective countries?

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

I meant wild birds don't come down and are interested in humans. Captive birds are a different story. My daughter had a parrot and he flew out the door one day while very windy out and got lost. About 4 months later he flew down to a balcony a few miles away. I believe that was because he had a hard time surviving outdoors as he was never taught or learned as he was born in captivity. So, I understand what you're saying, but I think I didn't make clear what I was referring to.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join