It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious Question: Why are so Many People Afraid/Unaccepting of Transgender People?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Well actually you were speaking in the forum which I happen to be involved so ipso defacto you were in fact talking to me. a reply to: ketsuko

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

War on Women.. LOL

I'm a feminist who supports Equality.

It would be very hypocritical of me to support Women's Equality and not Trans Equality.

I've encountered women in the restroom that make me feel uncomfortable. The way restrooms are designed is scary in itself. They're like caves set apart from the rest of the world.

I vote for redesign where individual stalls are along a wall clearly visible to everyone. Washrooms and mirrors can be separate in an open area.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

Then take some time to familiarize yourself with the entire convo.

From what we are told of transgenders, they were never in harmony with their bodies, so they never knew what the proper body felt like. There is actually no way for us to imagine that.

You must have missed the part in the post you attacked me for where I said the above. That seems to me a recognition of what you are angry about.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

What?! You want everyone to be able to watch you poop?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Oh look at that, good for you. Well I guess until we as a society become more enlightened Im going to have to rely on my second amendment rights along with the legal ability to conceal carry to protect me from violent biggots because a small handful of perverts have ruined it for those of us that just want equality. a reply to: infolurker

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: infolurker

You know about the: "We just need to Pee" campaign?

Safe bathroom access is not a luxury or a special right. Without safe access to public bathrooms, trans & genderqueer people and people who don’t fit gender stereotypes are denied full participation in public life. For many of us, finding a safe place to use the bathroom is a daily struggle.

freetopeegbc.com...

www.towleroad.com...

You just need to use and shower in the female locker room as well? Forcing Women to have "biological men" in their locker room is a bit much don't you think? As stated previously, what prevents "anyone" from claiming to be transgender and use the female facilities unchallenged?

Nope, don't have a problem with it. I'm not averse to co-ed locker rooms either. People adapt.

But, we are not talking about Men being "Men". Are we.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess
Oh look at that, good for you. Well I guess until we as a society become more enlightened Im going to have to rely on my second amendment rights along with the legal ability to conceal carry to protect me from violent biggots because a small handful of perverts have ruined it for those of us that just want equality. a reply to: infolurker

Welcome to the world. The rotten apples ruin it for everyone. Why should you be special?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Since I clearly don't understand please enlighten me what Im so angry about.a reply to: ketsuko

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Annee

What?! You want everyone to be able to watch you poop?

They can watch me go in the stall and lock the door behind me.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I never said I was you smug condescending fill in a expletive of your choice.a reply to: ketsuko

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Then you should know as well as me that it's intellectually dishonest to compare subjective "feelings" of dysphoria to one who lost a limb in service to their country. But then you're the lucky one... you're still here with both combat-boot clad feet intact. Apparently it's very easy for you to blow off the sacrifices of others when all is good for you. Okay. If that's who you want to be, that's your choice.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

War on Women.. LOL

I'm a feminist who supports Equality.

It would be very hypocritical of me to support Women's Equality and not Trans Equality.

I've encountered women in the restroom that make me feel uncomfortable. The way restrooms are designed is scary in itself. They're like caves set apart from the rest of the world.

I vote for redesign where individual stalls are along a wall clearly visible to everyone. Washrooms and mirrors can be separate in an open area.

And showers and locker rooms?

And preventing men pretending or claiming to be transgender to get unchallenged access to womens bathrooms and locker rooms?

Cmon, have some common sense here.
edit on 18-5-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
What the flying eff are you talking about, I said I didn't like the stolen valor part of the comment.a reply to: Boadicea

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
A lot of people on this thread clearly have no idea what transgender people are or what they go through. LOL

So many stupid people on this thread.

It's not about men wanting to use the women's room because they're perverts. LOL

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Why are so many people

Racist
Sexist
Homophobic
Misogynists
Xenophobic

Because they're ignorant, small minded, insecure assholes that's why.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
A lot of people on this thread clearly have no idea what transgender people are or what they go through. LOL

So many stupid people on this thread.

It's not about men wanting to use the women's room because they're perverts. LOL

What prevents men pretending or claiming to be transgender from getting unchallenged access to womens locker rooms and bathrooms? Have a brain.

There are more perverts than transgenders in the country. This is insanity.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I think part of the problem is everyone is so afraid of their own shadows now days that statically improbable scenarios are enough to cause people to deny entire groups of people equality based on irrational fears. Its sad it really is.
edit on CDTMon, 18 May 2015 14:15:24 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago18-05:00Mon, 18 May 2015 14:15:24 -050015 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
Why are so many people

Racist
Sexist
Homophobic
Misogynists
Xenophobic

Because they're ignorant, small minded, insecure assholes that's why.

I'll throw Misandrists in there for the sake of 'equality'

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I think it is more to do with people liking the way things are, equality be damned, and then finding any reason they can think of to maintain the status quo. Change is tough. It is much easier to keep things the way they are.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess
I think part of the problem is everyone is so afraid of their own shadows now days that statically improbably scenarios are enough to cause people to deny entire groups of people equality based on irrational fears.

Now it is irrational fear?

LOL, you know that putting women at risk nation wide is wrong.

Again, What prevents any man from claiming to be transgender in accessing womens locker rooms and bathrooms unchallenged because to even challenge it is discrimination!!!

Cmon. Seriously answer the question. You cannot because you know it is the truth.

You are placing your wants and safety over that of a country full of women and little girls, many of which have a lesser chance of defending themselves than you do, and it is wrong. And you know it is wrong and will do it anyway.
edit on 18-5-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join