It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious Question: Why are so Many People Afraid/Unaccepting of Transgender People?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I was liking your post right up to not natural. So tell me is hate natural or learned, hmm?I'll give you the benefit of doubt for the sake of conversation and say you are right and that it is not natural. Still no excuse to marginalize or treat us cruelly.a reply to: AnahataN

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Legman

screw who you want phage... we don't care.

I'm a heterosexual male. I choose to screw a woman who I love.
I don't care who you choose to screw or what you want to have shoved down your throat.

I do care about those who think their rights trump someone else's.

Pretty defensive there little guy. I counted the posts and you are one of 2 in 250 ish posts that made sure everyone knew he was heterosexual.

Nice. What are you defending again? and why is it important that everyone here knows you are heterosexual? I was called a bigot on page 2.... but you people that are on the other side might be bigger bigots.

NO ONE CARES IF YOU ARE HETEROSEXUAL DUDE> I DONT.

lol at all of you.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Nice. What are you defending again?
The right for people not to be considered less than others because of their sexuality. I don't like bullies. One bit.

I counted the posts and you are one of 2 in 250 ish posts that made sure everyone knew he was heterosexual.
That's because you seemed to be under the impression that I'm not. That I had some other agenda. It seemed that clearing that up was in order.

lol at all of you.
lol all you wish. Just don't think that someone is less than you because they are different. On the other hand, go ahead and think that. Just do it in your cave.

edit on 5/18/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Thanks for the laugh over and over again.

You are the one who kept saying that you don't care over and over and yet you are still here?

If you do not care then why keep posting in this thread?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

originally posted by: AnahataN
Time is an illusion, and every person alive today has already lived thousands, maybe millions of past lives, both as a male and a female. There are also many more lives to be lived. If you identify as a woman that is likely because you were a woman in you're preceding life experience. Or maybe the majority of your past lives were as a female. There are also thousands, maybe millions, more life experiences we will have during this infinite cycle of life and death. The point is to experience. When you realize the infinite nature of reality and the infinite nature of yourself it becomes easier to sit back, enjoy the ride, and experience your current life with what you have been given naturally. It is not natural to change your physical gender. Our souls are gender less, we choose to manifest as male or female for very important reasons, to learn from both sides. I think individual choice reigns supreme, but the reason transgender are shunned is because it is not natural. In a way it is a matter of patience, or cosmic patience if you will. If you're uncomfortable in your current body, just remember that time is an illusion and you will reincarnate as all possible body types you can imagine. It is an infinite dance of birth and rebirth, of constantly experiencing life from both sides, as male and female.

That's exactly the same story I told myself for years and it's what kept me from seeking help. It's easy to say when looking in from the outside. A dysphoric person can rationalize it all they want but, in the end, it's something that needs to be confronted on a very practical level.

In fact, a couple of years ago, when I was still struggling with suppression, I told a TG member here on ATS something very similar. I wanted to believe that so badly. And I do, actually but I just can't conclude it in the same manner that you do anymore.

There is a very real side to this that you'll never be able to see clearly unless you either dedicate a whole lot of time researching it or if you suffer from it yourself. But I can tell you this: it's far more than just a spiritual matter.

I agree. I apologize if my post seemed dry and without empathy, I was just trying to convey my answer to your question. Like I said, I personally believe that choice reigns supreme, no matter what. The fact that you have the freedom to make that choice is the point of living. Free will. Making choices to maintain happiness is why we are here. I am a very empathic person, especially with all the sexual manipulation and exploitation these days, there is so much swaying between both extremes of the spectrum, both emotionally and physically, and both on a macro (earth) and micro (individual) level. There is really no reason for any of it, because we are but a cosmic blink, and therein lies the paradox. We are human, we are here to experience both extremes of out current (human) spectrum; emotionally, physically, and mentally

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

lol at all of you.
lol all you wish.

As long as he does it in an apathetic manner since He. Does. Not. Care.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

He. Does. Not. Care.

He. Cares. Enough. To. Post. Many. Times. In. This. Thread. Telling. Us. That. He. Doesn't. Care.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
He's just doing the I don't care bear stare a reply to: Deaf Alien

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: honested3

originally posted by: calstorm
a reply to: honested3
We all know discrimination exists in multiple forms for people of all walks of life. Being hostile against those who don't see things your way, doesn't help to make them open there mind and be any more understanding. It is clear you are hurting due to your experiences, but when you lash out and call people names you only cause them to close their minds further to your point of view.

Youre right, I am sorry for calling people bigots, I would appreciate if you could use the same enforcement towards people in other threads using offensive terms as "tranny" or "freak" or transgendered" I feel a little singled out, granted I know you mean well.

Are there any acceptable alternatives to transgender? Sometimes I just don't feel like typing out the full word. I catch myself typing tyranny or trans (Is trans acceptable?) out of laziness. I usually correct it because I know people are offended by tranny, but I don't always catch it. I'm not the most sensitive with words, I'm usually caught off guard by the stuff people take offense at.

I know i could just say woman, but there are discussions that require specific words for clarity. Transgender feels like a long winded word.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I personally find Trans, TG or TS to be acceptable. Hope that helpsa reply to: mahatche

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess
I personally find Trans, TG or TS to be acceptable. Hope that helpsa reply to: mahatche

There's this awesome lady on a forum I frequent who referred to herself as an "exotic hybrid". I'm hoping that term becomes a thing as I kind of dig it.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess

There's this awesome lady on a forum I frequent who referred to herself as an "exotic hybrid". I'm hoping that term becomes a thing as I kind of dig it.

I like exotic hybrid. It's to bad the word hybrid is associated with cars now. Hybrid is cool thing to be. If I was a trained assassin, I'd rather be a hybrid killer than a regular guy killer.

I'll use trans in the future, but for now It's exotic hybrid. thank you.

To clear up any misconceptions I may have created in the closed gender discussion. I'm on the side of Exotic Hybrids, but I have some political and philosophical disagreements with some parts of some movements. My support for your right to exist in peace, does not mean unconditional support for everything you attempt. There is no fear, I'm actually very curious about hybrids. I've considered actively seeking out friendships with some, but my need to understand them psychologically makes things awkward. I feel like I dig around in ways that I wouldn't with other people.

I also struggle with being delicate. The extent of some peoples sensitivity make me reluctant to engage. I understanding why hybrids would think I view them as freaks, but my examinations are purely psychological. I am reading you. I am processing judgements. They aren't always negative, to survive as a hybrid takes massive strength. I admire strength, but most people are going to require time to process a feeling of understanding. There needs to be some level of acceptance of that on your part.

Shutting things down in the manner that I've seen prevents understanding. Anyone who says anything wrong is instantly condemned as the worst type of person. It's the wrong approach. This is what I call soft fascism. I hate it. It's immature.

edit on 05am02am312015-05-18T02:27:48-05:0002America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

edit on 05am02am312015-05-18T02:29:11-05:0002America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   
That sounds cool enough but I think it easier to stick with already clinically accepted terms for the sake of the easily confused masses. Again simple and to the point so that it is easy for them to take in and accept.a reply to: Cuervo

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Honey you can ask me anything you want as long as it respectful. I have pretty thick skin and am intuitive enough to know an innocent yet maybe awkward question versus an outright attempt at trolling.a reply to: mahatche

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I lost my best friend of about 20 years who has always been a staunch right wing conservative. We agreed on a lot of things and not so much on others. Im more of a libertarian and constitutionalist if you must label but in reality would like a new branch called the common sense party of reasonable people.

He struggled to understand this but to his credit was trying about as well as I could expect from someone with his views and values. He is pretty misogynistic too and I was forgiving of that because I had known him so long and knew that deep down he is actually a pretty decent person and a great single dad. I did have to remind him that slapping my ass in that playful locker room manner was no longer acceptable, he struggled with that. I was forgiving of the crass terminology he used in his questioning process. I also half jokingly commented once that had I been born in the proper body we actually would be perfect for one another, he laughed and agreed.

It wasn't until a drunken debate about the silly bathroom issue that we mutually decided that their was no longer any value in our friendship.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

In many places in the UK, especially in schools i believe bathrooms (toilets to the non-US) are communal, one toilet for all genders. Seems to me, this 'multi-gender' approach is the answer to that one particular problem, as trivial as it is.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That's because you seemed to be under the impression that I'm not. That I had some other agenda. It seemed that clearing that up was in order.

Probably because that actor on your avatar played a transgender / transsexual in one of his films once upon a time. And you seem to like him very much indeed..so. (playing Devils advocate there)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Good on you for living your life as you feel you should. We should all have that courage.

My anger isn't against gays, trans, or anyone who has a different sexual preference than the norm. (I myself don't adhere to what people consider "normal".) But I'm so sick and tired of political correctness. We've become so touchy feely that anyone who dares mention what they really think are blasted to pieces of their honest opinion.

With that being said, you won't really get a real opinion but rather one that has been sugar coated to suit the PC masses. Just look at Seagull's comment when he claims "fear" is the reason. It's not, he knows damn well it isn't. But it's easier to just label everyone else who doesn't agree with you with a buzzword or two instead of realizing that people are different, just like you and won't share the same feeling(s) as you do on a subject.

People like him are just like gay bashers of old. "You're different and therefor you must be crazy!". Yeah, it wasn't right back then and it isn't anymore right now even if the roles are reversed.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
It would seem the UK is a little bit ahead of us here in the USA in both bad and good ways from what I gather. Part of me likes the concept and think there may be potential there as a solution. Another part is slightly concerned that Americans in general are not mature enough yet for such a progressive idea.a reply to: MysterX

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I agree with you whole heartedly that PC is getting out of hand. I also think everyone has a right to their opinion and I for one actually want bigots to express their opinions so long as it does not cross the line of reasonable distaste into outward abuse. I want to know who my enemies are that way we can just stay the heck away from one another. You don't like me...cool, I don't like you either and we could leave it at that and part ways.a reply to: 2Spooky4Me

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join