It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious Question: Why are so Many People Afraid/Unaccepting of Transgender People?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I have general knowledge, but no specific experience. What specific experience have you had with this?

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Legman
a reply to: Annee

LOL I already said that the majority of people DONT CARE. I DONT CARE.

They are equal. No one gives a crap how they screw or with whom!!! lol

Go ahead and call me a bigot. IT will just be twice in this thread.

Don't care isn't support.

I don't care about hot air balloonists. I DONT care about vegetarians. I DONT care about religious folk. I Don't care about Taco Bells new breakfast....

I DONT CARE.

And you cannot make me support a cause I DONT CARE ABOUT.

AND THAT DOES NOT MAKE. ME. BAD.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Legman

It seems you do care. Judging by the caps.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Infinitis
a reply to: Cuervo

I am confused because I have never met a transgender who was not interested in the sex they were born as. I have of course heard that this can happen; I just see no evidence of it.

Um... me. I am married to a super hot woman and I am finally transitioning. When my junk gets flipped inside out, I'm going to dig chicks just like I do now. Transgender people aren't just super extra gay just like not all gay dudes are effeminate nor are all lesbians butch.

Gender and sexual orientation are mutually exclusive.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

This can happen when you arm the populace with a rudimentary understanding of a behavior through the media, then expect them to be able to navigate sensitive conversations about gender with their children.

One's curiosity when fueled by another's ignorance can lead to disastrous conclusions.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I care about the rank and file (you) shoving it down my throat.... even on a message board.

Caps were for you only bubba.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee
No that's not what I think about and I don't even understand your response which tells me you didn't understand my post

Let's just call all this Communicstion breakdown. Nobody understands others plain and simple so why even discuss it any further? Nothing is being accomplished when comments are taken out of context

Enjoy whatever it is you decided to have for your dinner

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I knew he's been reminding me of somebody...

link   

Reminds me of a child with their hand an inch away from his friend saying "not touching you, not touching you." You are going to try to tell him what does or doesn't care about, because of the text formatting in response to disbelief regarding his statement? C'mon man.

link   

I care about the rank and file (you) shoving it down my throat.... even on a message board.

That is really an interesting turn of phrase that shows up all so often.

I saw a white girl holding hands with a black man the other day. Just walking down the street like it was the most natural thing in the world.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

So what made you feel that you needed to flip your junk inside out and utilize drugs to reform yourself from the inside out (and outside in)? Is it like restless leg syndrome, but worse?

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

I will agree with that.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Infinitis

You are going to try to tell him what does or doesn't care about, because of the text formatting in response to disbelief regarding his statement? C'mon man.

It's pretty obvious based on more than the caps that he does care. And it's not for.

edit on 5/17/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Lol.... have fun. When you are beat you traditionally stray off topic.

Predictable.

I retire from the thread as the winner. I answered the OP and people responding to me went off topic and cast insults.

That is how tenuous your position is.... and how phony it is.

The majority of us... JUST. DONT. CARE.....

screw who you want phage... we don't care.

adios.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

screw who you want phage... we don't care.

I'm a heterosexual male. I choose to screw a woman who I love.
I don't care who you choose to screw or what you want to have shoved down your throat.

I do care about those who think their rights trump someone else's.

edit on 5/17/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Stalking- no this individual in next to me at the urinal as Gomer Pyle used to say ,'surprise,surprise,surprise'.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
A few things I'd like to address here: firstly I never said that I was transgender or referred to we, I or us in reference to any of my comments regarding "the community" you can check my small post history and confirm that. You made an assumption which I will admit was correct. Im a bit bothered by that as I assume that you made that assumption based on my defense of the trans community as opposed to me simply being a kind and compassionate person. Ill also add that my name may have implied that as well.

Secondly I'd like to add that I am not the easily scared type so that one you got wrong. In contrary to what you believe I actually am more comfortable being out and about in the city as opposed to the backwoods conservative stronghold of a area I live in. I also think that you may be implying it is trans peoples own fault when they are attacked based on the clothing they choose to wear. Ie: the whole it is the victims fault for wearing that skirt mentality.reply to: violet

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Infinitis

So what made you feel that you needed to flip your junk inside out and utilize drugs to reform yourself from the inside out (and outside in)? Is it like restless leg syndrome, but worse?

If you like, you can read my thread about it. Or you can google "gender dysphoria". Not all situations are the same but mine actually follows a fairly textbook version.

Short answer is that I am a woman in a body that is wrong. It's actually more physiological than psychological. There is a reason that the only treatment is to change the body and not the brain.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

LOL you are a funny man. You keep posting over and over again in this thread which you don't care about going I don't care I don't care I don't care and yet you are still here.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
So now I see we can't say we don't care. This is like walking on eggshells.

I don't care means I don't mind, it doesn't bother me. See if you can twist that around into something negative.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join