It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious Question: Why are so Many People Afraid/Unaccepting of Transgender People?

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JuJuBee
a reply to: honested3
This statement, by the OP, is classic:

-I am not mentally ill

In who's opinion? Yours? Before your "trans"ition, YOU were the only one that saw you as "female". Every one around saw YOU, as you were: Male.

Can i be honest? The only reason why most people "accept" it is because they're just being "pollically correct"; afraid to stand up and speak out because they know the consequences. Ask Hulk Hogan, what happens when you say what you feel.

People accept transgender because science facts back it up.

I notice you say BELIEVE a lot.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: notmyrealname
Maybe nobody really cares except that it gets stuffed in everyone's face every time the turn on an electronic device. I personally don't care, don't give special attention to trans-anything and wish the subject would just go back to being an individual thing instead of a public outcry thing.

No, actually white hetero is constantly shoved in everyone's face.

Equal Rights is not Special attention.

Never noticed it; are you saying that because white hetero is predominant in certain parts of the world, they get more attention? Hmmmm, wonder why that would be. Could it be that a very small subset of society is angry and demanding more attention because they feel that they are not recognized enough?

Maybe we should start an Albino organization to take up the rights of albinos that may receive prejudice due to the way they look?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Maybe nobody really cares except that it gets stuffed in everyone's face every time the turn on an electronic device. I personally don't care, don't give special attention to trans-anything and wish the subject would just go back to being an individual thing instead of a public outcry thing.

No, actually white hetero is constantly shoved in everyone's face.

Equal Rights is not Special attention.

Never noticed it;

Exactly!

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

www.albinism.org...

Heterosexuality is shoved down all our faces daily, and i'm not saying it's a "Bad Thing" just that people constantly complain about GLBTQ+ people getting shoved down your throat, and "I'm Ok with Gay people, as long as they don't act Gay around me and beg for attention"

it's so hypocritical, because Heterosexuality, and Religion and others get shoved in everyone's face daily

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

This statement, by the OP, is classic:

-I am not mentally ill

In who's opinion? Yours? Before your "trans"ition, YOU were the only one that saw you as "female". Every one around saw YOU, as you were: Male.

Can i be honest? The only reason why most people "accept" it is because they're just being "pollically correct"; afraid to stand up and speak out because they know the consequences. Ask Hulk Hogan, what happens when you say what you feel.

Well I hold a steady job and the people in my life are generally lifted up by me and I help them in a lot of ways, I also volunteer in my community and do what I can to make the most of my life. So sure mentally ill is a subjective term but if I were to get a general poll without my gender identity being involved I am sure that I would be gauged as 'normal'.

Thanks for your reply, why don't you entertain me and tell me how you really feel about transgender people, all political correctness aside. Because if you ask you will find I am no less human than you are.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Thanks for the reply, there's a lot to mull over there. One I wanted to cover as I have an immediate reply is the excess media coverage. While Caitlyn Jenner being in the spotlight all the time can be viewed as annoying, please understand she is doing a lot of work bringing light to many other human being's and their reality. Human beings just like you, except they are transgender. Transgender issues need to be brought to light because they are real and there are statistics to back up overwhelming despair and suicide and violence against us, please try and understand its not like were trying to sell a product or a religion, but rather its an epidemic.

The majority of people do not personally know a trans person, so its easy to see them as non human, as othered and unnatural. But seeing that trans people are indeed humans with real struggles and dreams helps bring to light awareness. Awareness leads to education, education to tolerance, tolerance to acceptance. That is the big evil transgender agenda, to be treated equally as a human, scary idea huh?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

-

People accept transgender because science facts back it up.

Just curious.... What science backs up what exactly?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
To answer the OP's original question : Because when parents have middle school aged children who are exposed to the Transgender movement through the internet and media who start thinking they are transgender too, there is no real help to be found for that child. They are indoctrinated as new recruits into this twisted new world. There is no one to put the brakes on and help that child figure out why they feel that way. The parents turn to the lifelong pediatrician who they thought they could trust for help, who then in turn sets up the child with an endocrinologist to "answer questions the child has (from all the researching the child has done online)", only to find that endocrinologist is all too happy to help chase away the fears of hormonal therapy and help that child figure out how to scam insurance so they pay for it, and get that child to a REAL certified pyschologist to cover the mandatory counseling session so the hormonal treatments can be started very soon (never mind the recommended psychologist happens to be a fully transformed Transgendered person himself)(and never mind the session was about answering questions only, not to start treatment). And the esteemed endocrinologist also happens to turn out to do trans hormonal therapy as well, and did part of his medical education in pediatrics in SAN FRANSISCO, go figure. And the giddy pediatrician really wanted to attend the appointment with the parents/ child and endocrinologist (but couldn't) because she is sure this child won't be the "only case" she will have ( as if this child is an experiment, not a real person with real consequences).
The parents turned to recommended youth counseling in the area only to have the counselor tell them up front she will neither discourage or encourage but help the child "explore their feelings". Yet every time the child comes out of a counseling session the child suddenly thinks transitioning is the right thing to do, like it's " pony rides and strawberry fields" with NO consequences. So much for the counselor "NOT encouraging" it.
Every professional is either so fascinated by this new social experiment, or is so afraid of being sued, punished, etc. to speak to any contrary to it because of all the strong handed activism by the LGBT that is creating new laws to protect this new movement, no parent out there has a fighting chance in finding help for their child. All the professionals are all too happy to whisk the children through the transition process without batting an eye, leaving the children as necessary casualties in the wake of the big new movement (experiment).
Trying to google online for any help for children that may or may not be transgender (facing gender dysphoria), and all you find is support for "transgender children", protect their rights,etc....not actual help in figuring out if the child is transgender in the first place. It's all about "well if the child says they might be transgender, then so it is the truth and can't be challenged". We all know that the media has absolutely no advertising power at all to young minds !
edit on 14-8-2015 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: RoyalBlue
Without agreeing or disagreeing with what you have posted, let me ask this question: what do you think the outcome would be for children presenting with these symptoms and desires if there were no professional resources available to help them "explore their feelings" or to obtain other medical services when necessary?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: EKron

But there are one sided professional resources available for children presenting with these symptoms. That's the reality. The problem is that there is no help now for the families and children caught in between. Too many professional voices have been silenced. I can ask you the same question. What do you think the outcome is going to be for these families and children, not hypothetical, but real ? They may not be transgender, they are too young to decide their whole life, there are many mitigating factors, but now everyone including the President is telling them "if you feel that way, you are, GO FOR IT!"

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoyalBlue
But there are one sided professional resources available for children presenting with these symptoms. That's the reality. The problem is that there is no help now for the families and children caught in between. Too many professional voices have been silenced.

The reality is standards of care for the treatment of trans youth have been established and are widely accepted by professionals specializing in this field based on decades of scientific research and statistics. Are you saying something like aversion therapy or de-programming is not available and that is what you are upset about?

I'm not sure what you mean about families "caught in between"? Between forcing a trans kid into a miserable life or possibly exploring what may be better alternatives for them?

I can ask you the same question. What do you think the outcome is going to be for these families and children, not hypothetical, but real ?

Well, you didn't answer when I asked this question but I will say that each situation and child is unique and a one-size-fits-all solution is never a good idea unless tailored to the individual. The best thing to do when there is uncertainty or doubt is to put the child on blockers to delay puberty. This is fully reversible and can allow a few extra years for additional evaluation and additional time for a young person's thinking and understanding to mature and to explore their choices.

If a child exhibits gender atypical behavior and is also gender dysphoric (meaning that one is distressed about their social and/or bodily sex/gender ) and reaches their tween years (11+), you can be assured that they will remain so. I have experience with transsexual children (transkids) and can tell you this is true.

As to outcomes, if a child is indeed a transkid, the best thing a parent can do if they want their children to grow up and be happy and productive adults is 1) to educate themselves and 2) be supportive and 3) to allow their child to express and explore the world by socially transitioning, delaying puberty if possible then if indicated and desired, pursuing hormone therapy and surgery. One of our members here, now on hiatus, was one such child that had transitioned by 12 and is now an attractive and intelligent 20 year old young woman attending college with a bright future and successful life ahead of her. You can read hers and her parents story in this thread starting with this post.

Alternatively, transkids without parental support are far more likely to suffer depression and be at risk for suicide, end up homeless and often resort to sex work for survival and end up as unhappy and screwed up adults that do usually end up transitioning anyway usually not as successfully as those transitioning prior to puberty. Parents shouldn't put their own hang ups or embarrassment ahead of the feelings and satisfaction in life of their children.

Some good reading on Kay Brown's blog, On the Science of Changing Sex - Advice to Parents of Transkids. I sense that you or someone close to you is dealing with a transgender child and this may help sort some of these issues out.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
What if people who feel that they need to switch genders had parents who were wishing for the opposite sex when they were in the womb, then the brainwaves were received by the fetus and influenced them later on

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
"Afraid" and "unaccepting" are to very defferent things. Because folks don't accept something doesn't mean they "fear" it. This "phobia" nonsense you mentally ill people label sane people with is your delusion. Not ours.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

Well it does seem that some people have aversion to it.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DreamWarrior93

uh yeah,im sure brainwaves have alot to do with that........what if the foetus got brainwaves from the mother because she likes to eat raw meat.......then is she to give birth to a zombie.....

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

"Aversion"? Like an aversion to rattlesnakes? Or Tourette Syndrome? There is a reason, sane civilized people, have a word "queer" in their language. And it doesn't promote "fear" (afraid) ..so much as it does, pitty.
edit on 7-10-2015 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Hey hey hey you are the one who brought it up.

Some people are not afraid of rattlesnakes. Some are. They will avoid them for a good reason.

Some people are afraid of transgender people. Why? They pose no danger.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Well many who have an aversion to it are actually a little gay.
They have done tests showing many people who are anti gay get turned on by gay stuff.

www.livescience.com...

I'm comfortable with my sexuality and gay folk do not make me feel afraid, but to many it is the fact of their own feelings are gay but don't like to admit it therefore they are afraid of it.
Oops wrong thread lol.
edit on 7-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DreamWarrior93

Nonsense! Sane people play the cards that are dealt! You don't look at a square and say it's a circle. Then try and convence yourself and everyone around you, it's a circle. Then tell and holler, it's a circle to them that see a square! Then tell them, they're "circlephobes"! BS!

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

See this post for a hilarious response to that one
a reply to: hiddenNZ

uh yeah,im sure brainwaves have alot to do with that........what if the foetus got brainwaves from the mother because she likes to eat raw meat.......then is she to give birth to a zombie.....

new topics

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join